Keegoz

So does this mean Rose and VE are paraGONE? (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

Rather disappointed this was not my own 

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

People that want to fight NPO: I applaud you paragon, excellent call and way to make thing interesting.

NPO: Have fun getting rolled.

• Upvote 1

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

Entropy will cause them all to merge into two poles again.  You can have a period of chaos but it will all resolve itself, relatively, quickly.  Its theory and, unlike Dr. Rush, I have seen it play out that way 100% of the time.

Entropy would create several smaller blocs, rather than having two bigger blocs (more the possible combinations, more the entropy). But I do agree with your assessment of a bipolar world.

People that want to fight NPO: I applaud you paragon, excellent call and way to make thing interesting.

NPO: Have fun getting rolled.

I have already clarified our official position on the matter.

edit: no point.

Edited by Roquentin

Entropy would create several smaller blocs, rather than having two bigger blocs (more the possible combinations, more the entropy). But I do agree with your assessment of a bipolar world.

The entropy is in reference to the fact that 2 blocs is easier and requires less energy. It's the decay state of the game, and you have to be willing to invest energy to change it.

• Upvote 1

The entropy is in reference to the fact that 2 blocs is easier and requires less energy. It's the decay state of the game, and you have to be willing to invest energy to change it.

But that's not entropy though :P Entropy is not applicable in this scenario, because over time relations are formed between alliances and some are not easy to break. I agree with everything that's said wrt to game, we do become bipolar and that's great ! It leads to epic wars, several alliances joining in etc..,

• Upvote 1

You guys seem to be conflating entropy with the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. Entropy is just a measurement.

2nd law of thermodynamics defines what entropy is. Is there any other entropy that I'm unaware of?

I was talking about this entropy, S = kb ln(Ω)

2nd law of thermodynamics defines what entropy is. Is there any other entropy that I'm unaware of?

Entropy, as in chaos

Instead of entropy, I believe that the state of the world in this game is better depicted through a negative feedback loop, where equilibrium is the 2 bloc system we all know and love.

Edited by Them

[insert quote here]

No, it states that entropy in a closed system always increases. Entropy is more or less a measure of the number of possible arrangements in a given scenario.

LordRahl2 gave an example of a scenario in which entropy decreases (at least for part of the system). The concept of entropy is still applicable.

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

No, it states that entropy in a closed system always increases. Entropy is more or less a measure of the number of possible arrangements in a given scenario.

LordRahl2 gave an example of a scenario in which entropy decreases (at least for part of the system). The concept of entropy is still applicable.

No, Entropy in a closed system can increase or decrease. Though according to the second law, an increase in entropy means an event is spontaneous, it leaves a conflict with first law which states decrease in enthalpy is spontaneous. Conflict occurs in systems which undergo decrease in entropy and decrease in enthalpy (in which case, according to Ist law, it's spontaneous and according to second law it's not spontaneous). That's where the third law comes in.

According to third law, when entropy decreases, that event can be spontaneous as long as

(change in enthalpy) > ( Temperature times change in entropy).

The second law also states entropy of the universe, which is the sum of entropy of the system and entropy of the surroundings will always increase no matter what.

So if we apply thermodynamics to our situation in hand,

VE/Rose/NPO/UPN etc.., (previous allies of VE/Rose) = system

Every other alliance = surroundings

Orbis = Universe.

Enthalpy equivalent = none (but can be taken as nation score or military as well, though it won't be accurate)

With respect to the system here, less treaties and so more possible ways alliance politics can evolve in future. So entropy increases.

With respect to the surroundings, people are still signing treaties. Entropy decreases.

LordRahl said (which I agree to), every world ends up with two extreme poles. It's also unlikely that we see more paperless alliances or more break up of treaties, especially because here it's more than just a physical system of gases or molecules. A treaty once formed, takes extreme scenario to break up. Comparatively, it's rather easy to form treaties than to break it.

So I don't think Entropy as a concept is applicable here.

Edited by Aerys Targaryen
  • Upvote 1

What if you consider individual nations as molecules.

Irrespective of whether we consider nations or alliances, it's a open system. Because number of nations increases, old nations can go inactive, new nations keep joining. Same with alliances, so it's not applicable

You know, when I posted this, I could never have thought we would spark a debate over Entropy.

You're welcome ;)

Edited by Aerys Targaryen

What I really wanted to discuss was Huntington uni-multipolar theory as it relates to this particular case and point out that it is untenable.  And it would therefore revert to bipolarity but it is tough to explain on a mobile so I tried, and failed, at a shortcut.

Edited by LordRahl2

-signature removed for rules violation-