OOC slander, grieving.

Prefonteen

He never said he was a sex offender. He asked a question. This is a clear cut case of using moderation to harass our alliance/membership. Partisan held onto it for two months and never mentioned it to anyone. it's obvious this caused him no grief, nor did he take offense to it.

Technically I held onto it for 2 months and gave it to him today. I also forget the bit in the ToS where it said it was okay to break them as long as you weren't reported within xxx amount of time. Not going to dignify anything else said by you or Aero with a direct response. It's ridiculous and is almost painful to read.

Honestly you and he should be banned for defending that behaviour. Endorsing that behaviour is worse than the behaviour itself.

For anyone not biased the underlying implication is that Partiboi is a SO and you guys are straight up defending that behaviour. 

Edited by EliteCanada

Technically I held onto it for 2 months and gave it to him today. I also forget the bit in the ToS where it said it was okay to break them as long as you weren't reported within xxx amount of time. Not going to dignify anything else said by you or Aero with a direct response. It's ridiculous and is almost painful to read.

Honestly you and he should be banned for defending that behaviour. Endorsing that behaviour is worse than the behaviour itself.

For anyone not biased the underlying implication is that Partiboi is a SO and you guys are straight up defending that behaviour. 

Is there anyone else you would like to have banned while we are on a roll?  Perhaps if you could make a list of all people who are deserving of being banned it will save everyone a whole lot of time.

Had he said "Partisan is a registered sex offender" I wouldn't be here. But Partisan wants action for asking a question of is he one? Why not just tell the guy who asked to leave OOC OOC and IC IC. Hell you all do it to Steve telling him what he claims is OOC isn't at all. You're crying literally over nothing lol. Also the rule of time on an offense. There is always an unwritten statute of limitations. Even on real crime...

Banner for PnW.png

Is there anyone else you would like to have banned while we are on a roll?  Perhaps if you could make a list of all people who are deserving of being banned it will save everyone a whole lot of time.

Well since you asked.

EC's List:

Those implying others are SOs and those defending that behaviour.

No room here or anywhere else for that.

There is always an unwritten statute of limitations. Even on real crime...

You're literally full of shit. Real life crime doesn't have an unwritten statute of limitations nor here. 

Well since you asked.

EC's List:

Those implying others are SOs and those defending that behaviour.

No room here or anywhere else for that.

You're literally full of shit. Real life crime doesn't have an unwritten statute of limitations nor here. 

You're right. I don't go to Law School or anything :D. Either way you wanna talk about bias. Im not Alpha or t$ so my opinion on the matter isn't biased at all

• Upvote 1

Banner for PnW.png

We either have rules against OOC attacks or we don't. If you lot want to cry foul when someone says mean things about you but then support throwing around sex offender accusations then feel free to carry on doing so. Don't expect much sympathy in return though when you can't take what you dish out to others.

anigif_enhanced-8111-1409182785-12.gif

Edited by Night King

Untitled.png

Appreciate the commitment to keeping the community clean, which I'll take at face value because you've clearly had a couple months to consider your position carefully.

• Upvote 1

Once again you say you don't care what others think and yet.. here we are. Either A) you really do care or B) You have something else going on.

*facepalms*

The comment doesn't have to bother someone to be against the rules. Partisan doesn't give a !@#$ on a personal level. He cares about people calling or implying people are sex offenders because it's toxic !@#$ing behaviour.

Maybe I'll just go around and start asking everyone if Steve is a pedo. It's just a question.

• Upvote 1
6XmKiC2.png

Appreciate the commitment to keeping the community clean, which I'll take at face value because you've clearly had a couple months to consider your position carefully.

^ Don't think you read this, Auctor.

Partisan, you probably should have posted this in the "Game Reports" forum, which is Non-Discussion. At the very least we'd have less people in here complaining about your temerity in reporting this.

To those who have an issue with his report: If this was a PM that one of your members received from, say, someone in Mensa, would you really be making the same arguments about how it's really not a big deal, really isn't OOC, etc? Truthfully I'm not sure you would. And if you would dismiss it as "not a big deal", that also worries me. A lot of us (AlmightyGrub, I'm thinking of you specifically here) have seen the communities of other games deteriorate and start tolerating things that would have been absolutely abhorrent to them in the early days. Politics and War doesn't have to be one of those places, and frankly, I personally would really like a relatively clean place where implying that people are sex offenders, or making jokes about a fellow player's AIDS, etc is found unacceptable. This is a report that would have, and should have, been made regardless of who made the implication. If they thought they were making a joke, it was a tasteless joke that deserves at the very least a look from a moderator.

In the meantime, however, I'd dearly love to believe our community is better than to automatically excuse this kind of behavior. If someone says or does something jacked up that crosses the OOC line, we need to be better at self-policing in the first place, and certainly not try to get in the way of Moderation if someone feels it is appropriate to escalate the issue to them.

You're right. I don't go to Law School or anything :D. Either way you wanna talk about bias. Im not Alpha or t$ so my opinion on the matter isn't biased at all

EliteCanada is correct though. Statutes of limitations, at least within the US, are quite explicitly written laws (they may have been passed as standalone, they may have been part of an omnibus, but they were absolutely written, oftentimes within the same law that describes potential punishments or defines the crime itself). Some crimes, such as murder, don't have a statute of limitations, however after a long period of time, the defendant may find themselves in possession of a pretty strong dismissal case per the Sixth Amendment (right to a speedy trial).

Edited by Carmen Sandiego

Nicholas shouldn't have said it but a ban may be too far unless he's repeatedly done this. It's easy for people to say dumb stuff or make insinuations to in-game opponents out of temporary anger. I doubt he even knows much about you except that you're the opposing AA's leader.  Hopefully the moderation team deals with the issue in-game and gives a warning, warning point or some other penalty as mentioned earlier on. 

I don't think waiting on it was prudent since it's causing people to question it and it's making it into an IC issue regardless of your intent so naturally people will get defensive and see it as a way to go at them, but that's your decision. I can't really find a lot of  fault in some of the reactions as a result.  I think it would have made for sense for EliteCanada to file it sooner. 

Doing it after even though the IC issues persist doesn't really do much.

I just hope there is consistency in dealing with incidents. Hopefully everyone will subscribe to your belief that being a polarizing figure in a game shouldn't carry over to assessments of them as a person, but I really haven't seen it.

As I said, I'm unsure of whether a ban is in order unless he's a repeat offender. Individuals should ultimately pursued/disciplined unless their alliance leadership is aware of the actions and there have been failed attempts to straighten it out with them privately.

edit: clarified

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 1

I bet if the admin investigate the history of messages sent by that account they will find out this was not an isolated incident.

Anyway there is a huge difference between making assessments about someone as a person, and spreading the malicious lie that someone is a registered sex offender.

Edited by Ivan the Red

I bet if the admin investigate the history of messages sent by that account they will find out this was not an isolated incident.

Anyway there is a huge difference between making assessments about someone as a person, and spreading the malicious lie that someone is a registered sex offender.

Then if that account did it a lot of times and it was not an isolated incident, then the moderation staff should pursue a harsher penalty. I think that's fair.

It's outside of the boundaries of the game. I don't care to get into it further, but I'm glad Partisan appears to agree on something regardless of differences in-game.

Edited by Roquentin

I agree with Roquentin.  If this is repetitive behavior it should result in a ban.  Perhaps a temp ban of some days if an isolated infraction but I don't see how this would be just a warn point.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

I don't think waiting on it was prudent since it's causing people to question it and it's making it into an IC issue regardless of your intent so naturally people will get defensive and see it as a way to go at them, but that's your decision.

To be fair, Partisan could have done it immediately and still been accused of trying to use it for IC stuff. I really believe that would have happened either way. I disagree about finding fault in the reactions. It was an inappropriate comment, and that should be the focus here. Personally, I think Parti is going too far in indulging people in this thread who aren't showing a lick of class. But because the comments are about him, that's his right: it doesn't matter what I think.

Mods can deal with it, though, I am sure.

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

Uuuuuuuuuugh, i don't like something on the internet, better call it something serious like "harassment" or "abuse" to get attention.

Don't know what's worse, sex offenders or self-centered emotional idiots. They probably do the same amount of damage to the world.

• Upvote 3
Icwalk.gif

Uuuuuuuuuugh, i don't like something on the internet, better call it something serious like "harassment" or "abuse" to get attention.

Don't know what's worse, sex offenders or self-centered emotional idiots. They probably do the same amount of damage to the world.

You know this world would be a much better place if people could just go around calling anyone a rapist, SO, pedophile, that blessed C word, racial slurs or what have you. You're totally right !@#$ those over sensitive pricks. Bunch of SJWs.

On a more serious note it's disturbing how much of that attitude of yours seems to be shared around here. It's quite frankly deplorable.

P.S. Partiboi didn't say that he was offended by it at all or hurt just that it is inappropriate to insinuate that someone is a SO (or anything of the "like") just because you dislike the person (interestingly doing just that destroys people's careers IRL, but wait those guys were probably self-centred emotional idiots !@#$ them).

Edited by EliteCanada

You know this world would be a much better place if people could just go around calling anyone a rapist, SO, pedophile, that blessed C word, racial slurs or what have you. You're totally right !@#$ those over sensitive pricks. Bunch of SJWs.

On a more serious note it's disturbing how much of that attitude of yours seems to be shared around here. It's quite frankly deplorable.

FYI Partiboi didn't say that he was offended by it at all or hurt just that it is inappropriate to insinuate that someone is a SO (or anything of the "like") just because you dislike the person (interestingly doing just that destroys people's careers IRL, but wait those guys were probably self-centred emotional idiots !@#$ them).

The sad thing is people are raised to be emotional shitbags, and when you try to fix them, you can't because their emotions cloud their judgement.

They've hit rock bottom of in the area of emotions, and it's made out of super glue.

• Upvote 2
Icwalk.gif