Mensa does something again

TellUrGrlThx

Not all games are competitions. You can view this game as one if you like, but I view it as a game where I can check in and nurture a nation and enjoy a friendly community with my alliancemates. 

Personally i'd disagree with you. This game is very competitive, as there are stats that are tracked and a nations overall score tied to it which are listed on a leader-board, that you are atop of currently. By playing the game in the manor you do, you are adding to you score. 

If you dont intend to be competitive. dont play in a manor that puts you in first. 

Edited by Callum
  • Upvote 1

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

Would it be better if Mensa simply wants you off green so that treasures have a better chance to spawn in Mensa nations? That's a pretty good reason to hit you and force those terms.

That'd make sense if they had asked first and used the threat of war as a bargaining chip, like NK did but instead of trying to get us off green, they asked for money.

That'd make sense if they had asked first and used the threat of war as a bargaining chip, like NK did but instead of trying to get us off green, they asked for money.

Different strokes for different folks. Still say you should've took the option

Wait, didn't your alliance refuse to pay NK because that would set a bad precedent?  Would you be willing to send us like 8 billion $ or something?

Please note: I am in leadership but not THE leader or FA so just asking a question.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

Why do people insist that the only true way to play this game is to be fighting all the time? The game is about politics and war. You go to war when politics necessitate it. I am pretty confident in saying that our politics definitely did not necessitate this war, so it's ultimately pointless, and it makes no sense to praise Mensa for "playing the game as it's meant to be played" by fighting us as I expect will be done in short order.

We were happy to just sit around building up our nations. That's why we exist. We are the players of this game, of equal stature to everyone else, who just want to build. Why not let us? Leave us be, you guys can do your thing while we do ours. Warring is fun for most players, those who are in non-neutral alliances, who open themselves up to the possibility of war. But why insist that the players who joined an alliance and abide by strict neutrality, specifically for the purpose of avoiding war, also go to war? We became neutrals because we want to not go to war, so why ruin our fun? What did we ever do to you? We're not pacifists of course, but we only fight defensively, so we may as well be.

Anyways, I know this will get misinterpreted to hell and back and the train will keep on chugging along to page 50 or whatever. I just want to say it for the record, this war is utterly pointless and accomplishes nothing in the end but to bring our and Mensa's score down, there are no politics at play here.

And I lifted my self-imposed gag order.

Despite liking war myself and being in tS I 100% agree with this. The animosity towards neutrals and the disgust towards neutrality really baffles me. I don't really support this war and wish I were large enough/stock piled to ghost GPA and help fight with it, but alas it is not to be.

Silver lining though you get to have some war drills and learn how to best utilize the game mechanics to defend yourselves (max airforce and planes and well coordinated blitzes and counters is pretty much it).

Wait, didn't your alliance refuse to pay NK because that would set a bad precedent?  Would you be willing to send us like 8 billion $ or something?

Please note: I am in leadership but not THE leader or FA so just asking a question.

You'll have to ask GPA leadership about that. I wouldn't be willing to do so, but I'm not leadership. I'm just saying that it was never an option to begin with so our hypothetical refusal can't be used as the official justification for war now.

Does this kid not even know who Mensa is?

CBs are for those who feel the need to justify their actions. We do what we want to do and have no issue with those who don't like it because we don't care. Fight back and maybe in a round or two if your gov ever wakes up we might let you go

• Upvote 6

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

In response to your claim that politics did not necessitate this war: "Politics" is not just a function of your actions and preferences, but also those of the other players. This war could have happened just because we wanted to pad our total infra destroyed and unit kills, and that would still be legitimate. But there is actually an economic explanation as to why this war makes sense, so I will skip to that.

GPA is a neutral alliance, and attracts players who want to farm rather than fight. The alliances who enter wars periodically are in an infinite cycle where they have to rebuild their economic capabilities every time they enter war. For Mensa HQ, this cycle is generally 2 months. Every 2 months, we lose the expensive part of our infrastructure, and have to rebuild. This is one of the reasons why you will see very few Mensa HQ players build infrastructure above the 1500-1700 band, where the infra pays for itself in less than 2 months, making it a worthwhile investment.

The alliances who actually go to war every once in a while are in a competition for score/economic capabilities since these determine how much force they can bring into a battle (whether they can make good use of those capabilities is another question). In this race for highest relative power, alliances that have rivalries with each other want their rivals to go into war now and then so that they get their infrastructure and war chests trimmed, so that they do not become inordinately powerful.

After clarifying this, let's come back to the oddity that is GPA. GPA never enters any wars unless forced. This enables their players to build infrastructure sky-high, thus allowing them also to benefit from economic projects that are only useful if you have very high infra (think of the project that increases the commerce cap, or the project that increases the effectiveness of farms). Add on top of this low military upkeep and virtually zero costs of building troops (steel, alum) and conducting attacks (gas, mun), and a player of equal age in GPA will be leagues ahead of players of same age from a purely economic point of view.

In such a dynamic system where all alliances fight periodically, but one does not; as time moves forward, the alliances that fight will stabilize around a certain infra/city average, whereas the alliance that does not fight continually grows. If nothing is done, the alliance that does not fight will dominate the whole economy by sheer size given enough time.

What we observe agrees with the theory. Since all other alliances were in constant warfare, GPA outgrew all of them and became the alliance with highest total score. Add on top of this the fact that you generally have a low militarization percentage, and that means your relative economic power is even more than what your relative score suggests.

Other alliances should have also been able to understand what was happening, and coordinate to cut GPA down to size, completely due to these economic reasons. But this did not happen, probably because most alliances are more worried about falling behind their immediate enemies in relative strength than a threat that is very distant.

Mensa HQ, on the other hand, lives for the thrill of war. And thus the Holy Warriors of Dio Brando decided to embark upon this crusade, and save Orbis from domination by the green menace. ZA WARUDO!

Disclaimer: The analysis and conclusions set forth are those of the author and do not indicate concurrence by other members of Mensa HQ or the Intelligentsia.

I can't say that I see what threat we pose when we grow massive. Unless you mean the hypothetical threat that we all suddenly and without warning turn un-neutral and start trying to dominate the game, which would never happen because the alliance would be disbanded the moment the announcement is made.

It's better if admit that you rolled us just because. It's not something to be proud of, but I can at least respect the honesty in admitting that it's the real reason. We posed no threat, present or future, we had no political affiliation with your enemies, or anything like that. We were just there, and relatively helpless since we don't have allies, and you wanted to attack somebody.

• Upvote 1

I can't say that I see what threat we pose when we grow massive. Unless you mean the hypothetical threat that we all suddenly and without warning turn un-neutral and start trying to dominate the game, which would never happen because the alliance would be disbanded the moment the announcement is made.

It's better if admit that you rolled us just because. It's not something to be proud of, but I can at least respect the honesty in admitting that it's the real reason. We posed no threat, present or future, we had no political affiliation with your enemies, or anything like that. We were just there, and relatively helpless since we don't have allies, and you wanted to attack somebody.

Did you even read what he said? He didn't say you'll stop being neutral, but that you'll control the economy of the game given enough time.

• Upvote 3

The threat is not that you'll turn un-natural. The threat is that you end up controlling the economy of Orbis. Given enough time and left undisturbed, you'll grow enough to hold significant market power. Almost monopoly power really. With such power even without getting involved in the game militarily, you can cause enough headache for other alliances economically. It's better to arrest your economic power right now than to do it later when you already have control.

• Upvote 2

The threat is not that you'll turn un-natural. The threat is that you end up controlling the economy of Orbis. Given enough time and left undisturbed, you'll grow enough to hold significant market power. Almost monopoly power really. With such power even without getting involved in the game militarily, you can cause enough headache for other alliances economically. It's better to arrest your economic power right now than to do it later when you already have control.

How will our economies being huge give other alliances' headaches if the economies aren't being used to power war machines?

I guess you could make the argument that we could begin manipulating the global market, but I doubt we could ever reach a point where we could really do that and succeed.

And what stops GPA from changing it's policy in future? People come and go, as do ideas. Who says some new leader in future won't go towards more militant/agressive policys?

Edited by DragonK
  • Upvote 2

tvPWtuA.gif

First five counters are all from the same player. Godspeed Private Buns.

Saving_Private_Buns.png

Is there a leader that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no KyÅ«seishu Futarime no RikudÅ Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him ChikushÅdÅ, ShuradÅ, TendÅ, NingendÅ, JigokudÅ, GakidÅ, GedÅ, BanshÅ Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu SÅzÅ) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, FÅ«ton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, YÅton and even OnmyÅton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a ShakujÅ because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine GudÅdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered RikudÅ Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai KÅtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I’m definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye’s spinach. I’m talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye’s spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.

• Upvote 6

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.

And what stops GPA from cahnging it's policy in future? People come and go, as do ideas. Who says some new leader in future won't go towards more militant/agressive policys?

Well, the entire appeal of the GPA is that we're neutral, so the people who came to the GPA for that reason would just leave and start their own alliance most likely. The new, aggressive "GPA" would be GPA-in-name-only.

Did you even read what he said? He didn't say you'll stop being neutral, but that you'll control the economy of the game given enough time.

I just see a bunch of people launching a sneak attack on another bunch of people during a time period where many of the people in the target alliance are away from their computers celebrating a holiday.

But if GPA was planning to use economics as a weapon, they wouldn't even be the first alliance to do so.

Have fun I suppose.

I just see a bunch of people launching a sneak attack on another bunch of people during a time period where many of the people in the target alliance are away from their computers celebrating a holiday.

But if GPA was planning to use economics as a weapon, they wouldn't even be the first alliance to do so.

Have fun I suppose.

Says one of the few butthurt who had no idea Mensa was talking about rolling GPA for months openly

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Have fun I suppose.

"Sneak Attack"  I like this.

Mensa leadership: "We are going to roll GPA"

Mensa Members: "We are going to roll GPA"

Mensa: Remains militarized

Rolls GPA in a "sneak attack"

///////////

Are you slow or something?  I am being mostly serious in this question.

• Upvote 5

-signature removed for rules violation-