OOC slander, grieving.

Prefonteen

Here's a big shock for you. Lots of things about humanity is really stupid. Empathy is something that keeps us from killing each other, but left unchecked and you stop caring about what is right.

"You think bad things that happen to people are subjects for your amusement."

... where? Please give me some examples.

This is what I've done in the only situation that you've brought up so far.

I said "If it's not a no, it's a yes". Boom. Someone gets triggered, brings up their past, gets everyone triggered about nothing. Why? Too much empathy.

You're trying really hard.

6XmKiC2.png

Let's take this instance: The matter is brought into the world via pm's to *other people*. The problem with that is that it helps create a rumor about my personal affairs (a lie deliberately made to discredit me). Let's assume my members were more gullible and this did not reach me. Classic telephone play would contort the rumor and eventually there is the possibility of this one action affecting my interactions with the rest of my alliance and/or the game. Now, this is an extreme scenario but it is within the realm of possibilities. I am not necessarily offended by the comment in itself. I do however take care to protect myself from potential occurrences as described above, because I have *seen* it happen to others. I think you are misinterpreting the nature of my 'taking offense' here.

Even if it was a member of mine being treated as such, I would have taken the same action. 

I'm simply staying on the topic of you, individually, getting irate for what i said. (not you as in you, you as any 1 person)Sure, words being rumored around can cause all kinds of complications. Hence why i'm not arguing against it.

You're trying really hard.

Your face is poopy.

Icwalk.gif

Yes because feeling bad for someone who has been raped means I'm too empathic. Ya...ok...

There's a difference between feeling bad because of the rape and feeling bad because they needlessly bring it up when they can INSTANTLY ignore you, or better yet, LEAVE THE CHAT.

The damage has already been done. It's not like being nice will undo the rape, in which this social dynamic is basically saying, if it tried to be logical.

Icwalk.gif

So has the damage been done by you bringing it up. Your not understanding that. They can click ignore on you, but you've already brought the subject up which the mere doing so is enough to trigger many rape victims. It's just not something you talk about or joke about. Along with many, many subjects.

Edited by Keksalot

I'm simply staying on the topic of you, individually, getting irate for what i said. (not you as in you, you as any 1 person)Sure, words being rumored around can cause all kinds of complications. Hence why i'm not arguing against it.

Your face is poopy.

Fair enough. I'm not going to get into that argument as it's seperate from the topic at hand. Just seemed necessary to clarify. :)

os9LcJK.gif

So has the damage been done by you bringing it up. Your not understanding that. They can click ignore on you, but you've already brought the subject up which the mere doing so is enough to trigger many rape victims. It's just not something you talk about or joke about. Along with many, many subjects.

Thing is, once you've applied this logic to a normal subject, then it becomes extremely silly and self-centered to get triggered.

So, what's the difference between this subject and a non-triggering one? Oh yeah, THE PERSON GETTING OFFENDED.

It's one thing for life to !@#$ you over and put you in a bad scenario.

It's another to take it out on people who have done nothing wrong to you.

What about the rape victim's empathy? You think we enjoy you getting triggered?

Icwalk.gif

There's a difference between feeling bad because of the rape and feeling bad because they needlessly bring it up when they can INSTANTLY ignore you, or better yet, LEAVE THE CHAT.

The damage has already been done. It's not like being nice will undo the rape, in which this social dynamic is basically saying, if it tried to be logical.

Why should you be allowed to bully people out of the forum/chat?

Why should you be allowed to bully people out of the forum/chat?

Bully? A bully needs to have at least a little bit of power in order to be a bully. If you can instantly shut me up forever at any moment and choose not to, i'm not a bully. You're CHOOSING to get triggered. Sure, the first thing i say, you had no idea what i was going to say before you read it. But after that, you can instantly nullify my potential "harm".

Now to actually answer your question (although it doesn't make sense), because there's no problems. If you have the right not to hear me, i should have the right to say what i want. Because logically, eventually no one should be offended by me, because everyone will have me ignored.

It's almost as if people WANT to be triggered. They get off on the fact that someone accidentally triggered them and now they can get what they want.

Icwalk.gif

Bully? A bully needs to have at least a little bit of power in order to be a bully. If you can instantly shut me up forever at any moment and choose not to, i'm not a bully. You're CHOOSING to get triggered. Sure, the first thing i say, you had no idea what i was going to say before you read it. But after that, you can instantly nullify my potential "harm".

Now to actually answer your question (although it doesn't make sense), because there's no problems. If you have the right not to hear me, i should have the right to say what i want. Because logically, eventually no one should be offended by me, because everyone will have me ignored.

It's almost as if people WANT to be triggered. They get off on the fact that someone accidentally triggered them and now they can get what they want.

You don't get to say "I'm going to be a dick all I want, and if you don't like it, then you can leave." You don't get to blame others for your own lack of social skills or self-awareness.

You don't get to say "I'm going to be a dick all I want, and if you don't like it, then you can leave." You don't get to blame others for your own lack of social skills or self-awareness.

That's not what i'm saying at all. I'm saying:

"It's your fault for being offended"

"If you're all about being nice, consider how others might feel when you get triggered"

"Someone doing something to you doesn't give you the right to do something to innocents"

You say i have a lack of social skills and self awareness. But you argue this by basically saying i'm self centered.

So, encumbering others with your past traumas or experiences ISN'T self-centered? 

Your emotions. Your problem. Having a sense of self responsibility doesn't mean you don't have social skills.

People who get offended extremely easy aren't worth spending time with. <---- my opinion, but has a little bit of facts in it

Edited by Peacity Peace
Icwalk.gif

Bully? A bully needs to have at least a little bit of power in order to be a bully. 

If i could cause you to remember horrible pains with a couple words, messing you up for days... Is that NOT power?

If i could cause you to remember horrible pains with a couple words, messing you up for days... Is that NOT power?

That's like saying i have the power to completely crush your body with 1 nudge.

But in actuality, you put yourself on the edge of skyscraper. 

I'm only as strong as you let me be, hence, you have all the power. 

Icwalk.gif

this is oddly philosophical

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

r0JBBYI.jpg

Pictured: the thickness of Partisan's skin.

But seriously, unless you're holding some far worse chat log in reserve, there's no doubt in my mind that Nicholas Saint had 0 intention of insinuating you're actually an IRL sex offender. That was just banter, a ridiculous joke that can't be taken seriously. You want a ban for that? You're right about needing a break.

• Upvote 3

That's like saying i have the power to completely crush your body with 1 nudge.

But in actuality, you put yourself on the edge of skyscraper. 

I'm only as strong as you let me be, hence, you have all the power. 

You seriously don't get it do you?

You can't really take back that ability to not be hurt by it. That's taken with your humanization.

You seriously don't get it do you?

You can't really take back that ability to not be hurt by it. That's taken with your humanization.

Getting triggered not possible? Arguable.

Showing your triggeredness to others instead of ignoring or leaving the chat for a while possible? Definitely

I'm not asking for you to block your emotions, just to control them.

Icwalk.gif

So the legal argument is interesting. Lets consider forum modding as an example:

My signature was removed for having an extra hard return in it - no words or pictures just an extra hard return. No joke. I have been warned for a legit non-troll reply in a modding thread. If that is the floor for standards of behavior then its pretty hard to argue that the reported PM is anything other than an infraction. And that infraction deserves a pretty strong response given the standards listed.

-signature removed for rules violation-