Does the 2nd Amendment apply to African-Americans?

Aisha Greyjoy

http://www.citypages.com/news/graphic-video-shows-black-man-bleeding-after-police-shooting-in-falcon-heights-video-8415016

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/06/us/baton-rouge-shooting-alton-sterling/

Both men had legal guns, both men were black, both were killed by police because they had a gun rather then because they did anything illegal or threatening.

• Upvote 3

Duke of House Greyjoy

The Second Amendment applies to all American citizens.

2598410a2381ef3d8a2eb9ec39d8ac90ab9c4c62

• Upvote 4

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

This is the most ridiculous thing ever, a white person gets killed and nobody cares but when a black person gets killed well its obviously because he was black. Disgusting racists. 

That said does anyone know which race commits the most crime relative to their population in the country?

• Upvote 5

IpHGyGc.png

This is the most ridiculous thing ever, a white person gets killed and nobody cares but when a black person gets killed well its obviously because he was black. Disgusting racists.

That said does anyone know which race commits the most crime relative to their population in the country?

Not gonna lie, as a black person, I agree. While I do think racism exists and police officers can abuse their power, it never seems that say a white person is killed by a black person race doesn't step into the equation. It also seems like this does overshadow some bigger issues blacks do face such as black on black crime (an issue from what I've researched does kill more blacks)

With that being said, yes, the second amendment does apply to blacks. I have family that do carry guns legally and don't have issues. From what I saw, one incident involved two cops who made a questionable call and in the other a cop made a judgement call (he saw a gun and thought the man was reaching for it even though the man might have just been reaching for his ID) and it was the wrong one.

Again, my interpretation of the situation.

• Upvote 3

Nerd To The Core

People taking offense to the fact that race is being brought up here are kind of missing the point. We can nit-pick and argue all we want about your sensitivity to the word race, but it doesn't change the fact that we have a problem which needs to be addressed.

People taking offense to the fact that race is being brought up here are kind of missing the point. We can nit-pick and argue all we want about your sensitivity to the word race, but it doesn't change the fact that we have a problem which needs to be addressed.

I think you missed the point, race is being used as the primary point. Yes police brutality is a problem but definitely is not the what they even care to address. 

IpHGyGc.png

Not saying police can't be racist (I know friends who met a few cops who come off as that), but I also don't believe it should be the go-to reason for when something like this happen and then set it in stone like some want to. I gave my interrpretation of what could have happened and I might be wrong and I'm prepared to admit if shown proof because I don't know the full story yet.

Point is, if you interpret it a certain way, fine, but don't set it in stone until everything is laid on the table.

Hope that makes sense

• Upvote 1

Nerd To The Core

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKGZnB41_e4

Race matters.  Race + Guns is a combination that must be considered.

TLDW; White guy open carries in town no problem.  Black guy gets swarmed by 10 cops.

Followup with conclusion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQhkMhdGUf8

Edited by Aisha Greyjoy

Duke of House Greyjoy