Realy? The middle of a war to finally update the nuke radiation?

Ayayay

Okay, I get it, its a great idea. It was even a great idea three years ago when I(and numerous others over the years) suggested it. But the middle of a war? Really? Couldn't you wait until after the peace treaty like you normally do?

• Upvote 5

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

I'm sure that you read the Changelog update, as well as the Radiation page which explains in detail how this all works, and so you know that launching a nuclear weapon would only decrease food production for your nation by 0.1% and 0.6% for your opponent (unless you're nuking a nation on the same continent as you, in which case your food production would be reduced by 0.6% as well.) And that's just for the first turn. By the next turn, that effect will only be 0.099%/0.594%. And it continues to decrease from there.

This is such a minor update that I judged it not relevant whether there was an ongoing war or not. Food is abundant and cheap.

EDIT: Plus, you've got a neat counter now that shows you how many nukes have been launched in the last 24 hours. That's not as fun when the world is at peace.

• Upvote 6

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

It's not the impact of the change as intended. Its just that you have a tendency to break other parts of the game that often cause time travel and turn points from accruing. 

It would just be best to let us fight with the mechanics guaranteed to work, and then you can tweak things after the war is over. 

• Upvote 5

• Administrators

It's not the impact of the change as intended. Its just that you have a tendency to break other parts of the game that often cause time travel and turn points from accruing. 

It would just be best to let us fight with the mechanics guaranteed to work, and then you can tweak things after the war is over. 

I haven't broken anything - the game is fine. The change was tested on the other server before being pushed live.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I haven't broken anything - the game is fine. The change was tested on the other server before being pushed live.

My problem is I lost all my food cause people immediately went to buy it so I had to rebuy food at 20 more ppu per unit 

Edited by Malal

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

is this a nuke buff? food debuff?

either way i'm confused on why exactly it was added. cool nuke counter though

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

Because it's a feature in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) and everything about PNWoo should be exactly like (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways).

• Upvote 1
RollSheepy.png

Because it's a feature in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) and everything about PNWoo should be exactly like (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways).

Please dont do that!

PS: I know this is sarcasm.

34q946o.gif

☾☆

Priest of Dio

• Administrators

My problem is I lost all my food cause people immediately went to buy it so I had to rebuy food at 20 more ppu per unit 

If you followed the Facebook page, I did throw out an insider tip a bit before I pushed the update live :P But this doesn't seem relevant to the fact that it was an update pushed live during a war. Also, I like to not announce updates like this beforehand, as it gives some folks (but not all) a chance to prepare - I'd rather not give anyone an upper hand by being privy to when updates are going to be released.

Great. In literally one month, no one will be able to make any food because of the nukes used, so time to stockpile food.

That's not realistic. To not be able to make Food, you'd need radiation levels of 1000R. Which would be, at a minimum, 167 Nuclear Weapons, all hitting the same continent, at the same time (as Radiation immediately starts dissipating) and that would at most last 8 and 1/3 days.

Is it? I haven't played (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) in probably 7 or 8 years. AFAIK they don't even have "Food", just the "tradeable" resources which aren't consumable.

It's just a global dynamic mechanic. Allows for war profiteering of food, and more manipulation economically of the food market. Nuclear fallout now adds real shocks to the food market which throw supply & demand off of the usual balance.

• Upvote 2

Forums Rules | Game Link

That's not realistic. To not be able to make Food, you'd need radiation levels of 1000R. Which would be, at a minimum, 167 Nuclear Weapons, all hitting the same continent, at the same time (as Radiation immediately starts dissipating) and that would at most last 8 and 1/3 days.

Challenge accepted, xdxd.

• Upvote 3
77oKn5K.png

• Administrators

Challenge accepted, xdxd.

I'm sure you could make a hell of a profit if you bought up all the food then ensured that hundreds of nukes were launched for the next couple of weeks.  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'm sure that you read the Changelog update, as well as the Radiation page which explains in detail how this all works, and so you know that launching a nuclear weapon would only decrease food production for your nation by 0.1% and 0.6% for your opponent (unless you're nuking a nation on the same continent as you, in which case your food production would be reduced by 0.6% as well.) And that's just for the first turn. By the next turn, that effect will only be 0.099%/0.594%. And it continues to decrease from there.

This is such a minor update that I judged it not relevant whether there was an ongoing war or not. Food is abundant and cheap.

EDIT: Plus, you've got a neat counter now that shows you how many nukes have been launched in the last 24 hours. That's not as fun when the world is at peace.

It'd be really fun if destroying a nuclear plant during a war would add to the radiation.

• Upvote 3

Terrible timing Sheeps; why didn't you implement this before i went nuclear rogue in PW. This would of been perfect for my retirement last month.

• Upvote 1

• Alex locked this topic