The Issue with Credits

Lord of Puns

I really don't see it being a problem for now. I have never bought a credit with actual currency, nor have I redeemed it for any non-cosmetic feature and I'm still #150/4,443.

That's you though. Imagine someone who buys 10 credits(with real money) every month, sells them for 5mil each or more. That's an extra 50mil every month, from thin air basically.

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

That's you though. Imagine someone who buys 10 credits(with real money) every month, sells them for 5mil each or more. That's an extra 50mil every month, from thin air basically.

And they (in theory) have a $50 million advantage on everyone. Yet, I am still in the top 5%. See the below quote. 

I mean heck, if it's 60mil a month that's unreasonable, there's no game mechanic preventing 60mil from being sent to another nation in exchange for almost nothing.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

It's not from thin air. That money comes from someone else. Unless the dude buying them is exploiting some bug or something he's clearly decided there's an economic advantage to getting the credit at that price is worth the trade off.

If people don't buy them, then the best he can get is 25mil for 10 credits. If you wanted to make an argument that that's unbalanced, I'd get it.

• Upvote 2

And they (in theory) have a $50 million advantage on everyone. Yet, I am still in the top 5%. See the below quote.

Well I'd argue the difference is that if I gave someone 60mil from the money I made from taxes in my nation, at least that's still money from the game itself, just changing hands. But 60mil from thin air? That's a lot of cash.

Not to say I haven't used credits before, I've both bought and sold credits on the market in the past. It's just that, if someone really wanted to spend their real money on this game, especially with the timer resets, they could make it to the top or near the top quite quickly.

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

Not to say I haven't used credits before, I've both bought and sold credits on the market in the past. It's just that, if someone really wanted to spend their real money on this game, especially with the timer resets, they could make it to the top or near the top quite quickly.

I thought that part of the reason credits were introduced was for allowing new nations to catch up? 

I tried to search for the thread where Sheepy said that, but I couldn't find it. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Just saying from doing math, if you where to start a brand new nation today and buy ten credits right off the bat, and sell them for 60mil. You'd have enough to buy up to your 9th city(not including infrastructure). Buying ten more credits in October, and two more on the market. You could get 5 cities in one day. After that you'd probably be stuck waiting till November cause you'd need more credits. But just the simple fact that you'd have enough for like your tenth city when your a brand new player is some what disturbing to me. Considering I've been here for two years and I got 13 cities, just using myself as an example, I know others have grown faster than I. It's just incredible really how much ten credits can get you.

And that thin air pays for all of us to play this game. 

Sheepy doesn't develop this game for s**** and giggles.   All of us benefit from the people (like me) that support this game every month. 

And that thin air pays for all of us to play this game. 

Sheepy doesn't develop this game for s**** and giggles.   All of us benefit from the people (like me) that support this game every month.

I support the game as well, but I use my credits for things like VIP. Not to try and get a boost to get ahead. That's just me I guess.

I support the game as well, but I use my credits for things like VIP. Not to try and get a boost to get ahead. That's just me I guess.

If you buy $47 worth of credits each month and don't spend any on getting in game money then kudos to you.  I thank you for helping make this game go. 

If not then I ask how long do you think this game would exist or in what form if everybody who currently donates $47 a month suddenly switched to $5?

I think there has to be a balance between spending to 'win' and free play obviously and to me Alex has found a good place.  $60 million a month or whatever credits buy you works great as you're building your nation

but after a few months it's much less of an incentive.   It's a great way for new players to stay interested and invested in sticking around and with their growth it's naturally phased out.

Edited by AkAk
  • Upvote 1

I just feel the credits are slightly overpriced for what they can bring. Which in return you have to give them some more value by adding in in-game incentives for players. That's what I think created these additions.

One interesting thing that could be looked at is reducing the credits temporarily, and see how many people pay per month for VIPs/Flags/Ads. $5 seems a bit steep considering it's player-made flags/avatars/etc. Maybe trying $2.50-$3 for 2-3 months would be a good experiment, while temporarily reducing amount of credits expended per month to 4-6.

I just feel the credits are slightly overpriced for what they can bring. Which in return you have to give them some more value by adding in in-game incentives for players. That's what I think created these additions.

One interesting thing that could be looked at is reducing the credits temporarily, and see how many people pay per month for VIPs/Flags/Ads. $5 seems a bit steep considering it's player-made flags/avatars/etc. Maybe trying $2.50-$3 for 2-3 months would be a good experiment, while temporarily reducing amount of credits expended per month to 4-6.

Again, what % would this reduce Alex's income by?  

Again, what % would this reduce Alex's income by?  

I was hoping you'd tell me that. Unless he stated his income somewhere, we wouldn't know. We also wouldn't know how many more people this will bring in to donate for nation customization. As well as if this is enough to prevent credit selling.

Edited by Hooves

I might be wrong but I'm going to guess that any solution that reduces his income is a non-starter and giving players less of a reason to buy credits would certainly (IMO) reduce his income. 

He doesn't seem to have a problem with the balance of game play at present.

If there was a problem I hope Sheepy would notice it. It's just that things you can redeem your credits for are so low, the market gives you so much more.

I disagree, Alex needs more pizza money, let's make an extra rebuy military for 1 credit, change colour to beige for 1 credit, immense triumph on next attack for 1 credit.

Edited by Ogaden
tvPWtuA.gif