• War of Fake Spheres
    • War of Two Spheres
    • Two Spheres War
    • Nuclear Winter War
    • Fallout War
    • Ground Zero War
    • These All Suck -- NULL VOTE
    • Silent War

Ground Zero has an allusion to the radiation theme which many people want, while also directly referencing the new military strategy used in this war, and is fitting for the time period the war is taking place in. It covers all the bases for what makes this war unique from all the others, while still being short. It has my vote (though I may be biased :P)

• Upvote 4

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

George W did 9/11

Sheepy did 9/11

a.k.a. Chaunce

Hee hee. Room indeed.

I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.

Ground Zero has an allusion to the radiation theme which many people want, while also directly referencing the new military strategy used in this war, and is fitting for the time period the war is taking place in. It covers all the bases for what makes this war unique from all the others, while still being short. It has my vote (though I may be biased :P)

Pretty sure it wasnt a strategy they just weren't built up yet, lots of us stay at max planes in peace. If it is a strategy it's terrible against anyone that can war effectively.

T7Vrilp.png

Is it going to be set in stone after this vote?

These are usually used to winnow the field prior to a final vote.

However when sheepy rolls the game back a week for #reasons then we will want to call it rollback 2 or smthn.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Pretty sure it wasnt a strategy they just weren't built up yet, lots of us stay at max planes in peace. If it is a strategy it's terrible against anyone that can war effectively.

It was definitely a strategy, and I think you misunderstand it if you view it as simply having max planes in peace. That isn't inherently part of it. I won't go into where it may work and where it may not, but it is a strategy which will now become a mainstay in the game for when it makes strategic sense. You can disagree with it but it will be one of the two unique characteristics of this war (though the other characteristic will pretty much be every war for now on), and ultimately that is what I think these war names should be based on. 'Ground Zero' is the only name which encompasses both of them.

a.k.a. Chaunce

Hee hee. Room indeed.

I actually thought the same, had a rant about it and all...and I was very wrong. :P

• Upvote 2

Untitled.png

I actually thought the same, had a rant about it and all...and I was very wrong. :P

Naw...you missed a piece of what he said.

-signature removed for rules violation-

The image below is from 2 weeks before the war. When t$ attacked SK was online and minutes away from doing their own blitz on us. When we blitzed first they did the only thing that could be done, they grabbed ground control and attempted to follow up with dogfights.

EDIT: 2 weeks was kinda meaningless, so instead here is everyone's peace time specs 1 month prior compared to the day of the war. As far as I know, we are the only ones running 0 ground all the time. What little ground we have is in the new nations and treasure holders.

readiness20160809.png

readiness20160918.png

Edited by Jessica Rabbit

But Jessica... where are the numbers to show that SyndiMenOOsphere were armed up to wreck Paracov that Roq was so certain of?

Roq makes his crap up as he goes to suit whatever brand of victim complex he has on any given day. Today it is the game is imbalanced, tomorrow it will be NPO is too young to compete, tomorrow it will be NPO's tax rates give syndi and OO sphere an unfair advantage. 

I can't even begin to guess what victim complex he will have next week.

• Upvote 1

Untitled.png

The image below is from 2 weeks before the war. When t$ attacked SK was online and minutes away from doing their own blitz on us. When we blitzed first they did the only thing that could be done, they grabbed ground control and attempted to follow up with dogfights.

EDIT: 2 weeks was kinda meaningless, so instead here is everyone's peace time specs 1 month prior compared to the day of the war. As far as I know, we are the only ones running 0 ground all the time. What little ground we have is in the new nations and treasure holders.

readiness20160809.png

readiness20160918.png

Oh as an attacking strategy sure it can work great, to be fair I wasnt paying attention and didn't see you guys actually hit first this war I thought it was claimed as a defense strategy. Should you get caught unawares ever, even being lower tier because of the lack of ground, a single ga followed by a single dogfight would be a big problem. But yeah if you guys can maintain this miraculous spate of no one on the opposing side being able to keep any kind of opsec you'll be grand.

I just worry for the strat if it went up an alliance that could blitz.

T7Vrilp.png

Oh as an attacking strategy sure it can work great, to be fair I wasnt paying attention and didn't see you guys actually hit first this war I thought it was claimed as a defense strategy. Should you get caught unawares ever, even being lower tier because of the lack of ground, a single ga followed by a single dogfight would be a big problem. But yeah if you guys can maintain this miraculous spate of no one on the opposing side being able to keep any kind of opsec you'll be grand.

I just worry for the strat if it went up an alliance that could blitz.

Fortress would have given us only 2 hours to respond. If our opponents lead with ground, we would still have 100% of our jets, and our low score profile would give us a 2-3 city advantage. When we down-declare we get a 6-8 city advantage.

2 hours is a very small window to get everyone online to counter. It would be a lot of pressure on us to capitalize on our jet advantage before they could hit again. That was the plan.

• Upvote 1

Because who doesn't love a good poll with way too many options?

Dude......whatever you do in the privacy of your own home is your own business, I'm not judging, but please remember, there are youngsters on these forums, so please try to keep it PG....maybe PG-13.  #youngsterslivesmatter

X4EfkAB.png

Roq makes his crap up as he goes to suit whatever brand of victim complex he has on any given day. Today it is the game is imbalanced, tomorrow it will be NPO is too young to compete, tomorrow it will be NPO's tax rates give syndi and OO sphere an unfair advantage. 

I can't even begin to guess what victim complex he will have next week.

That's an OOC attack

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Fortress would have given us only 2 hours to respond. If our opponents lead with ground, we would still have 100% of our jets, and our low score profile would give us a 2-3 city advantage. When we down-declare we get a 6-8 city advantage.

2 hours is a very small window to get everyone online to counter. It would be a lot of pressure on us to capitalize on our jet advantage before they could hit again. That was the plan.

I always forget about these new features Sheepy brings in. Good point and actually makes a decent amount of sense. I guess the advantage gets less as you get bigger (bigger ranges)

T7Vrilp.png

You are starting to sound like Roq now :P

This is what happens when I'm not allowed to shitpost on the OWF.

Make Kitteh Great Again.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Seeing as how including references to food and radiation seems to be sparking some controversy on these here forums, I think the best solution is to compromise on a neutral term like the Mikey War ;)

I always forget about these new features Sheepy brings in. Good point and actually makes a decent amount of sense. I guess the advantage gets less as you get bigger (bigger ranges)

Yeah even taking into consideration the ground control reductions, most of our opponents still had larger airforces than us (though it was closer) and with an average of 3-4 more cities, a much higher replacement rate. If we had caught them unawares and had been able to seize ground control and get in 1-2 dog fights as well, it might have fallen apart. But if they can respond before that they can just start engaging in the air immediately and accepting the early defeats for the whittling away that they know we can't replace, at least not to the same degree. Their city advantage also helps give them a ground advantage in terms of how much they can get out of a double buy. That helped if we got close to winning the ground war (once the air becomes a lost cause), because they could buy up to enough to blunt further immense triumphs in relatively few buys.

Of course I say this all in hindsight, being one of many who believed the entire plan would fall apart for much the same reasons you and others outlined.

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.