Sheepy's hypocrisy

Kastor

I'm not upset about it - I just thought it would be more effective to issue one broad statement than address the multitude of messages I'm getting every day.

I don't care whether you come up with a nuclear armistice deal or not - if I was a player, I'd ride this war out, and invest heavily in food production and stockpile tons of food. Then, I'd advocate as much as possible for nuclear wars in the future, and reap huge profits selling my overpriced food stores.

On the other hand, the alliances lobbing the nuclear weapons are going to inevitably fall short to alliances who can steer clear of war and grow quickly through war profiteering. It would be in their best interest to keep that growth gap from getting to large - one way could be by a mutual agreement to use less or no nukes, another way could be to roll the alliances who are outpacing them.

In any case, I think this makes the future more interesting, certainly.

I love you Sheepy. I have so much food stock. Keep doing ridiculous stuff.

I think that the effects of radiation are not intense enough as it is. If you reach negative food, I think that your cities should have a scaling amount of income not being obtained. For instance, if you have a 100 deficit of food per day at 0 food, the amount of negative money should be like -40% or something and scale linearly so that if you have -10000 food per day at 0 food, you only produce 1% of your income you would normally obtain

Cannibalism would also be an neat-o feature.

• Upvote 1

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

Also, bio-engineered crops. You know, to resist radiation. And vaults. We NEED vaults.

I will be very disappointed if there's a cap on the effects of radiation. -100% should definitely be possible. At most you could just make it harder to get there.

And people sure are butt hurt about food, it really shows how overlooked it really was. I for one like the new found importance of food. Not like it's expensive anyway, people be acting like it's too pricey to buy. So many babies up in here like deal with it people come on.

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

You'd be surprised at what rising prices will cause people with large stockpiles of food to do.

Dang straight......check it out if you don't believe the man.  Won't tell you how much I started with or how much I have left, but I will say I don't use farms.  All food was bought off the market when it was about $110/unit or lower.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=1574&display=trade

Change the "Show" to 50 for a better view.  Also.....check out lines 54, 55 and 56!  That is how to turn a profit my friends.......I knew those finance and stock market classes would pay off some day.....now only if it were real money!!!!

Edited by Sailor Jerry

X4EfkAB.png

I made a few bucks. Gave some away. Half of what's left will probably be looted. Still, leaving me with enough to feed my population for 100 days. I hope I'll get beiged for it.

Tbh, I like the way Sheepy drastically changes the rules at the worst possible time. Makes an otherwise boring game more dynamic.

I also like the radiation rule change because it acurately simulates the decision-making when the A Bomb was first used. A prototype was detonated only a week or so before the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Truman had no idea about the long term effects of the bomb when he pressed the button. He just thought it was a big bomb, and didn't understand radiation enough to make an informed decision on those effects. In fact, it took a couple of decades and several hundred atomic explosions for the world to realize that it needed treaties like the Comprehensive Nuclear Teat Ban Treaty and Nuclear Non-Proliferation Agreement. We are now all going through the same experience.

Edited by Buck Turgidson

I have -201% food production on my revenue, yet I gained 1,000 food somehow. A few days ago it was at 19,000, now it's at 20,000.

Date		    Sender		   Receiver Banker   Money	 Food	  Coal	Oil	Uranium	Lead Iron  Bauxite Gasoline Munitions Steel Aluminum
09/19/2016 12:42 am New Pacific Order Bank Meonesia Farronia $895,052.81 1,041.21 11.93	12.31	7.98	5.58 12.75 35.58   137.95   73.54     48.40 164.07
RollSheepy.png

I think this is a great change, my only comment would be that you have implemented a collective punishment for individual indiscretion without providing an individual incentive to buck the behaviour. A possible example could be have a setting for membership in a Non proliferation pact that takes 45 days to cancel which removes your ability to purchase/hold nuclear weapons but limits the radiation impact to say -80%-90%.

I think this is a great change, my only comment would be that you have implemented a collective punishment for individual indiscretion without providing an individual incentive to buck the behaviour. A possible example could be have a setting for membership in a Non proliferation pact that takes 45 days to cancel which removes your ability to purchase/hold nuclear weapons but limits the radiation impact to say -80%-90%.

That is unrealistic, just because you have a non proliferation pact irl doesnt stop radiation. What he should do is let you destroy nuclear stockpiles with ground troops or ships

I like how Sheepy keeps saying or hinting that we should all use politics to deal with this issue, yet a lot people keep talking about buffs and debuffs, and ways to make things built in to the mechanics. With those changes in place, then we could just ditch the politics part entirely, save for MDoAPs and ego clashes.

I think that it's good for the politics to become more complex, even if that wasn't Sheepy's original intent.

Edited by Ilya