Terminus Est Declaration.

Prefontaine

"You don't get to tell us what words mean.  I wrote a paragraph about it and everything."

lol at pre being buthurt.  Its ok man. There is nothing wrong with having treaties.  I think it is a fine treaty and honorably done, sir.  It is a treaty though or "paper" as yall like to call it.

Look at you trying to tell me what I think and feel. Your desperation to try to matter to me is adorable.

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Look at you trying to tell me what I think and feel. Your desperation to try to matter to me is adorable.

Thank you my good sir. My whole life i thought words were defined. But no longer am i ignorant. Obviously words mean what your emotions want them to. Thank you for purifying me.

• Upvote 2
Icwalk.gif

What is the difference between this treaty and any of the "paper" treaties then? I mean it's not like there's any formal mechanism to enforce the "paper" agreements either, it's basically a statement from party A that they'll defend party B, sometimes but not always accompanied by another statement that party B will defend party A. That's what this is too, regardless of how you have worded it. If you disagree then do tell what the difference is.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

What is the difference between this treaty and any of the "paper" treaties then? I mean it's not like there's any formal mechanism to enforce the "paper" agreements either, it's basically a statement from party A that they'll defend party B, sometimes but not always accompanied by another statement that party B will defend party A. That's what this is too, regardless of how you have worded it. If you disagree then do tell what the difference is.

I mean, usually paperless would mean "unannounced". But now it's just a funny way to say to "i'm better than you and i don't need to explain myself.". 

Icwalk.gif

With no actual rule of law in place in the game, ie: no entity to enforce actual treaties, paperless and paper just means the same thing in this game. It's just a promise to do commit a certain action.

With no actual rule of law in place in the game, ie: no entity to enforce actual treaties, paperless and paper just means the same thing in this game. It's just a promise to do commit a certain action.

I thought the difference was whether or not it was public/announced.

Icwalk.gif

Okay, i'm a billionaire. I don't own anything wealthy.

BUT YOU DON'T GET TO TELL ME WHAT WORDS MEAN

Being a billionaire doesn't require you to own anything outside of the money, so you can clearly be one without owning anything "wealthy" outside of that pile of bills. 

Thank you my good sir. My whole life i thought words were defined. But no longer am i ignorant. Obviously words mean what your emotions want them to. Thank you for purifying me.

Your desperation to matter to me is clear as you're replying to my posts like I'm actually talking to you when clearly I wasn't. 

I mean, usually paperless would mean "unannounced". But now it's just a funny way to say to "i'm better than you and i don't need to explain myself.". 

As someone in one of the most heavily papered alliances, I can understand your clear confusion and ignorance on the matter. Paper gameplay and paperless gameplay are a style, ideology, or even perhaps a philosophy on how to play the game. You don't get to tell me how paperless works, you're not a part of it. You don't matter to it. Even when Guardian was paperless I even stated Protectorates get announced. I've been doing this for longer than BK, and you have existed over here.

You don't get to tell me what paperless means because you don't subscribe to that way of thinking. You don't get to tell me how something I effectively founded in this game works, and thus as I said your opinions on what is or is not paper is irrelevant. 

Have I spelled it out simply enough? Because I've mustered the last of the !@#$ I could possible give for this post. 

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

I thought the difference was whether or not it was public/announced.

Well, in the real world, you can sign actual papers with no intention to announce it. Putting things on papers just make things easier to resolve when one breaks their promise as there's an actual avenue (court of law) to resolve things. You could do the same thing "paperless" but it's alot harder to resolve.

• Upvote 1

Being a billionaire doesn't require you to own anything outside of the money, so you can clearly be one without owning anything "wealthy" outside of that pile of bills. 

Your desperation to matter to me is clear as you're replying to my posts like I'm actually talking to you when clearly I wasn't. 

As someone in one of the most heavily papered alliances, I can understand your clear confusion and ignorance on the matter. Paper gameplay and paperless gameplay are a style, ideology, or even perhaps a philosophy on how to play the game. You don't get to tell me how paperless works, you're not a part of it. You don't matter to it. Even when Guardian was paperless I even stated Protectorates get announced. I've been doing this for longer than BK, and you have existed over here.

You don't get to tell me what paperless means because you don't subscribe to that way of thinking. You don't get to tell me how something I effectively founded in this game works, and thus as I said your opinions on what is or is not paper is irrelevant. 

Have I spelled it out simply enough? Because I've mustered the last of the !@#$ I could possible give for this post. 

It's one thing to try and define a new "ideology" to play a game. It's another to behave like a !@#$. Why, you're trying to start a cult/religion?

It's one thing to try and define a new "ideology" to play a game. It's another to behave like a !@#$. Why, you're trying to start a cult/religion?

Would you be interested to hear about the legacy group?

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

The faithful have not forgotten the Almighty, and the Almighty has not forgotten the faithful. The Almighty will lead us down the path of righteousness once again, a path watered well with the blood of heretics. Be warned Orbis, the Almighty still watches.

• Upvote 6

uHQTKq6.png

So we've established that Pre has made TEst a paper alliance in reality, but since "paperless" is like, a philosophy man, a way of thinking, not just about you know, not having any paper, they're going to stay paperless in spirit and ain't nobody going to tell him different because he's been playing this game for much longer than anyone else (actually not that much longer and nobody cares anyway).

• Upvote 4

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

So we've established that Pre has made TEst a paper alliance in reality, but since "paperless" is like, a philosophy man, a way of thinking, not just about you know, not having any paper, they're going to stay paperless in spirit and ain't nobody going to tell him different because he's been playing this game for much longer than anyone else (actually not that much longer and nobody cares anyway).

Mensa gonna Mensa.

scSqPGJ.gif

The faithful have not forgotten the Almighty, and the Almighty has not forgotten the faithful. The Almighty will lead us down the path of righteousness once again, a path watered well with the blood of heretics. Be warned Orbis, the Almighty still watches.

I'm assumig Pre told you he mentioned TLG, but even without it's hilarious that you came back to post this.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

I mean TEst doesn't have to hold to their word, there aren't clauses that can be kept to or broken, there isn't a 'give x time notice to cancel'. All in all there are very few similarities of TEst's statement with most if not the majority of paper treaties that are defined as such in this game.

Anyway TEst is a paper alliance...that Edictum Est thingy :P

Edited by James XVI
  • Upvote 2

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png

1. Obviously my whole life goal was to please you my good overlord

2. Saying "you're not in it, so you don't understand it" is quite the idiotic argument. By that logic, why reply to anyone? I mean, by your logic, anyone who could possibly reply is automatically wrong, so why spend your time doing it? 

3. Calling my opinions irrelevant because of... "that way of thinking". What. Sounds like a religious BS argument. "You're not X, and if you're not X you're not Y, and you can't say you're not X because of Y". Also, using the "it's older than [bla bla bla]" argument doesn't add anything. Something being old doesn't make it any more right. 

4. Simple, yes. Incorrect, also yes.

• Upvote 1
Icwalk.gif