OOC slander, grieving.

Prefonteen

My god man your taking it way to personal. Ive been called a whole lot worse and i never made a big deal out of it. He just need to get his warning point bruh.

I have in earlier topics made my concern for this community's regression rather clear. I do intend to do my part in keeping it clean.

os9LcJK.gif

So he should be banned for it ? For saying your a sex offender? Well he definitely deserves an award for making you this butthurt.The fact that you have the time to make such a big deal out of this is a little sad .

He never said he was a sex offender. He asked a question. This is a clear cut case of using moderation to harass our alliance/membership. Partisan held onto it for two months and never mentioned it to anyone. it's obvious this caused him no grief, nor did he take offense to it.

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Im no one in power however. Had you dealt with this as it happened instead of waiting until it is convenient for you to do so kinda imo makes it null in-void. These are from May 5th... its July 1st... Kinda like speeding in a car some get caught others don't and well. When you walk up to a cop and say hey i was speeding yesterday the cop is gonna just say well don't do it again and give em a slap on the wrist. But dude. I understand what you're doing but you're taking it way to personally. I know you're a snake but I thought they had rather thick skin...

Edited by Aero Xross
  • Upvote 2

Banner for PnW.png

that damn cockstain. needs to be taught a lesson

• Upvote 1

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

OHHHH and by the way. Since it's 2016 and everyone needs to be politically correct. Anything said about someone OOC in PnW is NOT slander but classified in a court of law as Libel. 

Banner for PnW.png

In-game Communication

All forms of in-game communication, including but not limited to, messaging, war declaration reasons, alliance announcements, leader, city, or nation names, and nation and alliance descriptions must be appropriate. Vulgar language, mean comments, Nazism or Nazi related names and titles, Terrorist organizations related names and titles etc. are not allowed and will result in your nation receiving a strike.

Harassment

Using in-game communication to flame, bait, troll, or otherwise harass other players will result in your nation receiving a strike, or in severe instances your account being banned.

Something is definitely warranted, yes. Harrassment as stated in the ToS is in severe cases a bannable offense. I believe false accusations regarding someone being a sex offender IRL (and sent to other people, making it impossible for the person in question to defend himself) constitutes that. Let sheepy be the judge.

Edited by Partisan

os9LcJK.gif

He never said he was a sex offender. He asked a question. This is a clear cut case of using moderation to harass our alliance/membership. Partisan held onto it for two months and never mentioned it to anyone. it's obvious this caused him no grief, nor did he take offense to it.

Knew this was coming. What grief is or isn't caused is not *yours* to determine.

Im no one in power however. Had you dealt with this as it happened instead of waiting until it is convenient for you to do so kinda imo makes it null in-void. These are from May 5th... its July 1st... Kinda like speeding in a car some get caught others don't and well. When you walk up to a cop and say hey i was speeding yesterday the cop is gonna just say well don't do it again and give em a slap on the wrist. But dude. I understand what you're doing but you're taking it way to personally. I know you're a snake but I thought they had rather thick skin...

That was a judgement call. I am certain that if I had done it in May, certain parties would have cried out moderation bias. So I waited until after the war and after I resigned from my IC position of power.

So you're saying that my concern for the above invalidates the severity of the matter? Strange. And again: My IC persona is irrelevant to this. We're talking in an OOC forum about an OOC matter. Can we keep the two seperate?

Edited by Partisan

os9LcJK.gif

If that were the case. I'd like the War Dec of "You're a disease and I'm the cure" to be removed from the game as being called a sickness hurts my feelings.

C'mon man really...

• Upvote 1

Banner for PnW.png

If that were the case. I'd like the War Dec of "You're a disease and I'm the cure" to be removed from the game as being called a sickness hurts my feelings.

C'mon man really...

That again has nothing to do with the specific naming and slandering of another player through a medium where he can not defend himself properly.

'c'mon man really...'

os9LcJK.gif

No where does he call Partisan a sex offender. Don't see how it violates the ToS. What hsould be included is using moderation as a means of harassment though. I suppose I should take this to the suggestion thread.

Bruh having your name in the same sentence with the words sex and offender should not result in a ban. Now go to sleep you dont want to be tired for daycare tomorrow.

Jesus you are thick. Terms have been violated, therefore action is required. It has little to nothing to do with 'my name being in the same sentence as'.

Let me elaborate.

IC, I play a persona which is at times controversial and polarizing. People are free to think of me as they wish as a result, and are free to call me what they wish, so long as it remains within the boundaries of the game. That invites the grudges and gameplay which propel this game. When people begin blurring RL into the game however, it is going to directly impede that dynamic. 

This occurrence is not new: It's happened in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), it's happened in a variety of other games. If no sanctions are placed on the blurring of IC/RL lines, said lines will continue to blur more severely. This can eventually have severe repercussions (again: This too has been observed a variety of times). People will eventually take matters overboard.

When I play a game, I do it for fun. I think that counts for you, and most others as well. False accusations of being a sex offender do not fit into the mindset or the community. They have no bearing on the game and frankly, moderation was created to combat these kinds of issues specifically.

No where does he call Partisan a sex offender. Don't see how it violates the ToS. What hsould be included is using moderation as a means of harassment though. I suppose I should take this to the suggestion thread.

I should note that the perpetrator in question is a member of James' alliance, indicating clear bias in keeping his name cleared.

os9LcJK.gif

Jesus you are thick. Terms have been violated, therefore action is required. It has little to nothing to do with 'my name being in the same sentence as'.

Let me elaborate.

IC, I play a persona which is at times controversial and polarizing. People are free to think of me as they wish as a result, and are free to call me what they wish, so long as it remains within the boundaries of the game. That invites the grudges and gameplay which propel this game. When people begin blurring RL into the game however, it is going to directly impede that dynamic. 

This occurrence is not new: It's happened in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), it's happened in a variety of other games. If no sanctions are placed on the blurring of IC/RL lines, said lines will continue to blur more severely. This can eventually have severe repercussions (again: This too has been observed a variety of times). People will eventually take matters overboard.

When I play a game, I do it for fun. I think that counts for you, and most others as well. False accusations of being a sex offender do not fit into the mindset or the community. They have no bearing on the game and frankly, moderation was created to combat these kinds of issues specifically.

I should note that the perpetrator in question is a member of James' alliance, indicating clear bias in keeping his name cleared.

No one accused Partisan of being a sex offender. The post is two months old and went unaddressed.  

Does the moderation staff have the actual PM in their records? Why was it not reported when it happened?

-snip- People are free to think of me as they wish as a result, and are free to call me what they wish, so long as it remains within the boundaries of the game.-snip-    

Apparently not... by this explanation. They woulda had to have called you by your real name in order for them to call you anything OOC. granted they don't know it but by the explanation you gave you don't care what they think of you IC and since they said Partisan when they ASKED THE QUESTION "Is Partisan a registered sex offender". Partisan is your in game name. Therefore, an in game question. The answer is no... move on :D 

With that I am done

Banner for PnW.png

No one accused Partisan of being a sex offender. The post is two months old and went unaddressed.  

Does the moderation staff have the actual PM in their records? Why was it not reported when it happened?

I explained this literally 5 minutes ago. With that, I will cease replying to you and await sheepy.

os9LcJK.gif

I explained this literally 5 minutes ago. With that, I will cease replying to you and await sheepy.

You addressed neither of my questions. I'll also add how is it a "Statement" and how is it OOC?

Edited by James II

Apparently not... by this explanation. They woulda had to have called you by your real name in order for them to call you anything OOC. granted they don't know it but by the explanation you gave you don't care what they think of you IC and since they said Partisan when they ASKED THE QUESTION "Is Partisan a registered sex offender". Partisan is your in game name. Therefore, an in game question. The answer is no... move on :D

With that I am done

By that logic:

There is no such thing as a 'registry of sex offenders' in PW. Ergo, the only frame of reference could have been RL, making this a clear OOC comment.

But honestly, we're arguing semantics now. You know well as I what was inferred here, and if you choose to look for ways to make it look acceptable, then that is your prerogative. I for one won't, and will stick with my request for sheepy to take action.

os9LcJK.gif

Surely if you were looking to do anything other than grandstand about it, you would have simply messaged the Admin.  At the end of the day I find this kind of behavior to be infantile and it should be treated as such.  If you must ''take offence'' then do so quietly without the faux outrage. 

The TOS is the loosest document written, it has no legal value at all.  If Admin chooses to take action then so be it, the opinions of everyone else, including the OP are completely irrelevant.

The whole community needs to do a whole lot better across the board.  We could start right now for example.

• Upvote 3

Surely if you were looking to do anything other than grandstand about it, you would have simply messaged the Admin.  At the end of the day I find this kind of behavior to be infantile and it should be treated as such.  If you must ''take offence'' then do so quietly without the faux outrage. 

The TOS is the loosest document written, it has no legal value at all.  If Admin chooses to take action then so be it, the opinions of everyone else, including the OP are completely irrelevant.

The whole community needs to do a whole lot better across the board.  We could start right now for example.

It's quite evident that it does not matter what I do or do not do. t$ IC opponents will look for a way to denounce us while refusing to to look at their own actions. Frankly, I have little faith left in the use of private channels (in part due to the last time a more severe attack occurred that was not related to Alpha, where I contacted admin privately and the results were not satisfactory). 

It also does not help that this is not an isolated incident. There's been a lot more of this over the past few months and none of it was handled. The eumir matter was privately brought up with sheepy as well, for example.

I chose public and will continue to choose public for these matters henceforth. Because frankly, I don't really care what you think. Is this not the purpose of the moderation subforum?

os9LcJK.gif

It's quite evident that it does not matter what I do or do not do. t$ IC opponents will look for a way to denounce us while refusing to to look at their own actions. Frankly, I have little faith left in the use of private channels (in part due to the last time a more severe attack occurred that was not related to Alpha, where I contacted admin privately and the results were not satisfactory). 

It also does not help that this is not an isolated incident. There's been a lot more of this over the past few months and none of it was handled. The eumir matter was privately brought up with sheepy as well, for example.

I chose public and will continue to choose public for these matters henceforth. Because frankly, I don't really care what you think. Is this not the purpose of the moderation subforum?

Once again you say you don't care what others think and yet.. here we are. Either A) you really do care or B) You have something else going on. 

Banner for PnW.png

You have made your complaint, now you are just trying really hard.  I personally couldn't care less about the value of my opinion.  If your desire is to complain about the standard of moderation then perhaps that should have been the focus of the OP.  You need to develop some focus to your outrage.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

Once again you say you don't care what others think and yet.. here we are. Either A) you really do care or B) You have something else going on. 

I thought that was your last comment?

Anyhow- at this point, i've said all that's needed to say. You are free to question me for *daring* to report someone for indecent behavior, or you can look at the actual infraction. Enjoy :).

os9LcJK.gif