Sheepy's hypocrisy

Kastor

As much as I enjoy our current radiation bath (reminds me of home), I disagree with the facile position that those who disagree with the current mechanics should bugger off and find another game. This game is quite reliant on the community, and Alex has always said that he is willing to be guided or at least listen to the opinions of the playerbase. If a mechanic is broken then it should be fixed. The idea is to make a balanced game where players can be strategic. That kind of balance is hard to find and some have argued that relying on players being smart enough not to kill the world food supply is a bit optimistic. I can't say I disagree with that position based on observations of some of Orbis' more intellectually challenged citizens.

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

This doesn't disadvantage nations at war much - they're usually going to have food stockpiles before heading into war because war means swapping out econ improvements for military ones and having a food deficit. It mostly hurts the neutrals and new players, or nations that were unprepared for war, especially since the mechanic was introduced right before hundreds of nukes were about to be launched so they didn't have a chance to adjust their strategy to the mechanics change. Most of the people launching and taking nuclear hits should be able to ride it out.

Investing heavily in food production is completely useless when the radiation level causes the continent to reduce food production to -100% so it wont matter how many farms you have and how much land you have because you will be producing zero food. All we can do is buy it off the market to increase our stock piles, but no one will sell their food when people are lobbing nukes just so they can avoid the penalty to their revenue from having zero food.

Edited by Dark Specter
  • Upvote 5

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

• Administrators

Investing heavily in food production is completely useless when the radiation level causes the continent to reduce food production to -100% so it wont matter how many farms you have and how much land you have because you will be producing zero food. All we can do is buy it off the market to increase our stock piles, but no one will sell their food when people are lobbing nukes just so they can afford the penalty to their revenue from having zero food.

You'd be surprised at what rising prices will cause people with large stockpiles of food to do.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Listen, I'm fine with Alex/sheepy adding whatever he wants to this game (tis his game), but don't go acting like you are innocent in any of these complaints Alex. Usually you're pretty good at warning people about updates and what not. You blind-sided people with this update (during a nuke heavy war mind you) and then go on to say 

"Please do not continue to message me about this issue, I will not help you. I will tell you what I have told you above - that this is your (collective) problem to address and solve. Partake in the "Politics" aspect of the game."

It isn't our problem since we didn't create the frame work (The radiation aspect) of this problem. You and your elementary school way of making things up did. You pretty much are that guy who pulled the legs off of an ant and then told the ant that he shouldn't have walked near you if he didn't want his legs pulled off.

Additionally I don't care about this new feature, that's not what this is about, this is about the title of this post. You talk of getting people into this game, and then make it a flip-flop experience for anyone who starts it. This game is basically only for veteran players now.

Random updates I can take, this kinda of shenanigans is crazy.

Radiation will decay, new players start with 500 food.

My changelog update is about saving everyone time - those who would message me asking to nerf the update, and my time responding to them.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Sheepy, you can't spin this any other way than you !@#$ed people over during a war. I appreciate you and all the work you've done to make PW, and I could never really side with people who bash you for making bad decisions. But really? In the middle of a war? !@#$ you.

I'm sorry I didn't mean it I love you really 

bw0643E.gif

On the other hand, the alliances lobbing the nuclear weapons are going to inevitably fall short to alliances who can steer clear of war and grow quickly through war profiteering. It would be in their best interest to keep that growth gap from getting to large - one way could be by a mutual agreement to use less or no nukes, another way could be to roll the alliances who are outpacing them.

How is this any different than every war ever?

"If two alliances fight a war, other alliances get ahead. Therefore, you should arbitrarily roll peaceful alliances like GPA, or just never fight in the first place."

I tell you how it will end, players will agree to stop giving their money to Alex

food production -100%

money for Alex -100%

Then the cap will be changed to a max of -50% food production and people will realize that it's still too high, but they can no longer ask Alex to decrease even more the radiations, then everyone loses.

• Upvote 2

Sheepy, you can't spin this any other way than you !@#$ed people over during a war. I appreciate you and all the work you've done to make PW, and I could never really side with people who bash you for making bad decisions. But really? In the middle of a war? !@#$ you.

I'm sorry I didn't mean it I love you really 

I mean I actually think doing this during a war was a good move. People can see the actual capabilities and the seriousness of the issue firsthand.

• Upvote 1

I tell you how it will end, players will agree to stop giving their money to Alex

food production -100%

money for Alex -100%

Then the cap will be changed to a max of -50% food production and people will realize that it's still too high, but they can no longer ask Alex to decrease even more the radiations, then everyone loses.

I dub this highly unlikely.

The United States of Belveria

qAFfwLo.gif

Sheepy's changelog message was overly harsh.

I like that o/

(still think 50% cap is better doe :v)

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I mean I actually think doing this during a war was a good move. People can see the actual capabilities and the seriousness of the issue firsthand.

Maybe in like a paperless scuffle or an NK rampage but not in a serius bisnus WAR :|

bw0643E.gif