Bot Recruiter

Guinevere

They definitely should be banned.

@ all the Alliance FA departments who use them; stop being so lazy and hire some officers to regularly do recruitment messages and interact with beginners. Earn your members, dont just use a bot for them.. tf. 

• Upvote 3

the spice girls started the cold war

Eh, in this case, banning bots would be like banning short shorts on guys.

Like, if an alliance wants to look like an asshat, let them.

Personally I think those members that are recruited by bots are more likely to be lower quality members, but whatever.

Icwalk.gif

Eh, in this case, banning bots would be like banning short shorts on guys.

Like, if an alliance wants to look like an asshat, let them.

Personally I think those members that are recruited by bots are more likely to be lower quality members, but whatever.

You were recruited by a bot, so yeah I can agree with your statement ;)

In my experience using a bot attracts the same kind of players as any form of mass recruitment. Just have a good screening process and you can do fine. We've had a bot recruiting for probably over a year now and nothing has really changed.

When I created our recruiting bot it put a lot of people out of jobs. We had a pretty large recruiting team and they were messaging members 24/7 almost as soon as they joined. It was essentially the same thing as having a bot do it.

If anything, banning recruitment bots would only help larger alliances like BK. We can produce the people to have 24/7 recruitment unlike many other alliances.

Edited by Yosodog
  • Upvote 2

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

In my experience using a bot attracts the same kind of players as any form of mass recruitment. Just have a good screening process and you can do fine. We've had a bot recruiting for probably over a year now and nothing has really changed.

When I created our recruiting bot it put a lot of people out of jobs. We had a pretty large recruiting team and they were messaging members 24/7 almost as soon as they joined. It was essentially the same thing as having a bot do it.

If anything, banning recruitment bots would only help larger alliances like BK. We can produce the people to have 24/7 recruitment unlike many other alliances.

I was recruited by Filthy Filth's message. Your face smells bad. kek

Although proper screening would do the trick, i'm just saying that some of the top-tier potential members would get triggered from the bot, and join a different alliance just because of that.

Hence why recruiting bots are less effective than normal recruiting members, but i mean, they are efficient.

But banning bots is stupid, it only affects new players for a very limited amount of time. Which, of course, could determine whether or not they stay in the game. 

Icwalk.gif

Meh, totally disagree. Just because your alliance is larger doesn't mean you csn recruit better. I recruited/poached for Titan way better than most alliances did. Assassin Order(Cynic's old aa) and he recruited really well without an auto recruiter. You just have to have several committed guys and a good pitch. The bigger the alliance means nothing.

• Upvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

I was recruited by Filthy Filth's message. Your face smells bad. kek

Although proper screening would do the trick, i'm just saying that some of the top-tier potential members would get triggered from the bot, and join a different alliance just because of that.

Hence why recruiting bots are less effective than normal recruiting members, but i mean, they are efficient.

But banning bots is stupid, it only affects new players for a very limited amount of time. Which, of course, could determine whether or not they stay in the game. 

I can confirm that you were recruited at exactly Sun, 22 May 2016 06:29:03 GMT by my bot :P

Meh, totally disagree. Just because your alliance is larger doesn't mean you csn recruit better. I recruited/poached for Titan way better than most alliances did. Assassin Order(Cynic's old aa) and he recruited really well without an auto recruiter. You just have to have several committed guys and a good pitch. The bigger the alliance means nothing.

My point is that we can muster up more people to recruit more often. Yeah, you can get one or two people to recruit for hours on end, but we can get at least 20 people from different timezones taking shifts recruiting so it doesn't get stale.

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

Iirc, i applied to UPN first. I am exactly 86% sure you're wrong.

Phew, you dodged a bullet there.

BK in a nutshell

I've headed IA/recruiting for years. Done recruiting with and without bots. Bots make the game a lot more fun.

Recruiting is tedious, boring work. It's usually the most labor intensive part of an alliance, and usually people joke that someone dumb could make their way up to high gov by just spending half the day on recruiting.

That said, they are a secret weapon and a good reason to suck up to certain alliances is for the bots.

I mean if you wanted to pay me for a bot, I'd expect well over $100M from an allied alliance.

It's maybe easier to do your own, and only takes like 2 hours to 2 weeks, depending on your level of skill. But if you're serious about recruiting it'll save you even more time.

By not joining UPN, or by providing proof that your bot didn't recruit me? :P

Before Resplendent was a thing, you almost thought about joining us. Then left for a memeier alliance. :'(

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

By not joining UPN, or by providing proof that your bot didn't recruit me? :P

I don't see any proof except a record saying that my bot recruited you soooooooo.....

BK in a nutshell

Guest Curufinwe

Before Resplendent was a thing, you almost thought about joining us. Then left for a memeier alliance. :'(

Would you like him now? I'll pay you $420 to take him off our hands :P

I don't see any proof except a record saying that my bot recruited you soooooooo.....

There's proof on my very first post on the BK forums :P

Would you like him now? I'll pay you $420 to take him off our hands :P

Hey... i'm worth AT LEAST -1337$.

Icwalk.gif

I've headed IA/recruiting for years. Done recruiting with and without bots. Bots make the game a lot more fun.

Recruiting is tedious, boring work. It's usually the most labor intensive part of an alliance, and usually people joke that someone dumb could make their way up to high gov by just spending half the day on recruiting.

That said, they are a secret weapon and a good reason to suck up to certain alliances is for the bots.

I mean if you wanted to pay me for a bot, I'd expect well over $100M from an allied alliance.

It's maybe easier to do your own, and only takes like 2 hours to 2 weeks, depending on your level of skill. But if you're serious about recruiting it'll save you even more time.

Can you point me in the right direction of tutorial?

There's proof on my very first post on the BK forums :P

Hey... i'm worth AT LEAST -1337$.

Meh,  I'd only pay $350, if I was feeling generous, maybe $420

lowkey i did message him and told him that BK would be a right fit for him.

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

• 2 years later...

Reason bots won’t be banned is just read information from game & the player still needs to make in-game actions. If everyone wants to see NPO’s war stats disappear against bots, we couldn’t have stuff like that either if bots or programs which check for in game changes on stuff were banned.

libertyribbon.png