A Game of Thorns

Valdoroth

So you imply that if tS were to lose a battle you're gonna jump ship, and go and join the next alliance that's doing pretty well. I really don't think that many alliances would appreciate you jumping around just to preserve pixels my friends. Some alliances are willing to try and get some fun competition going, so we don't end up with the game stagnating into a huge hegemoney. Obviously that version of events suits you nicely though, as it preserves your pixels well enough.

Actually, it was just a cheeky way to say that tS wasn't sure if SK would continue to drift away from tS-sphere or not, so they kept them close rather than hatching their relationship unneccesarily.

• Upvote 1

So you imply that if tS were to lose a battle you're gonna jump ship, and go and join the next alliance that's doing pretty well. I really don't think that many alliances would appreciate you jumping around just to preserve pixels my friends. Some alliances are willing to try and get some fun competition going, so we don't end up with the game stagnating into a huge hegemoney. Obviously that version of events suits you nicely though, as it preserves your pixels well enough.

I'm pretty sure like 80% of tS are only here until we lose a war.

Also @Keezgo at least on tS side, a lot of people didn't want to drop SK because they've been our friends for a while. It would feel disrespectful to drop them.

6XmKiC2.png

I'm pretty sure like 80% of tS are only here until we lose a war.

Also @Keezgo at least on tS side, a lot of people didn't want to drop SK because they've been our friends for a while. It would feel disrespectful to drop them.

Yeeeee down to get rolled, but not down to lose.

Lxr4VfE.png

I'll take credit for this since I'm a diplomat at your forums :D

Even though I haven't posted in like a month

• Upvote 1

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

It is also rather amusing that you guys have all these issues only after they decided to cancel on you. Which leads me to ask, if you disliked what they were doing why did you bother keeping them? You had ample time to let them go on reasonable grounds.

We did not know what Gandalf was doing. You may assume that a MDP parther would talk to their allies before performing a move like this. I assumed that too. But Gandalf did all this on our back.

The differences among t$ and SK over the leaking incident were well know to them and discussed. But they chose a new path. I respect that. I'm glad that Gandalf the Leaker is no longer our problem. Now it's yours. Good luck with it.

Edited by Ivan the Red

It is also rather amusing that you guys have all these issues only after they decided to cancel on you. Which leads me to ask, if you disliked what they were doing why did you bother keeping them? You had ample time to let them go on reasonable grounds.

What makes you think these issues were only raised after SK informed us of their decision? We certainly let our displeasure at certain of their actions be known. I think you've got the situation in reverse here, honestly. tS had an issue with some things SK did, SK was made aware. SK had a plan (for months now) to drop tS and Mensa in order to veer off and try to form a new sphere, but said nothing until they gave notice of the cancellation of their treaties.

On our side, we actually spoke to our ally when they did things that we didn't like. We didn't just drop them because, hey, maybe our allies are more than just meat shields to us. So SK knew what the issue was, and had a pretty good idea of how to resolve the situation(s). For their part, they actively planned to ditch their allies in favour of trying to gain a better set (the original plan was NPO and Alpha, but I guess that was changed after those two proved untenable in this war), didn't talk to their allies, and then tried to claim that it was some recent decision.

The truth is, SK's been trying to dump its allies in order to build its own sphere for a long time, and the only reason this didn't happen sooner is because they couldn't figure out who to go with, or how to get the ties. This I know, because it was the same damned plan when I was SK gov. Only thing that I can see that's changed is they've shifted from their NPO-Alpha focus to a Rose focus. Same plan, still lied, still being shitty allies.

dUkp0bT.gif

Good luck with this.

We'd had a lot of discussion with them that you weren't privy to. There was a lot of patience involved, and given how this was done (not THAT it was done, but how) the outcome is fine with me.

Your point about wanting less treaties is in a forum for a treaty you signed. :P 

Anyways. Pity to see you've taken your tantrum from our forum onto the world boards. Query me anytime if you want: I don't plan to indulge you past this message.

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

Even if you want to change spheres, there's a way of doing that without leaking information to the opposite side, let alone have the MoFA remain in his chair after doing so.

I'm not sure you got this... the leak happened long ago before SK was even considering changing spheres.

Also, lol at all Syndicate members shit talking at ex ally, seems like it is becoming part of their tradition. So when are you rolling SK for dumping you?

• Upvote 2

What makes you think these issues were only raised after SK informed us of their decision? We certainly let our displeasure at certain of their actions be known. I think you've got the situation in reverse here, honestly. tS had an issue with some things SK did, SK was made aware. SK had a plan (for months now) to drop tS and Mensa in order to veer off and try to form a new sphere, but said nothing until they gave notice of the cancellation of their treaties.

On our side, we actually spoke to our ally when they did things that we didn't like. We didn't just drop them because, hey, maybe our allies are more than just meat shields to us. So SK knew what the issue was, and had a pretty good idea of how to resolve the situation(s). For their part, they actively planned to ditch their allies in favour of trying to gain a better set (the original plan was NPO and Alpha, but I guess that was changed after those two proved untenable in this war), didn't talk to their allies, and then tried to claim that it was some recent decision.

The truth is, SK's been trying to dump its allies in order to build its own sphere for a long time, and the only reason this didn't happen sooner is because they couldn't figure out who to go with, or how to get the ties. This I know, because it was the same damned plan when I was SK gov. Only thing that I can see that's changed is they've shifted from their NPO-Alpha focus to a Rose focus. Same plan, still lied, still being shitty allies.

So you tried working it out, that basically failed. You then knew for months that they were trying to ditch you and held onto them anyway.

How am I wrong exactly? You held onto useless paper for what reason?

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Good luck with this.

We'd had a lot of discussion with them that you weren't privy to. There was a lot of patience involved, and given how this was done (not THAT it was done, but how) the outcome is fine with me.

Your point about wanting less treaties is in a forum for a treaty you signed. :P

Anyways. Pity to see you've taken your tantrum from our forum onto the world boards. Query me anytime if you want: I don't plan to indulge you past this message.

Tantrum?

This has nothing remotely to do with that incident and I would hardly call asking questions a tantrum. You guys after all don't seem to have a coherent story as to whether you actually liked or disliked your now former ally.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

I'm sure you know this better than anything else, dirty laundry isn't usually aired unless something like this pops up, especially given SK's long and close relationships with Mensa, et al. I imagine Mensa remembers the time they burned for SK and vice versa-- past comradery like that doesn't go quietly into the night.  

Though looking at this from a game meta PoV, nice move leveraging SK's sense of alienation to flip them into your corner. You definitely live up to your savvy reputation Keegoz  :D

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

I'm sure you know this better than anything else, dirty laundry isn't usually aired unless something like this pops up, especially given SK's long and close relationships with Mensa, et al. I imagine Mensa remembers the time they burned for SK and vice versa-- past comradery like that doesn't go quietly into the night.  

Though looking at this from a game meta PoV, nice move leveraging SK's sense of alienation to flip them into your corner. You definitely live up to your savvy reputation Keegoz  :D

I more have a dislike for this happening months ago, it still seemingly was a present issue and they hung onto them anyway. Not so much as them airing the dirty laundry.

Anyway cheers for the compliment :)

So you tried working it out, that basically failed. You then knew for months that they were trying to ditch you and held onto them anyway.

To see if they wanted to keep winning or wants to know how it feels like to be a smoldering crater again.

Always give benefit of the doubt to AAs that helped bring the Ws home.

Tantrum?

This has nothing remotely to do with that incident and I would hardly call asking questions a tantrum. You guys after all don't seem to have a coherent story as to whether you actually liked or disliked your now former ally.

I was asking questions as well, but I'm not the one to pull out cuz a few questions would make me look bad lel. We do have a coherent story. They !@#$ed up, they were told they !@#$ed up, waited for them to choose what to do after !@#$ up, they chose, they live with results. Other people used different words to say the same thing though.

Edit: We !@#$in love the guys, we didn't love their !@#$ ups tho. Since you can't read: Because we loved them, you let them do their thang since they helped destroy the living !@#$ out of your enemies.

Personally, I'm happy to see this happen. We were the first to do what you did, and we made it. Now, we can't wait to annihilate this "Third Sphere" and force you all to team up again and git gud.

Edited by Jacob Moore
  • Upvote 1
Lxr4VfE.png

Because members, like myself, actively advocated for giving SK a chance, even after the leak.

Others advocated to drop them immediately after the last war ended and they barely made it past our FA reviews tbh but we chalked it up to their new government being inexperienced without CodyK, Tenages, Sabriel, and pretty much anyone who had any real chops and wanted to see how they would develop over time.

Turns out they developed away from us.

That's fine, but it's hard to maintain good will when good faith in our relationship was spit on with no warning.

And I'm even willing to look past that because I know SK has always wanted to lead their own sphere and make the big plays since I was a member back in the day.

That's also why I'm more miffed about them dropping Mensa than tS. The Syndicate and SK treaty was signed at a time that mutually benefited both parties, SK having been abandoned by everyone of their classic allies. But where was Mensa? Right there for it all from the beginning.

Really smacks of indignation to me.

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Question Time! 

Is tS ramping up tentions to roll the newly formed 3rd sphere before it can get established? or just talking shit cause we are all bored af right now?

(I hope you dont crush them yet, cause i like whats happening now)

• Upvote 3

Ole2.png

Question Time! 

Is tS ramping up tentions to roll the newly formed 3rd sphere before it can get established? or just talking shit cause we are all bored af right now?

I bite all bait, and make sure to have the courtesy of setting up the bait again so that all shitposters may have their fill to eat.

Also, you gotta flex when you have the power man. You don't know when you'll lose it :P

Look at UPN and co. they didn't get to flex and show off ALL muscles before getting rekt.

Edited by Jacob Moore
Lxr4VfE.png

What?! That shit is fire bruh

this is the most important post in this thread!!!!!! frank ocean'd album is 2 good

also sk blows and we should have dropped them (and beat them up) ages ago. we won't forget ur betrayal, punkdalf.

Question Time!

ole! half of us wanted to drop the sk treaty when they leaked & we're excited we get 2 talk about it now. because sk is the worst.

Edited by Katie

dx8jLp8.gif

Question Time!

Meh. Everyone should know by now that one can't even slightly misrepresent past events without a hord of Syndicate members jumping online to set the record straight. :P

We don't wish them any harm, but we aren't going to let them be indignant, and then try and play it off like we were infringing on their sovereignty and that's why they are joining defacto Paragon when maintaining our sovereignty is exactly what caused us to break away from Paragon (and sign them, ironically).

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

pending edit.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

:ph34r:

Practically every interaction I've had with SK ever since joining this game a century ago has been pretty great (even Tenages :lol:), so this is certainly a great sight to come back to!

• Upvote 3
xzhPlEh.png?1

Sooooooooooooooo... You first demand to know why we only raised issues now. When we point out that we've raised issues before and were giving SK a chance to work through them, you then demand to know why we didn't just drop them because I, a former SK member, was aware of plans they'd had before I left? Is that how Rose rolls? "You did one thing I don't like, and a former member reported it to me, !@#$ you you're gone no effort made to salvage the relationship nyah nyah!"

Yes, seeing their move now, we can confirm that they followed through with the same plan that had been discussed before I left. But once I was gone, there was every chance that, seeing the political situation shift, they could have acted as rational political actors and shifted gears. They could have acted as decent allies and listened to the concerns of their partners. I see no reason that tS (or any AA for that matter) would be obligated to simply burn a bridge just because an ally had a poorly considered idea.

But, please, continue to shift the goal posts. Let's see how far you can take it.

dUkp0bT.gif