Turkish Coup

Chapsie

This isn't my point at all. The US knew the coup will fail long before anyone of us was certain of it or knew too much information. Keep in mind, these '7 hours' is the total time from the moment of the coup until the US actually announced something. 

Just stop and think for a moment what the US had to do in order to be confident enough to release such a statement in a few hours - the news have to reach the proper authorities, the intelligence agencies need to be informed, they need to research what's going on exactly, by whom, what size and what forces, they have to make conclusions that are certain and direct, they had to transfer this information onwards, the administration had to decide what to do with it, and eventually release a statement.

Of course, there's about a thousand more things you can insert in there. More than likely, the US knew that the coup was going to fail but waited a few hours to be certain of it before saying anything.

That, of course, leads me to the actual counterargument I presented. If the US was able to have this sort of intelligence way in advance, it makes complete sense the actual person being couped against, with direct connections to all the proper millitary personnel, will know/think he's going to win very early.

I mean, you're giving him a personality analysis as evidence he knew in advanced the coup was going to happen - even if he 'shit his pants' in other events, that doesn't mean not shitting his pants in this one means he knew it in advanced. 

Even the information available to the public was enough to see the coup was failing by the time the US picked a side.  Kemal called it before Obama to be honest.  So with the resources available to POTUS he was extra cautious and had plenty of Intel before he made up his mind.

-signature removed for rules violation-

It was almost as successful as a new nation making an alliance in Orbis. haha

• Upvote 2

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

Even the information available to the public was enough to see the coup was failing by the time the US picked a side.  Kemal called it before Obama to be honest.  So with the resources available to POTUS he was extra cautious and had plenty of Intel before he made up his mind.

Exactly. So let me reiterate - if Kemal called out the failure of the coup what makes Kemal think that Erdogan - who has all the direct information needed - was supposed to be scared of this coup? Surely, he knew he was going to win quite early on.

I mean, what's more likely - the coup started and failed badly  - or the coup was an evil master plan involving erdogan?

Whether it was a false flag or real, the coup's been pretty convenient for Erdogan since he's now doing a purge of the military, media and educational institutions of Turkey.

Edited by Orraine

Exactly. So let me reiterate - if Kemal called out the failure of the coup what makes Kemal think that Erdogan - who has all the direct information needed - was supposed to be scared of this coup? Surely, he knew he was going to win quite early on.

I mean, what's more likely - the coup started and failed badly - or the coup was an evil master plan involving erdogan?

We are talking +/- hours. I think the regime thought it was winning or had a good momentum somewhere around hour 4ish when he started his movement from a securish location to the capital. I asseded at the time that the situation was fluid. Had some other elements joined the coup it could easily have gone the other way.

Obviously, the most likely was a legit but failed coup.

I mean, what's more likely - the coup started and failed badly  - or the coup was an evil master plan involving erdogan?

I think you misread my posts. I think Erdogan had direct information needed *because* he was not afraid. If he had no information, he should have been scared.

I called out the failure of the coup some hours after the coup began but some hours before the US threw their support behind Erdogan. So it was possible to guess that the coup would fail after watching the events for a few hours.

77oKn5K.png

@Rahl

By the way, I talked with some friends, and they claim that Erdogan or someone on his side said they had prior knowledge of the coup, so I think this answers our discussion. If my friend is not mistaken, my theory turned out to be correct.

Another friend claims that the general of the First Army is a Kemalist, and betrayed the Gulenists who undertook the coup, because they wanted to get rid of the Gulenists, and this was the perfect opportunity. But he also thinks that the Kemalists will do a coup of their own after observing Erdogan's madness post-coup.

77oKn5K.png

I think that is wishful thinking but who knows. 1st Army CMDR had his chance.

As far as thinking before hand one was likely vs knowing specifically, there is an obvious advantage in knowing specifics and that may have contributed. Or the plot had to fire early because of a defector. The regime was paranoid, or paying enough attention, to have counter-coup measures in place in advance.

supporters of democracy not supporting a democratically elected figure. Hypocrisy cannot be cured

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

it seemed to me that it was gendarmes vs military police and civilian police.

What civilian is out at 3am watching tv

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

I don't like Erdogan since he is a puppet of Nato and a enemy of islam but i'm happy these hypocrites lost

I wish Erdogan would change turkish law to Sharia but we all know that would never be possible when turkey is a Nato puppet

Edited by Moreau

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

But with Erdogan you have to give him some respect. He turned a country were women who wore hijab were attacked and Islam was forbidden into a turkey which funds islamic projects worldwide. He has done more for Islam than any other person

• Upvote 1

But with Erdogan you have to give him some respect. He turned a country were women who wore hijab were attacked and Islam was forbidden into a turkey which funds islamic projects worldwide. He has done more for Islam than any other person

He also lets Nato have airbases in turkey so they can bomb muslims in Syria and Iraq

I can agree that he also has done alot of good deeds for Turkey

Edited by Moreau

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

Ugh, the number of Sharia supporters here is just disgusting. Why don't you guys join ISIS and get a taste of "True Islam"? xdxd

Erdogan was democratically elected in the past, but he rigged two out of last three elections. The one he lost would have been his end were it not for the Ultranationalists (MHP) refusing to cooperate with the rest of the opposition.

• Upvote 4
77oKn5K.png