A Game of Thorns

Valdoroth

That's where you're wrong. We did, but less on an international side. He was barred from ALL FA relations for SK for 2 months, and restricted from talking to tS or Mensa about anything FA related. While that may seem light, the reality of the situation is that the war that was going to happen occurred earlier, AND it was minimized a lot without unnecessarily escalating it. If you're going to be salty about something that happened 5 months ago, was dealt with between leaders, and only now complain about it, you're a little late.

Yea, no Val. I like you guys but you know it wasn't enough. The fact that a handful of us resigned over how that was handled, and the next few decisions, should attest to that.

4DKO1Df450x175_zps30h9x0af.png

Yea, no Val. I like you guys but you know it wasn't enough. The fact that a handful of us resigned over how that was handled, and the next few decisions, should attest to that.

It's almost like they have a habit of making piss poor decisions and losing longstanding members over them, and then trying to ignore/downplay those decisions later. :P

• Upvote 1
dUkp0bT.gif

I'm not completely in the know.  I just know leaks happened from Gandalf.  Wasn't aware people left Seven Kingdoms due to how it was handled though.

So from what I gathering here is that Gandalf alone helped destroy trust that Seven Kingdoms developed through battle and cooperation, as well as made some well known members leave due to how it was handled afterwards, and he still remained head of FA for Seven Kingdoms despite having his chat privileges removed from the previous MDP treatied alliances?

• Downvote 1

and he still remained head of FA for Seven Kingdoms despite having his chat privileges removed from the previous MDP treatied alliances?

Addressing this bit:

I left my fate up to the membership of SK. Everyone was polled, and the options were for me to: 1) Have no punishment, 2) Go on suspension, but remain the MoFA, or 3) Resign. The members voted overwhelmingly in favor of me staying on board as the MoFA. SK is an autonomous alliance, and we will do as we, and our membership, see fit. We will not buckle under the peer pressure of an outside alliance. Even this move to change spheres was heavily supported by our membership. 

• Upvote 3

Hullo

Addressing this bit:

I left my fate up to the membership of SK. Everyone was polled, and the options were for me to: 1) Have no punishment, 2) Go on suspension, but remain the MoFA, or 3) Resign. The members voted overwhelmingly in favor of me staying on board as the MoFA. SK is an autonomous alliance, and we will do as we, and our membership, see fit. We will not buckle under the peer pressure of an outside alliance. Even this move to change spheres was heavily supported by our membership.

I don't believe there was ever a poll.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

that might change if we gas up the steamrollers

Even this move to change spheres was heavily supported by our membership. 
Edited by Harrison Richardson

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."

I don't believe there was ever a poll.

You were in SK for like 4 days, long after this happened. As someone who tentatively voted to have Gandalf step down, I can confirm that there was indeed a poll, and almost nobody voted for Gandalf to step down. The majority was for him to remain but with a suspension.

Edited by Mikey

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

Addressing this bit:

That is amazing.  No, really, that's a fantastic reputation you have if you were able to hold onto your position after all that.

• Downvote 1

That moment when tons of treaty shit happens but everyone is salty about something else. o/ distractions

Also, I'm not sure if this treaty is valid, I was able to make out several dozen words.

We're pretty cool with Rose now, mostly.  I'm sure there's some voices, but overall they've been pretty chill.  They seem to be more involved with chatting us up moreso than most alliances lately ( <3 durmij ), and some members play with our community on occasion.

If there's a rivalry still, it's more on friendly terms than bitter ones.

Buorhann is best hippo and best friend.

Also, the Mensa/Rose rivalry was mostly Pfieffer/Pub. Once they finally gave in to their true feelings and !@#$ed (also we got new leaders), shit started getting better immediately.

• Upvote 4

Addressing this bit:

That's cool and all. I respect your autonomy. You're making it seems like you were under extremely heavy pressure by us now. That's laughably incorrect.

When it happened we were pissed and definitely made sure that you lads knew this. But we left your internals up to you.

Edited by Partisan

os9LcJK.gif

Just to shift back onto the actual topic, I have seen a few "Shouldn't have cancelled X alliance because Y". The way Rose is currently rolling, we want less treaties in this world and without them cancelling some they likely wouldn't have gained our support.

I don't really consider us a sphere so much as a group of alliances now executing the same principal.

• Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Addressing this bit:

Just to shift back onto the actual topic, I have seen a few "Shouldn't have cancelled X alliance because Y". The way Rose is currently rolling, we want less treaties in this world and without them cancelling some they likely wouldn't have gained our support.

I don't really consider us a sphere so much as a group of alliances now executing the same principal.

Nice to know who wears the pants in this new relationship.

Edited by Ivan the Red

Addressing this bit:

I love how you paint the picture of SK being autonomous rather than backstabbing.

This really isn't about outside pressure, but the fact that you betrayed the trust of your allies through leaking sensitive information and kept your position. Any alliance that respects itself and values itself as trustworthy would not have this happen - the fact that the general members of SK voted overwhelmingly for you to stay either means SK lacks competent replacements or your alliance is filled with untrustworthy members. 

Even if you want to change spheres, there's a way of doing that without leaking information to the opposite side, let alone have the MoFA remain in his chair after doing so. 

• Upvote 1

Nice to know who wears the pants in this new relationship.

I never told SK to cancel treaties, it is a well known stand point for me and now Rose that we want less treaties.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

It is also rather amusing that you guys have all these issues only after they decided to cancel on you. Which leads me to ask, if you disliked what they were doing why did you bother keeping them? You had ample time to let them go on reasonable grounds.

• Upvote 1

It is also rather amusing that you guys have all these issues only after they decided to cancel on you. Which leads me to ask, if you disliked what they were doing why did you bother keeping them? You had ample time to let them go on reasonable grounds.

To see if they wanted to keep winning or wants to know how it feels like to be a smoldering crater again.

Always give benefit of the doubt to AAs that helped bring the Ws home.

Edited by Eumirbago
Lxr4VfE.png

To see if they wanted to keep winning or wants to know how it feels like to be a smoldering crater again.

In that case should we all sign tS now? I'm sure the game will be really fun to beat up all the micros and GPA repeatedly.

• Upvote 2

In that case should we all sign tS now? I'm sure the game will be really fun to beat up all the micros and GPA repeatedly.

Sure, but gotta convince Manny tho. I mean, we had a lot of fun beating up gigantic AAs that just roll over and die. Lel

Edited by Eumirbago
  • Upvote 2
Lxr4VfE.png

Props to you SK for shifting the tectonic plates. Two complete separate spheres and a third forming on the side.

This has been a good day for Orbis.

• Upvote 1

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

So you imply that if tS were to lose a battle you're gonna jump ship, and go and join the next alliance that's doing pretty well. I really don't think that many alliances would appreciate you jumping around just to preserve pixels my friends. Some alliances are willing to try and get some fun competition going, so we don't end up with the game stagnating into a huge hegemoney. Obviously that version of events suits you nicely though, as it preserves your pixels well enough.

• Upvote 1

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

So you imply that if tS were to lose a battle you're gonna jump ship, and go and join the next alliance that's doing pretty well. I really don't think that many alliances would appreciate you jumping around just to preserve pixels my friends. Some alliances are willing to try and get some fun competition going, so we don't end up with the game stagnating into a huge hegemoney. Obviously that version of events suits you nicely though, as it preserves your pixels well enough.

Yes, I joined The $yndicate to preserve my pixels. Shit, I've been jumping around since my first alliance, The $yndicate, lost their first war.

Edited by Eumirbago
  • Upvote 4
Lxr4VfE.png