Realy? The middle of a war to finally update the nuke radiation?

Ayayay

Why's everyone giving sheepy a hard time? This is something we wanted for awhile and nothing is broken. I think we should be a little more appreciative.

Thanks sheepy.

I never wanted this crap. Speak for yourself. I've been here since day one and this is the first time I've ever heard of it.

Think about how this effects newer nations. They'll be in the hole in regards to food from the start. It makes NO SENSE AT ALL! It's an awful change. For us larger nations we have to buy more land or re-evaluate our resources because someone suggested this. 

Edited by Livius Clades
  • Upvote 1

Fire is nice eh?

I like the change, good work Sheeps.  Tho i think you may be underestimating how easy it is to get to 167 nuke hits.

Yes, assuming that the nukes are equidistributed over all continents, each nuke would add 1.8 rads (1 + 5/6). It would take 555 nukes to zero out global food production in one day. If it takes eight days for nukes to evaporate, then (adding sum of arithmetic series) (1 + .125)*2= 2.25. Therefore 2.25 * 555 = 1248 nukes for 8 days, or 1248 / 8 = 156 nukes per day.

We are currently at 100 nukes per day, so we should expect food to eventually drop to -66% for most of the world.

Too bad there is no way for alliances to detect nuclear use by other alliances. Or enforce nuclear disarmament.

• Upvote 1

So are players consuming food to operate farms?

That's what my !@#$ing revanue page is saying. Will have to wait to see what happens on turn change to food stockpile. Praying its a display error.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

I've had a lot of complaints in messages about this mechanic, and I've addressed them all the same way:

You all (collectively) get to figure out how to deal with this problem. You can write up nuclear restriction deals, or whatever you want, but I'm not going to swoop in and save the day here, because really the worst that will happen is that food just gets expensive. I don't think we'll get anywhere near the point where there's actually not enough food left in the game.

Also, a tip to pay attention to the Facebook page - I posted on there an "insider tip" to buy food like a week ago ;)

• Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

But per turn more nukes are launched than points are brought down so it just keeps going up

But you can only build one per day.  So after you shoot your wad it is just a slow drip.

Per my post here:

If Fraggle were to launch one nuke every day for the rest of forever, radiation would be kept steady at a level fluctuating between 3.77 R and 4.79 R globally, or up to 28.74 R on a continent if she only ever targets one.

Once stockpiles have been depleted, one nation nuking once per day causes radiation to stay steady at an average of 4.28 R, or 25.68 R on one continent. Having 6 people detonate nukes every day, 1 on each continent, would keep total radiation at an average of 47.08 R on every continent. It would take 128 nations working together to completely wipe out food production forever.

RollSheepy.png

I've had a lot of complaints in messages about this mechanic, and I've addressed them all the same way:

You all (collectively) get to figure out how to deal with this problem. You can write up nuclear restriction deals, or whatever you want, but I'm not going to swoop in and save the day here, because really the worst that will happen is that food just gets expensive. I don't think we'll get anywhere near the point where there's actually not enough food left in the game.

Also, a tip to pay attention to the Facebook page - I posted on there an "insider tip" to buy food like a week ago ;)

I like it. Makes food more valuable.

It would take 128 nations working together to completely wipe out food production forever.

Sounds like a job for...... BK! We just need to come up with 5 billion to buy everyone NRFs.

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

North America is already at -67.88% lol.

If you followed the Facebook page, I did throw out an insider tip a bit before I pushed the update live :P But this doesn't seem relevant to the fact that it was an update pushed live during a war. Also, I like to not announce updates like this beforehand, as it gives some folks (but not all) a chance to prepare - I'd rather not give anyone an upper hand by being privy to when updates are going to be released.

That's not realistic. To not be able to make Food, you'd need radiation levels of 1000R. Which would be, at a minimum, 167 Nuclear Weapons, all hitting the same continent, at the same time (as Radiation immediately starts dissipating) and that would at most last 8 and 1/3 days.

Is it? I haven't played (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) in probably 7 or 8 years. AFAIK they don't even have "Food", just the "tradeable" resources which aren't consumable.

It's just a global dynamic mechanic. Allows for war profiteering of food, and more manipulation economically of the food market. Nuclear fallout now adds real shocks to the food market which throw supply & demand off of the usual balance.

Welcome to North America, where you're better off just demolishing your farms and replacing them with other improvements. I mean, NO ONE CAN GROW FOOD THERE. At least I'm in Asia.

• Alex locked this topic