What do you want to do when you grow up?

Sailor Jerry

90% of the people who posted did not say what they wanted to do, but what they did. I enjoy reading your life stories.

I did, but the topic was more aimed at younger players. So I shared my thoughts as to what I wanted to be as I grew up.

I like the topic. It's interesting to see how life changes you from what you originally wanted to do.

• Downvote 1

I did, but the topic was more aimed at younger players. So I shared my thoughts as to what I wanted to be as I grew up.

I like the topic. It's interesting to see how life changes you from what you originally wanted to do.

As a young person I liked reading how people have ended up in life, and how it differed from their aspirations.Makes for interesting read and its cool to find out about people

• Upvote 1

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

I'm also in my 40s. CPA, MBA. I don't ever want to grow up but I plan to retire and live near the beach in a warm area of the world. My nation will be bequethed to my nephew when I die and he will cherish it forever.

When I was a child I wanted to be a cashier at a grocery store. Entering college I wanted to be a biochemist. I somehow ended up a ship captain. Now I want to have self sufficient land, with some small industry.

So... A Branch Davidian?

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKZAAAAJGNlMDNiYTkxLWFkOTYt

• Upvote 6

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I figure this is pretty relevant considering I just started college this year myself. I'm pretty interested in becoming a Foreign Service Officer (diplomat) and getting my bachelors in Political Science. If that doesn't work out there are a few other fields of interest that would suit a political science degree, but that's the main reason why I'm thinking about majoring in it. Honestly though at this point, I'm still trying to figure out if that's what I want to do with my life.

Personally, I am looking at going into Astronomy, so basically 5 to 7 years in college getting a Ph. D in Astronomy, then afterwards getting married and have a family. Of course, only God knows what I will end up doing with my life.

For the longest time I wanted to be a FSO serving in the embassies overseas as well, however the more I look at the way it's set up I would much prefer more autonomy on where I go to work. Now I'm slogging through a Public Relations degree and figure I'll see where that takes me in the long run.

duZjuvT.png?3

I want to sit around watching hentai and playing video games while surviving on government handouts.  First, however, I want to get a college degree in liberal arts so that I can complain on Tumblr about how much student debt I'm in and how I can't get a job.  

• Upvote 5

"Your cattle will die, your friends will die, you will die. But your reputation, if it is good, will never die."  -excerpt from the Havamal

"We are born into this time and must bravely follow the path to the destined end. There is no other way. Our duty is to hold on to the lost position, without hope, without rescue, like that Roman soldier whose bones were found in front of a door in Pompeii, who, during the eruption of Vesuvius, died at his post because they forgot to relieve him. That is greatness. That is what it means to be a thoroughbred. The honorable end is the one thing that can not be taken from a man."  -Oswald Spengler

Glad someone asked.

I want be a microbiologist (virologist more specifically). I know exactly what I want to do. I'm starting college next fall. I've already took the entrance exams and turned in my application (I was accepted).

:3

:sheepy:  :3 CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!! :3 :sheepy:

The Average New World Citizen:

Jake_Mandell.png

#stopthenukes :'(

I'm going to copy and paste what I just posted on the GPA's forum:

I'm 50 and mostly-retired from a brief career that included teaching, writing, non-profit fundraising, policy analysis and probably something else I've forgotten. My academic training includes a Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism and a Master's in Theological Studies, specializing in pastoral care of the dying and recently bereaved. (Cheery subject!) I also have my MCSE, A+, Net+, Security+, CCNA and....I dunno....other little slips of paper lying around. Business Management certificates and stuff like that.

Funny thing is, my education has yet to earn me so much as one thin dime. Not even kidding. Turns out all of it has been for personal interest.

But now that I've had a few more minutes to think about this, I realize that I'm living the freakin' dream.

It's my wife.

OK, so she's hot. And she's more than ten years younger than me, which I admit mattered a lot more when I was 35 and she was 24.

But that's not the best part.

She owns a bar.

EDIT: Or a 'pub', if you prefer.

Edited by King Zog
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to copy and paste what I just posted on the GPA's forum:

I'm 50 and mostly-retired from a brief career that included teaching, writing, non-profit fundraising, policy analysis and probably something else I've forgotten. My academic training includes a Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism and a Master's in Theological Studies, specializing in pastoral care of the dying and recently bereaved. (Cheery subject!) I also have my MCSE, A+, Net+, Security+, CCNA and....I dunno....other little slips of paper lying around. Business Management certificates and stuff like that.

Funny thing is, my education has yet to earn me so much as one thin dime. Not even kidding. Turns out all of it has been for personal interest.

But now that I've had a few more minutes to think about this, I realize that I'm living the freakin' dream.

It's my wife.

OK, so she's hot. And she's more than ten years younger than me, which I admit mattered a lot more when I was 35 and she was 24.

But that's not the best part.

She owns a bar.

EDIT: Or a 'pub', if you prefer.

Bro that is the !@#$ing dream. Nice!

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

Guest Frawley

When I was young the Italian Merchant Bankers intrigued me, by high school I was set on Law, at University I was planning to go into politics, but after graduation I ended up back in Merchant Banking.  Sometimes your first thought was the right one.