Realy? The middle of a war to finally update the nuke radiation?

Ayayay

The change happened, like it or hate it it happened. Going forward the use of nukes will be looked at more now and now using them will cause the Orbis community to take an interest in how many nukes are being thrown.

The United States of Belveria

qAFfwLo.gif

Probably this war will be cut short, but I agree with you on future wars.

Doubtful. Nuke reserves are already employed. The radiation should now begin to decay - assuming he didn't hose that up too.

So there is no real reason to cut this war short.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Doubtful. Nuke reserves are already employed. The radiation should now begin to decay - assuming he didn't hose that up too.

So there is no real reason to cut this war short.

Good point. I just embargoed one of my enemies who needed to buy uranium for nukes, so he has to use missiles now. 

I'm sure there are other reasons. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

The change happened, like it or hate it it happened. Going forward the use of nukes will be looked at more now and now using them will cause the Orbis community to take an interest in how many nukes are being thrown.

You do realize he can undo or tweak changes right?

I just want to say, the original plan was to cap it at 25% or 50% max radiation malus. Meaning at worst you'd lose 70% of your food, which is way better than 100% imho.

It should be capped at 25% maybe 50%, and the Global Radiation Index should be removed. It should just be a continent radiation factor. A random nuke launching in NA shouldn't affect me in Africa or w/e. GRI is just stupid.

XLL3z4T.gif

This is working as intended. If you don't like nukes, convince !@#$ who only use nukes to deconstruct their NRFs. If that fails, spy the hell out of them during peace and never let them build any nuke stockpiles. Roll them and roll them again until they capitulate.

• Upvote 5
77oKn5K.png

This is working as intended. If you don't like nukes, convince !@#$ who only use nukes to deconstruct their NRFs. If that fails, spy the hell out of them during peace and never let them build any nuke stockpiles. Roll them and roll them again until they capitulate.

They should find an alliance willing to take this task on and pay them a "nuke free" tax.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

You do realize he can undo or tweak changes right?

It should be capped at 25% maybe 50%, and the Global Radiation Index should be removed. It should just be a continent radiation factor. A random nuke launching in NA shouldn't affect me in Africa or w/e. GRI is just stupid.

He can yes, but I do not see him removing the system. And the damage has already been done. If later on he decides to make adjustments that will most likely be after the war. So doesn't do much good to complain about it now does it?

The United States of Belveria

qAFfwLo.gif

Heheheh.

This is such a minor update that I judged it not relevant whether there was an ongoing war or not. Food is abundant and cheap.

"We're currently on the verge of a global crisis, as almost every continent is at 0 Food Production. If you are unhappy with the current trend, then you will have to solve this issue among yourselves (and you have the ability. Just lay off launching the nukes.)"

Enjoy your minor global crisis everyone!

• Upvote 3

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

The Aussies still have food, but that will only last for so long....

R.I.P. Food

foo_curry_chicken.giffoo_adca2014_aheartymeal.giffoo_insta_meal.gif

The beginning of time - ?/?/2016

"We will miss the way you taste."

:sheepy:  :3 CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!! :3 :sheepy:

The Average New World Citizen:

Jake_Mandell.png

#stopthenukes :'(

Lol I know.

Regardless, this radiation (an interesting subject) crisis is still quite interesting.

Edited by Goldsteel

:sheepy:  :3 CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!! :3 :sheepy:

The Average New World Citizen:

Jake_Mandell.png

#stopthenukes :'(

• Wiki Mod

Sheepy, this mechanic is not going to drive some magic meta agreement on nukes. The only time nukes are really used in mass is when your getting insides rearranged. At that point they are the only meaningful way to do damage. Noone is going to give that up. What this going to do is make food a required part of warchests, which is going to jack the price up, slow down rebuilds, & lead to less war. I believe this is the exact opposite of your stated goal for the game?

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Sheepy, this mechanic is not going to drive some magic meta agreement on nukes. The only time nukes are really used in mass is when your getting insides rearranged. At that point they are the only meaningful way to do damage. Noone is going to give that up. What this going to do is make food a required part of warchests, which is going to jack the price up, slow down rebuilds, & lead to less war. I believe this is the exact opposite of your stated goal for the game?

Not to mention completely screw over any new players that join during a war.

"I just started playing, how do I get food?"

"You don't."

I have no problem with food/radiation changes. If we had been warned fully even 2 weeks ahead of time we would have missed all the fun of the new twist. In fact I fear this is so easy to adapt to that there will be no lasting rise in food prices....a shame as I am (er...was and will be) a leading producer. I capped out of food storage 999,999 some time ago because I wasn't selling at 80ppu. (Long ago sold peopleso don't attack me!) Besides folks...lots of things price spike in war. I sold a batch of food at 400ppu last war and I've only seen 280ppu during this "crisis". Pay a little extra now and mitigate it easily in the future.

• Upvote 1

Global Nuclear Radiation Index

North America Radiation Index

Food Production: -100.00%

South America Radiation Index

Europe Radiation Index

Asia Radiation Index

Africa Radiation Index