Who do you follow, and why?

Frank Todd

I'm usually pretty curious when it comes to faith, and why most believe in what they believe in. So why don't you guys tell meh why you follow your god? What are your hopes for said faith, and why? Please enlighten me, but don't be rude about it pretty please. 

Please no attacks on others, this is for talks and pleasantries. 

d0r0WcS.gif

I don't follow a god because there's no logical reason to do so.

Although there are possible advantages in doing so, knowing it screws others over makes it distasteful. 

Your ignorance is bliss to you, but hell to others.

Edited by Peacity Peace
  • Upvote 2
Icwalk.gif

I follow Eris.

c2b375_006c02c7b73c63e73c51dd460a9b1c2d.

All hail Eris! All hail Discordia!

----------------------------------------

OOC: I follow my Tribal practices of the Midewiwin and the Waabanowin.

I'm surprised you aren't into Labes from the Dragon Faith. Since his whole shtick is Madness, Chaos, and Entropy (with a pinch of Discord thrown into there)

• Upvote 1

d0r0WcS.gif

Cthulhu and the eldritch Great Old Ones are the only entities truly worthy of worship. They slumber now beneath the earth and the sea, but when the stars are right again all of Earth shall once more be under their dark rule! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

• Upvote 4

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

I'm surprised you aren't into Labes from the Dragon Faith. Since his whole shtick is Madness, Chaos, and Entropy (with a pinch of Discord thrown into there)

Yeah, I love the concepts of that, but hanging with the Medicine Society and the Dawn Society in the middle of a sweet forest is pretty awesome.

Yeah, I love the concepts of that, but hanging with the Medicine Society and the Dawn Society in the middle of a sweet forest is pretty awesome.

I'm just saying, we live in the Mire... Which is like... Discord made into a physical thingy. We have the Wardens.... and the College which are like crazy people running around with crazy things xD

Cthulhu and the eldritch Great Old Ones are the only entities truly worthy of worship. They slumber now beneath the earth and the sea, but when the stars are right again all of Earth shall once more be under their dark rule! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

o7

Cthulhu. May his dreams plague your mind!

d0r0WcS.gif

I'm a Christian, specifically a Pentecostal.  I've had many personal experiences that fall in line with the expectations of the general Christian belief (if that makes any sense). So much so that I can't really see myself not being a Christian.

OP's question about my hopes for my faith in a little vague. If you mean what I hope happens to me within the realms of my faith, then my hope is that I reach Heaven after dying. If you mean what I hope happens to my faith, then I hope to see Christianity expand even further across the world. A big source of giddiness for me is China- China is projected to be a Christian-majority country by 2030. That's over 500,000,000 new Christians! Imagine how many of those will become missionaries and spread the faith all across Asia or Africa!

new_forum_sig_2.png

Religion to me is a private issue rather than a state and I would like people to put religion as a part of their life rather than it be their life. But at the same time while religion is a way of controlling people's thoughts and while many religions have modernised I still  feel it is a way to consolidate power. I would rather it be done away with but until people realise that we need to move on from religion,  I  believe that people should have a right to follow whatever they believe as long as it does not promote hate or intolerance  

• Upvote 2

2IoFGEj.png?1

Through the Ashes, We Rise 

Religion to me is a private issue rather than a state and I would like people to put religion as a part of their life rather than it be their life. But at the same time while religion is a way of controlling people's thoughts and while many religions have modernised I still  feel it is a way to consolidate power. I would rather it be done away with but until people realise that we need to move on from religion,  I  believe that people should have a right to follow whatever they believe as long as it does not promote hate or intolerance  

Very enlightened, kudos to you.

• Upvote 1

d0r0WcS.gif

I'm a Christian, specifically a Pentecostal.  I've had many personal experiences that fall in line with the expectations of the general Christian belief (if that makes any sense). So much so that I can't really see myself not being a Christian.

OP's question about my hopes for my faith in a little vague. If you mean what I hope happens to me within the realms of my faith, then my hope is that I reach Heaven after dying. If you mean what I hope happens to my faith, then I hope to see Christianity expand even further across the world. A big source of giddiness for me is China- China is projected to be a Christian-majority country by 2030. That's over 500,000,000 new Christians! Imagine how many of those will become missionaries and spread the faith all across Asia or Africa!

^ this

I'm just a regular Catholic.

• Upvote 1

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

Sunni Sufi Muslim (Islam)

Mainly I followed my parents. I follow a spiritual version of islam as well as free flow. Everything is considered halal unless specifically said otherwise. So i enjoy nearly everything a regular western person would. Of course I dont partake in drugs, smoking, music that promotes drugs and other stuff. Because I know religion is spiritual I dont care what other people follow rather I just treat them on how they are people, so im left quite at peace, not feeling left out of my country, and not feeling like im lacking in faith.

My hopes for my faith is to be nothing but helpful to other good people, religious or not and leave a good impression on the world. Why? Because God loves justice and good deeds more than people who worship him and do bad. So I believe if I can do all I can to do good and pray I will (If god wills) reach heaven.

*Cough* Hail Cuthulu *cough*

Edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia
  • Upvote 4

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

I like to believe myself as a Taoist,

after growing up a roman catholic, I  grew a distaste for it after reading the majority of the bible and moved onto becoming more of an agnostic (There are other reasons, but I would rather not disclose). I was introduced to the Tao Te Ching in highschool and instantly fell in love. The whole story behind the religion and the culture really warmed my heart and I started researching and aligning myself in a way that would make myself more of a Taoist person. 

Some people see me as a poser in my neighborhood because no one else is a Taoist at all, but I usually keep it to myself and don't flaunt it around because of the reticule (Comments like "Oh that's weird" and "What the hell is that" just get to me. Ususally since they're not meaningful but derogatory). I usually just pull out the agnostic card anyway because it's a little awkward explaining to people what it is.

My hopes for the faith is that more people become exposed to it, and that they can at least observe the Tao in the way I did. I don't really care if anyone chooses to follow it, but at least know of it. The Tao Te Ching (Scripture) itself is interesting in and of itself.

Edited by Chappie
  • Upvote 5

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

I'm Roman Catholic and believe in God. To be it very simplistically I believe there is a creator of the universe as well as a moral guide stone. Before you jump at me, you can be moral without being religious.

• Upvote 1

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

I follow no one but myself.

tTenO5k.jpg

OOC: I once called myself catholic, and am still registered as one. Sadly our priests degenerate more and more to muslim and pc worshippers. Can't listen to their daily bullshit anymore. Asatru (as it's called nowadays) is at least the religion of my local ancestors. Walhalla awaits me :P

• Upvote 3

tTenO5k.jpg

OOC: I once called myself catholic, and am still registered as one. Sadly our priests degenerate more and more to muslim and pc worshippers. Can't listen to their daily bullshit anymore. Asatru (as it's called nowadays) is at least the religion of my local ancestors. Walhalla awaits me :P

I'm still registered as one too, (felt like I was) forced to confirm. I wouldn't have if my aunt wasn't already flying down from Alberta to watch... didn't want to waste her money. :P Goooood tiiiimes.

Edited by Chappie
  • Upvote 1

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.