P&W Full Listing of Presidential Candidate Poll 2016

Presidential Candidate Pick for POTUS/VPOTUS 2016  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Presidential/Vice Presidential Pick for 2016

• Donald Trump/Mike Pence Republican Party Candidates
    • Gary Johnson/William Weld Libertarian Party Candidates
    • Hillary Clinton/Tim Kaine Democratic Party Candidates
    • Jill Stein/Ajamu Baraka Green Party Candidate

This listing contains everyone on the majority of the ballots, and due to time allotted may be on every ballot. Guaranteed are the Democratic, Republican and Libertarian Candidates. Please choose and express why you chose.

Edited by Lo Pan

This listing contains everyone on the majority of the ballots, and due to time allotted may be on every ballot. Guaranteed are the Democratic, Republican and Libertarian Candidates. Please choose and express why you chose.

No Green??!?!? You freaking racist!

Anyways, I don't see any real good candidates this election. The mainstream candidates platforms are based on either protectionist or corporatist economics. 

Edited by Krustev Gunther

No Green??!?!? You freaking racist!

Anyways, I don't see any real good candidates this election. The mainstream candidates platforms are based on either protectionist or corporatist economics. 

The Green Party is not yet guaranteed to be on every State election ballot.

Jill Stein (Green): Who?

Hillary Clinton (D): I don't always wear $12,000 suits while giving speeches about "income inequality," but when I do.....

Donald Trump ®:  :popcorn: What can I say? Trump is @#$%ing hilarious!

Gary Johnson (L): The Libertarians could've chosen literally anyone, but they choose the governor of New Mexico.....

tl;dr: #MeteorStrike2016

• Upvote 2

Leicester won the Premier League. Portugal won the European cup. Brexit happened even with the odds stacked against it. The elites are losing all over the place. Globalist forces will lose in America, they will lose in France, they will lose in the Netherlands, and many more I'm sure. Great Britain has hit the first punch, and America will do the follow up. 

Only Donald Trump can do this.

• Wiki Mod

Because its really terrible for the economy.

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Leicester won the Premier League. Portugal won the European cup. Brexit happened even with the odds stacked against it. The elites are losing all over the place. Globalist forces will lose in America, they will lose in France, they will lose in the Netherlands, and many more I'm sure. Great Britain has hit the first punch, and America will do the follow up. 

Only Donald Trump can do this.

Nah.

Because its really terrible for the economy.

Protectionism is terrible for the economy? It must be opposite day.

Edited by Big Brother

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

The Free Trade is the best and Protectionism should never be done is a meme pretty much, spread by globalists who lose their excessive profit when protectionism curbs their greed. In reality without inputting protectionist policies you can have your economy or parts of your industry utterly wrecked by outside forces (China is a big one these days, but hardly the only one). You want free trade with certain partners and protectionist checks where necessary, but if you need more protectionism then oh well. Going full on free trade just makes you a mug.

Oh and I think this is a good place to note for the Bernie lads thinking of going for Ungrateful Gary.

He's just like Hillary, a globalist who would relish signing the ruinous globalist treaties. Oh and he's a cuck can't forget that but it goes without saying.

Protectionism is terrible for the economy? It must be opposite day.

Nope. It's bad for both the economy and consumers.

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

He's just like Hillary, a globalist who would relish signing the ruinous globalist treaties. Oh and he's a cuck can't forget that but it goes without saying.

Still better than Trump.

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

• Upvote 1

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

iZHAsgV.png

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

iZHAsgV.png

Nope. It's bad for both the economy and consumers.

What part makes it bad for the economy and consumers? 

Can you put that into a statement and then defend it? I'll even provide a small easy question to along with that. If Free Trade is so good then why do they need to give it a protection (ironic) by outlawing regulatory protectionism? Surely if Free Trade is so good then putting that restriction on how you do trade is unneeded no?

Pro tip, economists who make their bread by supporting free trade tend to not be the best sources even with the job description and qualifications. Dishonest people are dishonest at the end of the day. You merely need to look at all those think tanks and "smart people" who got money from the EU saying that the dead would walk the streets of Britain if they voted to leave the EU to see that. "Inefficient local competition" for example that is mentioned in your links is code for "Non-foreign firm who hires local workers". Saying (lets use America) instead that American companies who hire American workers shouldn't be protected and they should all go into oblivion so foreign companies who hire the cheapest workers possible can prosper just doesn't sound as great does it? So they hide behind words like "inefficiency" (not hiring virtual slaves but citizens? Do you even do business they ask) like the cowards paid to promote abhorrent policies they are.

Edited by Rozalia

QAAl2yI.jpg

Edited by underlordgc
  • Upvote 4

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

What part makes it bad for the economy and consumers? 

Can you put that into a statement and then defend it? I'll even provide a small easy question to along with that. If Free Trade is so good then why do they need to give it a protection (ironic) by outlawing regulatory protectionism? Surely if Free Trade is so good then putting that restriction on how you do trade is unneeded no?

Pro tip, economists who make their bread by supporting free trade tend to not be the best sources even with the job description and qualifications. Dishonest people are dishonest at the end of the day. You merely need to look at all those think tanks and "smart people" who got money from the EU saying that the dead would walk the streets of Britain if they voted to leave the EU to see that. "Inefficient local competition" for example that is mentioned in your links is code for "Non-foreign firm who hires local workers". Saying (lets use America) instead that American companies who hire American workers shouldn't be protected and they should all go into oblivion so foreign companies who hire the cheapest workers possible can prosper just doesn't sound as great does it? So they hide behind words like "inefficiency" (not hiring virtual slaves but citizens? Do you even do business they ask) like the cowards paid to promote abhorrent policies they are.

OK, I'll give you an example. Country A imposes tariffs on multiple imports to help the said nation's industry.

How will this be bad for consumers? Because of the tariffs, people are forced to buy the crap local products over the high-quality imported products, and in the process makes monopolies in major industries. The big monopolies are able to lobby the government to jack up the tariff prices, so they could make more profit.

Now, how will this affect the economy? The left-wing unions, now strengthened by bustling industrialism, gain more power, and are able to consolidate to form one united front to lobby government. They successfully lobby to increase the minimum wage to dizzying heights, which also affects prices. Since tariffs are discouraging companies to outsource work, they are forced to pay labourers outrageous wages. Soon, they close shop because of the high costs, which they determine is not worth it.

RE: your 'if free trade is so good why do they need to regulate how you do trade': well, that's one thing you need to fix with free trade. To actually make it more 'free'.

RE last paragraph: There will be dishonest 'economists' but not all of them are. They have seen the effects of free trade and protectionism and have studied it very carefully. If you think that's BS, then you won't be different from Michael Gove.

And I think laid-off factory workers should be retrained in another field.

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

iZHAsgV.png

OK, I'll give you an example. Country A imposes tariffs on multiple imports to help the said nation's industry.

How will this be bad for consumers? Because of the tariffs, people are forced to buy the crap local products over the high-quality imported products, and in the process makes monopolies in major industries. The big monopolies are able to lobby the government to jack up the tariff prices, so they could make more profit.

Now, how will this affect the economy? The left-wing unions, now strengthened by bustling industrialism, gain more power, and are able to consolidate to form one united front to lobby government. They successfully lobby to increase the minimum wage to dizzying heights, which also affects prices. Since tariffs are discouraging companies to outsource work, they are forced to pay labourers outrageous wages. Soon, they close shop because of the high costs, which they determine is not worth it.

RE: your 'if free trade is so good why do they need to regulate how you do trade': well, that's one thing you need to fix with free trade. To actually make it more 'free'.

And why are local products automatically so much worse than products made elsewhere? Would it not be better for Country A if its consumers bought products made by producers in Country A, aka consumers in Country A, thus sending money from Country A consumer to Country A consumer, as opposed to sending money to Country.. B so that they profit? If certain products produced in Country A are of such poor quality the government in Country A should take measures to improve the quality of said products, not make it easier for people in other countries to sell their products in Country A. It's always better to be able to produce something yourself than to have to rely on foreign imports, when your consumers are basically handing away the prosperity of their own country to another. And please do explain how tariffs lead to monopolies because I don't see that connection at all. And even if local producers of say.. cars get a monopoly in their industry, it would still be more beneficial to Country A than people buying foreign cars, because they would be contributing to the local, national economy as opposed to the economy of some other country. And then you talk about lobbyists. Lobbyism shouldn't even be legal dude, money has no place in politics. Getting rid of lobbyists and commercial interests in the affairs of the state is one of the best actions you can take to make sure your country doesn't turn into a oligarchical capitalist gangbang, where private enterprise dominates the political agenda.

Left-wing unions gaining things is most definitely a good thing. And believe me, no one is going to raise the minimum wage to dizzying heights. No one thinks this is a good idea and if you do, you're probably a nutjob who no one takes seriously. Leftists understand and are as tied to economic factors as anyone else. They know perfectly well, like anyone with knowledge of economics, that raising the minimum wage too high causes bad shit to happen. And they are reasonable, intelligent people, so because they know raising the minimum wage too high will cause problems, they won't. Stop trying to make it seem like they don't have any knowledge of economics, because they do. Oh and outsourcing is !@#$ terrible too dude, if tariffs stop outsourcing that is A+. It baffles me that you can genuinely believe that outsourcing is something that should be kept around. As many jobs as possible should be kept within your own nation, where they benefit your own people and thus your own nation. If that means some greedy scumbag of a CEO decides shit is too expensive to do business in your own country and tries to move his assets to somewhere else, then nationalize those assets and kick him out. The interests of the nation should always take precedence of the interests of private enterprise, even if that means infringing on civil and economic liberties. If wages soar too high because tariffs prevent outsourcing, then you know what the solution is? Regulate the market and lower the wages. Obvious, right? If we followed what you believe in, every country stuck at the bottom of global capitalism would be stuck there permanently, without any means to raise their station. Free trade is just an excuse for capitalists to have free reign over the market. It's an illusion, it's not free without regulations and it's not actually free with them either.

Edited by Big Brother
  • Upvote 2

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

RE last paragraph: There will be dishonest 'economists' but not all of them are. They have seen the effects of free trade and protectionism and have studied it very carefully. If you think that's BS, then you won't be different from Michael Gove.

And I think laid-off factory workers should be retrained in another field.

Why are local products automatically crap? On the contrary it's often the opposite with cheap foreign tat running high quality local goods out of business due to the foreign company have overwhelming levels of money thanks to all the places they've been sucking dry. 

A Bernie lad arguing against the unions and paying workers better? Uh, what? Just what were you supporting him for anyway as every time something comes up I found out you held the counter position. I personally don't support unions or the minimum wage as I believe there are better ways to handle such things but it seems a weird stance for you.

Anyway your issue here is very simple to solve, which is the power of companies over the government. The government merely needs to be stronger than the companies and have control and that won't happen. Of course currently that which you talk about happens with foreign companies, so not sure why it switching to local companies is so much worse. 

I don't often agree with Gove but that line of his he got savaged for was quite simple for me. People are tired of so called "experts" who trained in a paradigm that they've been conditioned to believe is the be all and end all so reject everything else as to consider it would be to show all their training and learning wasn't all that good in the end. It's like the scientists who refuse to accept a new theory because they've been brought up on the old ones. Thats if we take them as honest people anyway, some are simply dishonest.