Unveiling the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

LordRahl2

"This will definitely work" -Kastor, on Rose's blitz

"This will never work" -Kastor, on a dope-ass idea

Alright you've got me there it just seems foolish to think this'll work.

Say you have 6 members in this league, and James II goes over the 1/2 city mark you've imposed. You, naturally, start to spy his nukes away. One of you gets caught, and Alpha starts to kill your spies for doing this. All of 1 of the league's members spies gets killed. You now have to wait 25 days for them to even become remotely helpful to you. Now you're down to 5 members, repeat this.

Plus once you've got a fix on a member, it's easy to keep their spies down to prevent you from killing their spies, and I doubt any alliance will step in to stop if you're actively attacking their spies.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a terrible idea, I think the 1/2 count is great. Enough to do damage in times of war but not enough to cause -100% food in every continent. But announcing it like this, imposing your will onto a sovereign alliance just isn't going to work. Reminds me of the Citadel council(no one go on white).

• Upvote 3

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

heh I wonder how many people will spy away nukes on their own AA.

Interesting way of going bout this though!

There are plenty of people who can spy away others nukes while avoiding their own AA.

• Downvote 1

Alright you've got me there it just seems foolish to think this'll work.

Say you have 6 members in this league, and James II goes over the 1/2 city mark you've imposed. You, naturally, start to spy his nukes away. One of you gets caught, and Alpha starts to kill your spies for doing this. All of 1 of the league's members spies gets killed. You now have to wait 25 days for them to even become remotely helpful to you. Now you're down to 5 members, repeat this.

Plus once you've got a fix on a member, it's easy to keep their spies down to prevent you from killing their spies, and I doubt any alliance will step in to stop if you're actively attacking their spies.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a terrible idea, I think the 1/2 count is great. Enough to do damage in times of war but not enough to cause -100% food in every continent. But announcing it like this, imposing your will onto a sovereign alliance just isn't going to work. Reminds me of the Citadel council(no one go on white).

So let's say a Roz Wei member gets caught spying away Alpha's nukes.  There's still members in other AAs who will continue to do their LoEG duty.  Now Alpha is more than welcome to spy retaliate against Roz Wei, but...  will Roz Wei tolerate that? =3

That's the genius of having members from all AAs contributing to the cause of keeping the nuke production to a reasonable level.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Does this not in some way take away from the rights of a nation? I mean imposing such a rule would leave some to believe that they are not "free" to do as they seem fit. Not arguing though, this does sound interesting to say the least.

The United States of Belveria

qAFfwLo.gif

Ahhh the truth is not shown into light, its ok for SOME nations and people to have freedom to "spy away nukes" but is taboo and not ok for others to produce a large amount of nukes. You all really that butt hurt over the nukes and food thing?

• Upvote 2

qAFfwLo.gif

Ahhh the truth is not shown into light, its ok for SOME nations and people to have freedom to "spy away nukes" but is taboo and not ok for others to produce a large amount of nukes. You all really that butt hurt over the nukes and food thing?

You're not very playful.

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

You're not very playful.

Eh you know, long day, got a headache and such weather change always effects me this way...darn nuclear winter is a drag if you know what I mean. :D

qAFfwLo.gif

I suspect most established nations keep a stockpile of food.

During (nuclear) wars, the uninvolved are unfairly punished. The smaller nations, therefore the newer players, pay the largest price. So it's more about trying to keep the influx of new nations from suffering unduly than it is about being "butthurt".

tbh it would look fishy when people on opposite sides start spying on one another, it just makes it hard to see which is and which is not league activity.

but for the sake of new nations who don't have alliance banks storing loads of food, this is needed.

Edited by Matt2004

Untitled.png.a5280e76db3e7bedecea0a5e4d7b7daf.png