The Issue with Credits

Lord of Puns

This shit is ridiculous

People are making 60+ million a month with credit sales. I've always said I had no issues with credits being used to support the game, Alex needs to have money to keep the game going.

But... when you introduce a credit system that is verging on game breaking, then there's a problem. 

See what credit sellers have realized is that they don't have to sell credits for just over their return profit, which is 25 million a month. Unlike when they first came out, credits are rarely used as your invulnerable wallet. They're being used for ads, VIP, Flags, Name Changes and the most ridiculous of the benefits: reset project/city timer.

Now credit sellers have realized that people will buy them almost no matter the cost, and so their cost has gone from 3.5 mil last week to 6.5 mil this week. You can essentially make more than 60 million on your credit sales alone. 

So how to fix this? Get rid of the !@#$in city reset timer and reduce their worth again. People will continue to buy because demand will always be there for credits, but if you lower their overall worth, there will be a lot more risk in trying to sell credits for 6x their worth. Right now there's no risk. Even if this isn't the solution: there has to be something done about this. It's turning into pay to play.

The anniversy BS is driving prices through the roof, I would expect a massive market crash around the 14-15th. What we should avoid having is limited edition items, as those cause price spikes that are basically unstoppable. There was a spike when it was annouced that VIP would be flipped to VIP legacy.

I don't sleep enough

Also, I am an Keynesian Utilitarian

Lastly, Hello world

Cosmetics! We need moar cosmetics (imo I think credits are only worth three things: helping out sheepalex, cosmetics, and money) and I already got all the cosmetics (except OBL because my baseball team sucks) :(

Maybe you can exchange credits to add images to your nation description, add more words in your factbook, customize your nation page layout, custom icons for social policies, economic policies, government type, etc... personally, I think the 500 resources, in-game cash redemption ($2,500,000), and 50 infrastructure are useless. The in-game cash redemption drives up the price every-time in rises but, if you get rid of it entirely, I think the price might also soar (idk, humans are weird).

Maybe add more options that don't affect gameplay but inspire player loyalty by customizing and individualizing their nation, making them feel an attachment. Maybe add more awards and a customizable government cabinet! I want my nation the game to be...BEAUTIFIED. Also, mac n' cheetos.

tumblr_static_tumblr_maucq6syiy1r7y61oo1

This shit is ridiculous

People are making 60+ million a month with credit sales. I've always said I had no issues with credits being used to support the game, Alex needs to have money to keep the game going.

But... when you introduce a credit system that is verging on game breaking, then there's a problem. 

See what credit sellers have realized is that they don't have to sell credits for just over their return profit, which is 25 million a month. Unlike when they first came out, credits are rarely used as your invulnerable wallet. They're being used for ads, VIP, Flags, Name Changes and the most ridiculous of the benefits: reset project/city timer.

Now credit sellers have realized that people will buy them almost no matter the cost, and so their cost has gone from 3.5 mil last week to 6.5 mil this week. You can essentially make more than 60 million on your credit sales alone. 

So how to fix this? Get rid of the !@#$in city reset timer and reduce their worth again. People will continue to buy because demand will always be there for credits, but if you lower their overall worth, there will be a lot more risk in trying to sell credits for 6x their worth. Right now there's no risk. Even if this isn't the solution: there has to be something done about this. It's turning into pay to play.

The anniversary is what drove the price up. (was fun buying credits for 4m and reselling for 7m). Assuming credit functions aren't changed for a month or so, they'll go down in price.

Instead of complaining about it, think of a system that lowers the "pay to play", yet still keeps up the revenue for the game.

Icwalk.gif

OK.  Easy.  Just make the offer not limited in time.  "Hey I know some new nation might want this but are unable to use their credit cards and are not old enough to afford a credit.  So as long as your nation was born before XX August 2016 you can redeme a credit for the badge thing."  Now we don't have a spike in credit prices where pay to win players are getting a huge advantage.

It is not hard.

-signature removed for rules violation-

OK.  Easy.  Just make the offer not limited in time.  "Hey I know some new nation might want this but are unable to use their credit cards and are not old enough to afford a credit.  So as long as your nation was born before XX August 2016 you can redeme a credit for the badge thing."  Now we don't have a spike in credit prices where pay to win players are getting a huge advantage.

It is not hard.

I feel like it was intentionally put for a limited time for the purpose of spiking the price of credits. Since i'm sure more people would buy credits if they could get 6 million rather than 3 million.

Icwalk.gif

I feel like it was intentionally put for a limited time for the purpose of spiking the price of credits. Since i'm sure more people would buy credits if they could get 6 million rather than 3 million.

I agree.  Making it a pay to win system.  Which is their, the above poster's, issue with it if I am reading it correctly.

You asked how to raise more revenue without the impression of, or actuality of, a pay to win system.

I agree.  Making it a pay to win system.  Which is their, the above poster's, issue with it if I am reading it correctly.

You asked how to raise more revenue without the impression of, or actuality of, a pay to win system.

I'm just pointing out the fact that the price of credits were increased in such a way that disguises the gaming becoming more "pay to win". (making it look like players raised the price, instead of the dev)

My question for you is, does making 25m a month compared to 60m make the difference between pay to win and not? 

Icwalk.gif

Me personally?  No.  But perception quickly takes hold.  That is why I call the decision silly.  Making 30m for 7 months would have the same overall effect but it would not feel that way to the players.

Sheepy wanted the increase (giving credence to the players angst).  But it was inexpertly implemented so it is blindingly obvious what is happening.

The anniversary is what drove the price up. (was fun buying credits for 4m and reselling for 7m). Assuming credit functions aren't changed for a month or so, they'll go down in price.

Instead of complaining about it, think of a system that lowers the "pay to play", yet still keeps up the revenue for the game.

I totally understand needing revenue for the game, but it's broken. If you can make 60 million a month through selling credits, you already increase your revenue (below NS of 2k or so) by more than 100%.  That's over 3/4th the game. 

What I'm pointing out is that credit sellers have the ability to raise the prices, since the demand will always be there. This week just showed that people will always buy credits no matter the price. 

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

There's inflation too. The price is that much because people can and will pay for it. Maybe a long time ago $2M meant something.

It's not just credits. Look at bauxite!

• Upvote 1

I critized it often, that it's.. well not exactly p2w, but it's getting more and more unfair towards new and (intentionally) small players as the game gets older.

And because these credits are ridiculously expensive to buy with real cash if you're not american.

For 1 credit i can eat 2 days, and for 2 credits i can buy a crate beer... in Euros.

TBcpOnM.png

(Dollar to Euro exchange rate development)

That to be said, a normal wage here is about 2200-2500€ gross, and that gets taxed by about 36%.

Complaining as a german, dunno how it stands in SEA states or Eastern Europe or elsewhere...

They're too expensive for the cosmetic things and 50 Infra (and especially ressource packs, lol) and maybe even for the City timer.

The more the game progresses, the later new players will get the chance to use credits.

Edited by Odin

• 5 weeks later...

I think credits have no place in the market. I don't think they should be sellable.

For what purpose? I don't have the cash to directly support Sheepy. However, I buy credits, thus increasing the value of credits, making more people want to donate to support Sheepy. 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

For what purpose? I don't have the cash to directly support Sheepy. However, I buy credits, thus increasing the value of credits, making more people want to donate to support Sheepy.

If you don't want the pay to win set up.

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

If you don't want the pay to win set up.

I really don't see it being a problem for now. I have never bought a credit with actual currency, nor have I redeemed it for any non-cosmetic feature and I'm still #150/4,443. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I would imagine the city reset is a better deal for newer nations just based on how expensive the cities get at higher levels. This is generally self correcting.

I mean heck, if it's 60mil a month that's unreasonable, there's no game mechanic preventing 60mil from being sent to another nation in exchange for almost nothing.