Realy? The middle of a war to finally update the nuke radiation?

Ayayay

Now, i know i may be a snowman, but can someone double check my number here?(it is almost 4 in the morning for me):

I ran the math on how long it would take the radiation in North America to go back to zero.

so here is what the radiation index page says:

Radiation dissipates over time, with more recent nuclear weapons detonations having a stronger effect than previous ones. After 100 Turns, or just over 8 real-life days, all of the radiation from a single nuclear detonation will have dissipated and no longer have an effect.

The current rads in NA are: 855.36 rads

So then 855.36 X 8 gives us the amount of days it will take rads to hit zero. That number comes to: 6,842.88 "real-life days"

Finally, we will divide that 6,842.88 by 365 to get years, that comes out to: 18.75 years of real world time.

again can someone double check this, as this cannot be right -_-

navyship.png

Frostsword is love. Frostsword is life.

Now, i know i may be a snowman, but can someone double check my number here?(it is almost 4 in the morning for me):

I ran the math on how long it would take the radiation in North America to go back to zero.

The current rads in NA are: 855.36 rads

So then 855.36 X 8 gives us the amount of days it will take rads to hit zero. That number comes to: 6,842.88 "real-life days"

Finally, we will divide that 6,842.88 by 365 to get years, that comes out to: 18.75 years of real world time.

If I set up, 100 Lord Frostwind Snowmen each at a temperature hot enough to melt a snowman in 50 days. By your logic it'd take 5000 days for all the snowmen to melt. 

<_<

I've had a lot of complaints in messages about this mechanic, and I've addressed them all the same way:

You all (collectively) get to figure out how to deal with this problem. You can write up nuclear restriction deals, or whatever you want, but I'm not going to swoop in and save the day here, because really the worst that will happen is that food just gets expensive. I don't think we'll get anywhere near the point where there's actually not enough food left in the game.

Also, a tip to pay attention to the Facebook page - I posted on there an "insider tip" to buy food like a week ago ;)

Generally if you make something harder to get, people will &#33;@#&#036; about it. :P 

I ran the math on how long it would take the radiation in North America to go back to zero.

The current rads in NA are: 855.36 rads

So then 855.36 X 8 gives us the amount of days it will take rads to hit zero. That number comes to: 6,842.88 "real-life days"

Finally, we will divide that 6,842.88 by 365 to get years, that comes out to: 18.75 years of real world time.

That's not right, because it doesn't wait for the last nuke to go before it starts removing the radiation from the next one. They all happen simultaneously

• Upvote 1
T7Vrilp.png

Welcome to North America, where you're better off just demolishing your farms and replacing them with other improvements. I mean, NO ONE CAN GROW FOOD THERE. At least I'm in Asia.

This now also applies to Europe and soon to be Africa.

Both Europe and Africa now.

Edited by Etgfrog

Challenge met! Maybe Australia is just getting around to eating the last of the kangaroo, but North America grilled it's final (glowing) Bald Eagle a while ago...and it will only get worse from here. Guess what the new Most Valuable Resource is now???

North America Radiation Index

Food Production: -100.00%

South America Radiation Index

Food Production: -97.50%

Europe Radiation Index

Asia Radiation Index

Food Production: -95.00%

Africa Radiation Index

Australia Radiation Index

Food Production: -86.77%

Edited by RADtx

Global Nuclear Radiation Index 622.87
North America Radiation Index

South America Radiation Index

Food Production: -97.74%

Europe Radiation Index

Asia Radiation Index

Food Production: -95.25%

Africa Radiation Index

Australia Radiation Index

Food Production: -86.58%

Nuclear Weapons Detonated in Last 24 Hours 250

Australia went down by a small bit. Everything else is doomed.

I have 13 cities each with 8 farms which i believe is 104 farms total and i am almost losing 4k food a day, according to my rev page that number is over 3.5k hehehe

Correction: i got nuked for like the fourth time so my food production is at -3,500 exactly

Edited by Dark Specter

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

I've had a lot of complaints in messages about this mechanic, and I've addressed them all the same way:

You all (collectively) get to figure out how to deal with this problem. You can write up nuclear restriction deals, or whatever you want, but I'm not going to swoop in and save the day here, because really the worst that will happen is that food just gets expensive. I don't think we'll get anywhere near the point where there's actually not enough food left in the game.

Also, a tip to pay attention to the Facebook page - I posted on there an "insider tip" to buy food like a week ago ;)

First you say "It's unrealistic that it will reach 100%", then you say "well shiiit but it's still fine just figure a way around it"

If you didn't think it would be realistic for it to hit 100% so easily, then that implies you didn't intend it to, in which case, maybe you should try nerfing it.

Or completely ignore criticism.

EDIT: Oh and also, &#33;@#&#036; facebook.

Edited by Sketchy
  • Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

• Wiki Mod

>Sheepy makes 'minor' change

>Global food production has now been reduced by 95%

Also pro tip, try informing your community of up coming changes somewhere we will actually see it.Also weren't you just &#33;@#&#036;ing about how you can't inform of changes ahead of time because it gives some people an unfair advantage?

• Upvote 4

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

So Alex (intentionally or not, i don't know)  pretty much deleted food production while still having nations need food. Interesting, the effects of current hunger-games on Orbis are showing already on the markets and future effects will be interesting too, probably more crippling treaties, less wars, shorter wars, food getting stockpiled as other war-materials are now.

• Upvote 1

So Alex (intentionally or not, i don't know)  pretty much deleted food production while still having nations need food. Interesting, the effects of current hunger-games on Orbis are showing already on the markets and future effects will be interesting too, probably more crippling treaties, less wars, shorter wars, food getting stockpiled as other war-materials are now.

Probably won't have much effect on war length, tbh.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Look, if you want us all to sit down together and decide as a group not to use nukes, that's not gonna happen. If you're going to implement a feature that wants us to stop using nukes, well then take nukes out of the game instead of hitting us with this bullshit mechanic.

This mechanic will drive new nations out the game, because when they are unable to purchase or make food, they're going to leave the game.

Also, I don't want a game that mirrors real life, I want a game that makes sense and that is fun. I don't give two shits about how real a video game is.

• Upvote 1

Look, if you want us all to sit down together and decide as a group not to use nukes, that's not gonna happen. If you're going to implement a feature that wants us to stop using nukes, well then take nukes out of the game instead of hitting us with this bullshit mechanic.

This mechanic will drive new nations out the game, because when they are unable to purchase or make food, they're going to leave the game.

Also, I don't want a game that mirrors real life, I want a game that makes sense and that is fun. I don't give two shits about how real a video game is.

You're already butthurt. When more people became butthurt in power, they'll do stuff about it.

It's working exactly as he intended. Sadly some very bad people want to defame subtle Sheepy's changes, but subtle Sheepy's changes are working as intended. 

Sounds like the responsible players and their alliances need to try to negotiate and then enforce an Orbis-wide "Nuclear Code of Conduct". Something that recognizes the game-mechanics as they are. (Because it's obvious the guy that kid-napped Sheepy for kinky-times doesn't care. You can just tell he's giddy with the chaos.)

Something like (just an idea, dont get mad at me. I've eaten enough uranium-cake lately to last me a long while.)—

[]- Nukes exist.

[]- Nukes kill pixels and food. (Everyone's food, not just your enemy's.)

[]- Use of nukes is prohibited, except as a last resort weapon (when conventional means are completed exhausted or ineffective to achieve victory or peace as a defending nation).

[]- First use of nukes by an aggresor in any particular war is prohibited in all circumstances. (If you attack someone, you cant be the one to launch first.)

[]- The number of nukes that you may possess at any one time may not exceed the number of cities in your nation.

[]- It is prohibited to directly assist another nation to acquire nuclear weapons by means of grants of cash or materials, the granting of which is explicitly intended for the construction of a Nuclear Research Facility or nuclear weapons. This is not a prohibition against normal trade in any cash or goods, which may be associated with the construction of a Nuclear Research Facility or nuclear weapons.

[]- It is prohibited from trading with nations or alliances that do directly assist another nation to acquire nuclear weapons by means of grants of cash or materials, the granting of which is explicitly intended for the construction of a Nuclear Research Facility or nuclear weapons.

[]- It is prohibited from engaging in nuclear blackmail or terrorism (threatening the use of nukes in exchange for cash, resources, and/or services), or nuclear madness (threatening or actually launching nukes indiscriminately).

[]- Alliances are responsible for the nuclear activities of their members, and for promoting the use of responsible nuclear use procotols by those members.

[]- Violation of the Orbis-wide Nuclear Code of Conduct shall result in sanctions ranging from diplomatic isolation up to war.

Edited by Tyro Leif

ScientificHumanism.png

I just want to say, the original plan was to cap it at 25% or 50% max radiation malus. Meaning at worst you'd lose 70% of your food, which is way better than 100% imho.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Alex locked this topic