BREAKING NEWS: Parliament in Trouble

Tiggera

27 members of the house of commons were impeached by the Supreme Court after it was discovered they won the election by a rigged vote. The King has closed parliament for 2 weeks. The King has ordered that a full security update to Thundera's National Election System (T-NES). As for the 27 illegal parliament members, they have been sentenced to life in Thundera's most secured prison (controlled by SHIELD) and all of their cash (a total of 53,000,000 Thunder notes) has been revoked and given to the prison to continue its operations.

King of Thundera and Demigod of Economics

Corruption is terribly and can not be tolerated. We are happy to see this madness come to a halt. Though I feel that the King being able to Dismiss Parliament defeats the purpose of Democracy.

Sincerely,

The Red and Blue soldiers of Project Freelancer 

Corruption is terribly and can not be tolerated. We are happy to see this madness come to a halt. Though I feel that the King being able to Dismiss Parliament defeats the purpose of Democracy.

According to the Thunderan Constitution, the Thunderan Supreme Court can declare the King's dismissal unconstitutional.

Yeah but couldn't the King dismiss the Supreme Court? If they can't then I guess it works out but at the same time, the King probably chooses the Supreme Court Justices so why would they want to go against the person who put them where they are?

Sincerely,

Yeah but couldn't the King dismiss the Supreme Court? If they can't then I guess it works out but at the same time, the King probably chooses the Supreme Court Justices so why would they want to go against the person who put them where they are?

No... The King can't dismiss the Supreme Court, but Parliament can impeach justices.

According to the Thunderan Constitution: A) The King can dismiss parliament (which is just a way of ending the parliament's current session).The Supreme Court can declare a session dismissal Unconstitutional.

B) Parliament can impeach justices, but the King can pardon them allowing them to remain Justices.

If your wondering why the King has so much power, its because he's the King. Thundera is not a democracy and never prides itself of being one. But, Thundera does has some democratic functions/institutuons.

• Upvote 3

That is not what I had said........ I said doesn't the King select the Supreme Court. If I was selected by the King to be in the Supreme Court then I would not go against him. That is what i was stating. You sound like your doing alright anyway, I mean if you aren't a Democracy then why should we care if their is curropt politicians. They don't mean anything if the King has the real power.

Sincerely,

That is not what I had said........ I said doesn't the King select the Supreme Court. If I was selected by the King to be in the Supreme Court then I would not go against him. That is what i was stating. You sound like your doing alright anyway, I mean if you aren't a Democracy then why should we care if their is curropt politicians. They don't mean anything if the King has the real power.

Yes, the King does SELECT the justices, but Parliament APPROVES the justices. Also... Just because Thundera isn't a democracy, doesn't mean it makes it ok to have corrupt politicians. Also while the King does exercise a lot of power, its derived from the Thunderan Constitution which still puts limits and restrictions on him. Though it doesn't seem like it to a foreigner (someone born and raised outside of Thundera), if you read the Thunderan Constitution, the legislative branch (parliament) could be considered more powerful than the King since they're the only branch that can propose amendments to the constitution (the source of the king power) for a national vote(where some more of those democratic functions come into play).

FYI- Thundera is a Constitutional Monarchy. Also, the King can only dismiss one session per year (there are four session) and a dismissal can only last 2 weeks (each session last 3 months)

• Upvote 1