Mensa does something again

TellUrGrlThx

I'd say "have fun" but you're Mensa and you're hitting GPA... you're gonna be having fun.

I guess like. Try NOT to have fun. Just to be perverse.

Good luck to GPA, as well. :)

Against Mensa?

They're gonna need all the luck they can get.  :popcorn:

Yeah idk why GPA exists. Just lays the seeds for mediocrity and stagnation that I would rather not see on Orbis. Have fun Mensa.

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

Is this GPA vs the world 2.0?

Its a fair one on one. More than fair; GPA was stronger at least on paper and they ignored the warning signs.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Riperoni. Have some fun bois. 

tumblr_inline_nfnzswS6lU1rv127w.gif

To arms.

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

Its a fair one on one. More than fair; GPA was stronger at least on paper and they ignored the warning signs.

Warning signs like leadership saying "MENSA is going to roll GPA"?  We try to keep things pretty confusing for Orbis ya know.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

Warning signs like leadership saying "MENSA is going to roll GPA"? We try to keep things pretty confusing for Orbis ya know.

Warning signs like

"MENSA SOMEHOW GETS BACK TO PREWAR STATS; SUDDEN INCREASE IN SCORE SINCE PACIFIC WAR" signs. :P

Plus, there was always talk of roll GPA.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Warning signs like

"MENSA SOMEHOW GETS BACK TO PREWAR STATS; SUDDEN INCREASE IN SCORE SINCE PACIFIC WAR" signs. :P

Plus, there was always talk of roll GPA.

We were at 56% militarization and went all the way to 57% -or 57 to 58 depending on maths.  So a sudden increase being a few people rebuilding a bit I suppose =)

If we jump 1% and you think that means war you might be misreading the tea leaves.

We went up in alliance ranking because we did not demil I think (did not really check).  Ummm, we normally do not demil until others have though so maybe that was confusing.

But we were pretty clear about it.  Maybe GPA though we would not be ready post the other war?

-signature removed for rules violation-

Why do people insist that the only true way to play this game is to be fighting all the time? The game is about politics and war. You go to war when politics necessitate it. I am pretty confident in saying that our politics definitely did not necessitate this war, so it's ultimately pointless, and it makes no sense to praise Mensa for "playing the game as it's meant to be played" by fighting us as I expect will be done in short order.

We were happy to just sit around building up our nations. That's why we exist. We are the players of this game, of equal stature to everyone else, who just want to build. Why not let us? Leave us be, you guys can do your thing while we do ours. Warring is fun for most players, those who are in non-neutral alliances, who open themselves up to the possibility of war. But why insist that the players who joined an alliance and abide by strict neutrality, specifically for the purpose of avoiding war, also go to war? We became neutrals because we want to not go to war, so why ruin our fun? What did we ever do to you? We're not pacifists of course, but we only fight defensively, so we may as well be.

Anyways, I know this will get misinterpreted to hell and back and the train will keep on chugging along to page 50 or whatever. I just want to say it for the record, this war is utterly pointless and accomplishes nothing in the end but to bring our and Mensa's score down, there are no politics at play here.

And I lifted my self-imposed gag order.

• Upvote 6

Why do people insist that the only true way to play this game is to be fighting all the time? The game is about politics and war. You go to war when politics necessitate it. I am pretty confident in saying that our politics definitely did not necessitate this war, so it's ultimately pointless, and it makes no sense to praise Mensa for "playing the game as it's meant to be played" by fighting us as I expect will be done in short order.

We were happy to just sit around building up our nations. That's why we exist. We are the players of this game, of equal stature to everyone else, who just want to build. Why not let us? Leave us be, you guys can do your thing while we do ours. Warring is fun for most players, those who are in non-neutral alliances, who open themselves up to the possibility of war. But why insist that the players who joined an alliance and abide by strict neutrality, specifically for the purpose of avoiding war, also go to war? We became neutrals because we want to not go to war, so why ruin our fun? What did we ever do to you? We're not pacifists of course, but we only fight defensively, so we may as well be.

Anyways, I know this will get misinterpreted to hell and back and the train will keep on chugging along to page 50 or whatever. I just want to say it for the record, this war is utterly pointless and accomplishes nothing in the end but to bring our and Mensa's score down, there are no politics at play here.

shots fired

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't say this war is pointless, the point is actually to bring your score down :) 

• Upvote 1

You guys are #1. That's a great reason to go to war.

• Upvote 1
6XmKiC2.png

You guys are #1. That's a great reason to go to war.

A great apolitical reason to go to war, which is what I was getting at. This has no political cause, and is thus at least as antithetical to the game's supposed "purpose" as our being neutral in the first place.

• Upvote 1

A great apolitical reason to go to war, which is what I was getting at. This has no political cause, and is thus at least as antithetical to the game's supposed "purpose" as our being neutral in the first place.

So is GPA going to fight against it? Or will half of the membership run away again?

Greatkitteh was here.-

That's a bit hypocritical considering GPA doesn't engage in politics, but feels like other people need a political reason for a war to be justified.

That's my point. We don't engage in politics because we want to avoid getting into wars. Mensa can't possibly have a political reason to go to war with us. They're just doing it for no real, justifiable reason other than "we want to", which puts them squarely on the same level as us when it comes to not playing the game "like you're supposed to".

It gets even worse when you realize that we have no allies so they're picking on the one alliance that not only doesn't really prepare for war, but also doesn't even have allies to help it. It's just... sure, I guess, have fun, but it's not an accomplishment. Not at all.

Why do people insist that the only true way to play this game is to be fighting all the time? 

Because if you dont war the game stagnates. 

I dont think you can give Mensa shit for not being political. while you dont engage in war. 

It's Called "Politics And War" for a reason. 

Edited by Callum
  • Upvote 2

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

The game is a game, a competition. You shouldn't expect to win (be #1) without having anyone compete with you, nor should you anticipate everyone will choose the same restrictions you place upon yourself. 

Not all games are competitions. You can view this game as one if you like, but I view it as a game where I can check in and nurture a nation and enjoy a friendly community with my alliancemates. We knew the moment we hit #1 at first a few months ago that it would make us a target, but there's not much we can do but sell off infrastructure or whatever. We just hoped that our neutrality would send a message that we're not a threat, there's nothing to worry about with us, and hoped that would be enough for people to leave us alone. Guess not, here we are. So be it, I suppose.