Tax Rates

Dillon A McCann

Well, as sovereign entities, alliances should have the freedom to display whichever information they see fit.

I for one couldn't care less about an alliance's tax rates, coz I assume such tax rates have been implemented for the greater good of the alliance.

I think people who join an alliance, because their taxes are low, do it for the wrong reasons.

I can see those people immediately leaving that alliance if taxes rise considerably.

An alliance is supposed to be a team.

An AA made of people who are just seeking low taxes is quite likely to struggle a lot more when the going gets tough, because most will look for the easy way out.

Alliances that don't display their tax rates have a clear advantage imo - a member who joins that alliance will likely stick around, regardless of potential tax rate fluctuations.

You don't have to be a genius to realize that people who specifically seek low taxes aren't the greatest team players.

I don't mean to offend anyone, just my 2 cents...

• Upvote 5

Well, as sovereign entities, alliances should have the freedom to display whichever information they see fit.

I for one couldn't care less about an alliance's tax rates, coz I assume such tax rates have been implemented for the greater good of the alliance.

I think people who join an alliance, because their taxes are low, do it for the wrong reasons.

I can see those people immediately leaving that alliance if taxes rise considerably.

An alliance is supposed to be a team.

An AA made of people who are just seeking low taxes is quite likely to struggle a lot more when the going gets tough, because most will look for the easy way out.

Alliances that don't display their tax rates have a clear advantage imo - a member who joins that alliance will likely stick around, regardless of potential tax rate fluctuations.

You don't have to be a genius to realize that people who specifically seek low taxes aren't the greatest team players.

I don't mean to offend anyone, just my 2 cents...

Nations are sovereign entities too you know.

Raising tax rates is like using a bigger hammer thinking you'll hit harder.

A tiny hammer is almost as useful as no hammer, and a ginormous one is only useful if you can lift it.

High taxes are only as powerful as the distribution method of the alliance.

Icwalk.gif

Raising tax rates is like using a bigger hammer thinking you'll hit harder.

A tiny hammer is almost as useful as no hammer, and a ginormous one is only useful if you can lift it.

High taxes are only as powerful as the distribution method of the alliance.

Distribution of money or damage?

-signature removed for rules violation-

Hmmmmmm, I meant to enemies. You mean damage to growth rates?

Well, i mean, both.

If you're in an alliance with a really high taxation rate, once you're in a war, ships will blockade you and then you will be screwed. (happened to many NPO members with their 100% taxation rate)

But with growth rates... paying taxes and never receiving anything back? Hurts your numbers and your moral, making you less loyal and less apt to care for the alliance.

One must find a balance with taxes. One can only move as fast as their legs.

• Upvote 3
Icwalk.gif

I know.

That's why nations have the sovereignty to choose an alliance based on tax rates or not.  ;)

Not really, considering that the tax-rate is hidden unless the alliance chooses to make it public, it's very deceptive/shady. Most players probably have no idea how much of their money is being sucked away until they check their revenue page.

Not really, considering that the tax-rate is hidden unless the alliance chooses to make it public, it's very deceptive/shady. Most players probably have no idea how much of their money is being sucked away until they check their revenue page.

Not really deceptive/shady

They could just ask what the tax rate is when applying

• Upvote 5

xlEIvKe.png

Honour, Fury, Fire