A question for Americans who are voting for Hillary Clinton in November

Thalmor

Why? Why are you doing that for?

I just don't get it. She's a chronic liar. People who come around her have a nasty habit of dying. She happily went along with the Democrat's plot of rigging the election just to beat Bernie. She cut corners with regards to security as Secretary of State for her own convenience.

A few videos:

Hillary Clinton lying for 13 minutes straight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI

Video in which FBI direction James Comey confirms that Hillary lied: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opPh9uG29cQ

Maybe I'm not seeing something. Maybe I'm wrong. If there's somebody who'll read this that is genuinely voting for Clinton to support her, I'd like to know why.

Not trying to b8 people. I really want to know what I'm not seeing here.

• Upvote 5

new_forum_sig_2.png

I do not vote but I am confused about why you are confused by Kelson's answer.

As laid out in the OP, I think Clinton is a chronic liar. I believe her actions reflect poor character. For another example, she claims to want to help LGBT and women's rights, but then allows her charity, the Clinton Foundation, to receive millions from Muslim-majority countries. Isn't that contradiction?

Trump is a self-made businessman. He accepted a large loan from his father to get started, but that's how a lot of businesses start out- via loans. He says a lot of nonsense, but I believe that's just so he can get free media coverage. Certainly, somebody who has accomplished as much as he did cannot be stupid.

So, with all that mind, I'm confused by Kelson's answer. How damning of a view must you have of Trump so that you'd be in favor of Clinton? Where does the basis of said view come from?

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

Trump is a raving loon.  He is either a racist bigot or is trolling the country.  This is why conservatives are fleeing from him.  And I get this view simply by listening to the man.

Clinton is a normal politician in that she is corrupt and lies (Trump undoubtedly does those things too but its hard to tell through all the noise).

So normal not insane vs insane.  Its really not even a debate.

Edited by LordRahl2

-signature removed for rules violation-

There are things worse than chronic liars. Trump is one of those.

In what way?

Say what you want about Hillary. Good, bad, whatever. At least she's predictable.

Trump isn't.

What's so good about predictability that it overtakes her flaws?

new_forum_sig_2.png

What's so good about predictability that it overtakes her flaws?

It's like ordering a McDonald's salad. You know it's gonna be shit. But you're not gonna die from it and you know what you're getting.

Trump is like that weird candy bar that's never bought in a vending machine. Sure, it might taste good, but you don't know if it's safe to eat anymore.

• Upvote 2
Icwalk.gif

I can't vote, but I may have to say this. I may dislike Hillary, but at least I am not scared of her unlike Trump. Trump supports North Korea, and is willing to use the nuclear option. Either way, America is doomed.

I can't vote, but I may have to say this. I may dislike Hillary, but at least I am not scared of her unlike Trump. Trump supports North Korea, and is willing to use the nuclear option. Either way, America is doomed.

Is using nukes so bad? If so- why do we have so many of them?

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Hillary Clinton lying for 13 minutes straight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI

You realize that people's views change right? That's all this is. I used to be "homophobic" myself but I've come to accept them at one point or another. My question for you is why are you voting for a retarded celebrity business man who has gone bankrupt 3 times, despite wanting to make america great again, has outsourced a lot of his business to other countries, encouraged people to assassinate Hillary not even days ago, as well as encouraging the Russian to hack the United States, Donald Trump is also racist, sexist, wants to give muslims IDs just like Hitler gave the Jews numbers.

Edited by Jesse Custer
  • Upvote 2

For aliens.

Trump does not support the North Koreans.

He certainly has some interests in Russia, but not those backwards communists.

Besides, nukes should always be an option. It's idiotic to have such an amazing weapon and disregard it entirely.

Hell, tactical nukes are actually relatively safe. They don't leave a whole lot of radiation behind and you don't have to worry about nuclear fallout. Plus a small blast radius ensures that there is a minimal to irrelevant amount of collateral damage.

They are viewed in a separate category.  Non-persistent nerve gas is also minimally damaging to its environs.  People still see it differently and there are escalatory concerns when employed.  So we have lots specifically so that we do not have to use them.

I'm voting 3rd party. I'm more confused on why anyone would vote for one of the two main parties at this point. Trump is !@#$ing awful and Clinton is everything you have said. We have more then two choices. People seem to not know that because the media ignores the other two parties in the Green and Libertarian Parties. Everyone should vote 3rd Party in this election. Avoid the stupidity of the major parties just for this election. Most people you talk too are either voting out of ignorance or out of loyalty or out of delusion. No one is using their heads they are making up excuses for the flaws of the two major party leaders instead of looking at the glaring flaws and going elsewhere. Your Choices are Corruption or Racism or neither. Because either of the two major 3rd parties is a better choice then Clinton or Trump. 3rd Party polling is the highest it's ever been yet it's not high enough to join the debates. When it comes to politics Americans don't try hard enough to do research they get caught up in propaganda and the media lying to them. I wish this was conspiracy bullshit but sadly it's not.

Fire is nice eh?

You realize that people's views change right? That's all this is. I used to be "homophobic" myself but I've come to accept them at one point or another.

Did you even watch the video? She said that she always supported gay marriage. She may have changed her mind, yes, but in that interview, she said that she always supported it. That also doesn't address the second video in the OP in which Trey Gowdy gets Comey to basically admit that Hillary did lie about a lot of issues.

I'm also going to break down your criticisms of Trump:

1 - ''retarded celebrity business man who has gone bankrupt 3 times''

Trump did not go bankrupt 3 times. 3 separate businesses of his has went bankrupt, yes. However, Trump himself has never filed for bankruptcy for everything.

While he has had 3 business failures, he's ran literally hundreds of other success businesses. His success completely overshadows his failures.

2 - ''has outsourced a lot of his business to other countries''

If you want to stay competitive in today's markets here in America, you really don't have much choice. The laws in this country make it so that it's a huge financial drain not to outsource.

3 - ''encouraged people to assassinate Hillary not even days ago''

I've heard of that incident to. I dunno a whole lot about that quote or it's context. However, Trump says a lot of stuff to get free media attention. You can't take all the more uninhibited things he says so seriously.                      

On the flip side, a few days ago, the campaign manager for Hillary Clinton, Bob Beckel, called for United States Special Forces to kill Julian Assange for leaking information about the DNC and Hillary Clinton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsSpn-DTBsw

...I haven't seen Clinton apologize for that.

4 - ''as well as encouraging the Russian to hack the United States''

I'm 99% sure he was making a joke.

5 - ''racist, sexist, wants to give muslims IDs just like Hitler gave the Jews numbers.''

How is he racist or sexist? Please provide evidence of this claim.

As for the Hitler comparison, please look up Reductio ad Hitlerum.

new_forum_sig_2.png

"You can't take all the more uninhibited things he says so seriously."

Why not?  He is trying to become the leader of the most powerful state on earth.  I would say someone who gushes uninhibited loony drivel should be disqualified.

Leaders do not "joke" about having foreign powers attack major domestic political parties.  Leaders do not "joke" about inciting gun violence.  Leaders just do not do these things over and over again.

So in my mind the distinction between a series of "jokes" or serious statements is basically irrelevant.  Neither is remotely acceptable for the leader of the United States.

Apparently to disqualify him requires voting for HC.  So that is what people are going to do.

"You can't take all the more uninhibited things he says so seriously."

Why not?  He is trying to become the leader of the most powerful state on earth.  I would say someone who gushes uninhibited loony drivel should be disqualified.

Leaders do not "joke" about having foreign powers attack major domestic political parties.  Leaders do not "joke" about inciting gun violence.  Leaders just do not do these things over and over again.

So in my mind the distinction between a series of "jokes" or serious statements is basically irrelevant.  Neither is remotely acceptable for the leader of the United States.

Apparently to disqualify him requires voting for HC.  So that is what people are going to do.

So joking about sensitive topics makes a leader unfit? Okay, so you just disqualified a large number of former Presidents' of the United States: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/04/27/the-single-best-joke-told-by-every-president-from-obama-to-washington/

Using that link as a source, we can go back all the way to John Adams, the 2nd President of the United States, John Adams said that Alexander Hamilton was a ''...bastard brat of a Scottish peddler!''

Whelp, as reactions to Trump's remarks in this campaign has shown, it is completely unacceptable for politicians or political-hopefuls to insult one other. As such, John Adams should've lost the 1796 Presidential Election.

...So should James Monroe as well, who was the 5th President. He said Alexander Hamilton was a scoundrel- and said it to his face to. I guess the 1816 Presidential election was also void.

Oh, and there's John Quincy Adams. Who said that that Andrew Jackson was ''A barbarian who cannot write a sentence of grammar and can hardly spell his own name.â€

Speaking of Andrew Jackson, he directly threatened to cut off John Calhoun's head if he seceded from the Union to go against federal laws.

Finally, Ronald Reagan joked about conducting a nuclear bombing of Russia. Reagan said that during a microphone test, and it obviously wasn't serious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv13ZnkpWos

Presidents and political leaders all throughout America history banter and say nonsense. Saying that banter and jokes makes one immediately unfit isn't entirely fitting.

new_forum_sig_2.png

So joking about sensitive topics makes a leader unfit? Okay, so you just disqualified a large number of former Presidents' of the United States: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/04/27/the-single-best-joke-told-by-every-president-from-obama-to-washington/

Using that link as a source, we can go back all the way to John Adams, the 2nd President of the United States, John Adams said that Alexander Hamilton was a ''...bastard brat of a Scottish peddler!''

Whelp, as reactions to Trump's remarks in this campaign has shown, it is completely unacceptable for politicians or political-hopefuls to insult one other. As such, John Adams should've lost the 1796 Presidential Election.

...So should James Monroe as well, who was the 5th President. He said Alexander Hamilton was a scoundrel- and said it to his face to. I guess the 1816 Presidential election was also void.

Oh, and there's John Quincy Adams. Who said that that Andrew Jackson was ''A barbarian who cannot write a sentence of grammar and can hardly spell his own name.â€

Speaking of Andrew Jackson, he directly threatened to cut off John Calhoun's head if he seceded from the Union to go against federal laws.

Finally, Ronald Reagan joked about conducting a nuclear bombing of Russia. Reagan said that during a microphone test, and it obviously wasn't serious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv13ZnkpWos

Presidents and political leaders all throughout America history banter and say nonsense. Saying that banter and jokes makes one immediately unfit isn't entirely fitting.

You convinced me.  Calling an opponent a ''...bastard brat of a Scottish peddler!' or a "scoundrel"  is equivalent to inciting violence and asking a hostile foreign power to attack an organization in the State you hope to lead (not during microphone tests by the way - during speeches).

Wait...nope those things are not equivalent.

But those two are just the ones that stick out.  There are plenty more.  Would you like a list?

• Upvote 1

Deciding on Hillary or Trump for the POTUS is like picking what condiments you want on your shit sandwich.

To those voting for Hillary because it is not Trump: She is just as bad,  unpredictable and a disgrace to women. She is a complete narcissist who will do more damage than Trump will.

To those voting for Hillary because Bernie is no longer a Candidate: Jill Stein is an option.

To those voting for Trump because he is not Hillary: His policies are virtually a repeat of GWB, only he is worse than Hillary on flip-flopping. He may actually build a wall, but we need to ask the question- is it to keep out people or to keep us in? He too is a narcissist, and a dangerous one.

To those voting for Trump because your stupid GOP candidate lost: Gary Johnson is an option.