Suggestion on nerfing Aircraft

Boony

This war shows an imbalance in the combat system. Tanks and soldiers can be targeted by other ground forces and planes, ships can be targeted by ships and planes, but only planes can target other planes. Kudos to tS for successfully exploiting it, but looking ahead, I think that planes need to be made a bit more vulnerable. Maybe ships could target planes? Or missiles could be used to target specific military improvement types? Many have ditched missiles for better projects, so that would make them more valuable. Ideally, a well-rounded military should be the most effective in a war. Each unit should have weaknesses that are covered by other unit types.

• Upvote 1

Ground control does, in effect, target planes Ren.

No, he's saying you can only destroy planes with planes. You can't destroy planes with anything other than planes and spy ops. Which is why I like Boony's idea. Maybe not to that extent however.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

No, he's saying you can only destroy planes with planes. You can't destroy planes with anything other than planes and spy ops. Which is why I like Boony's idea. Maybe not to that extent however.

I know, that is why I added the "in effect".  There is a conventional/spy non-plane answer to planes is my point.

Anyway, I am happy with Boony's idea as well.  50 seems reasonable enough - I would rather it scaled based on city count tbh.  50 makes sense around 12ish cities, its too OP for 6 cities, and will be irrelevant when we all have 20 cities.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

I posted this in another thread, but we should have anti-air units that will target planes on every air raids. The number of anti-air units should be determined by the number of defending troops, tanks, ship, and size of population. Then, during an airstrike, two anti-air units will act as one plane, and will try to shoot down planes. This means planes no longer attack armies and navies unopposed.

Attempting to contact Kerbin since 1983 (in-game)...

Hey, have anyone seen those fireworks? What do you mean, Jeb had them strapped to SRBs?

Discord: Ray3501#0305. I frequent the SK Network discord (duh).

I posted this in another thread, but we should have anti-air units that will target planes on every air raids. The number of anti-air units should be determined by the number of defending troops, tanks, ship, and size of population. Then, during an airstrike, two anti-air units will act as one plane, and will try to shoot down planes. This means planes no longer attack armies and navies unopposed.

I personally prefer small nerfs and buffs because I believe it leads to a more balanced game.

This leads me to my second small suggestion on nerfing aircraft. For some reason, no matter what you target with aircraft you still destroy infra. Make it so you only destroy what you target. I've seen people destroy 100 infra while targeting something else.

6XmKiC2.png

Now that I disagree with Boony. I see planes killing infra when attacking tanks, or whatever, not as planes being OP but a slight adjustment to the already OP "build tall" mega strategy.

If anything given how OP that strat is and how expensive plane strikes are they should kill MORE infra per hit.

And @kerbollo: no. Just no.

Edited by LordRahl2

Now that I disagree with Boony. I see planes killing infra when attacking tanks, or whatever, not as planes being OP but a slight adjustment to the already OP "build tall" mega strategy.

If anything given how OP that strat is and how expensive plane strikes are they should kill MORE infra per hit.

And @kerbollo: no. Just no.

I don't think the build tall strategy is OP (at least until Sheepy makes his horrific changes). Anyone building tall can be devastated by nukes financially (see NK and Sebas).

6XmKiC2.png

The wars for those people are super few and far between. The ROI for a year between wars, the GPA average, is so riciculous high its not even funny.

So yeah, the build tall strat is way OP.

Planes killing a bit of infra is fine.

Edit: fixed double post

Edited by LordRahl2

Build tall cities have coal mines, and other raw material improvements, since the ROI of farm improvements are so low.

With due deference, you have no oil wells, no bauxite mines, no lead mines, and no farms.

To maintain your military without build tall... you'd need less military improvements.