Alpha - Cornerstone Announcement

Placentica

The alliances of Alpha and Cornerstone have agreed to white peace. For the duration of this current conflict, neither alliance will engage in any spy attacks or new wars against each other. For the purpose of this agreement there is no distinction between an attack that is a defined as a raid or one that is part of a broader war.

Signed Alpha,

Placentica, Driver
James II, Hybrid
Greatnate, Iron
Hope Solo, Iron

Signed for Cornerstone,

Grand Pilus – Aristide
Post Pilus – Beowulf
Legatus Princeps – Wall1515
Adelphotes Princeps – Rache
Quaestor Princeps – Zigbigadorlou
Praesidium Princeps – Piast
Acta Scientiae Princeps - Restius
Cornerstone Knights of the Senate

what about peace with t$?

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

The alliances of Alpha and Cornerstone have agreed to white peace. For the duration of this current conflict, neither alliance will engage in any spy attacks or new wars against each other. For the purpose of this agreement there is no distinction between an attack that is a defined as a raid or one that is part of a broader war.

Signed Alpha,

Placentica, Driver

James II, Hybrid

Greatnate, Iron

Hope Solo, Iron

Signed for Cornerstone,

Grand Pilus – Aristide

Post Pilus – Beowulf

Legatus Princeps – Wall1515

Adelphotes Princeps – Rache

Quaestor Princeps – Zigbigadorlou

Praesidium Princeps – Piast

Acta Scientiae Princeps - Restius

Cornerstone Knights of the Senate

No.

Just kidding, anyways congratulations to achieving peace.

Edited by Comrade Enver Hoxha
  • Upvote 1

Best of luck CS!  It was a good fight with you guys and our guys enjoyed having a bit more fun on the conventional side of war as a departure from the last 50 days or so of nuke war.  :)

I really appreciate your class in peace negotiations.  Thank you for being so polite and easy to work with!  :wub:

• Upvote 2

Signed Alpha,

So now Steve says raids and wars are defined differently...When it involves his own AA, interesting XD

So now Steve says raids and wars are defined differently...When it involves his own AA, interesting XD

You are implying that Steve has a double standard regarding that?

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Congratz on peace

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

Best of luck CS!  It was a good fight with you guys and our guys enjoyed having a bit more fun on the conventional side of war as a departure from the last 50 days or so of nuke war.  :)

I really appreciate your class in peace negotiations.  Thank you for being so polite and easy to work with!  :wub:

It was nice to actually fight someone since BK was all over Sparta and most of our lower tier wasn't in range. So yeah I enjoyed it myself because I could actually participate in this war. And our lower tiers probably appreciate having an opponent too (saves me from being asked who they can hit when I can just say "Fight everyone in Alpha you can fight.") :) So yes it was good and best of luck to Alpha. :)

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

So now Placentica says raids and wars are defined differently...When it involves his own AA, interesting XD

I really have no idea how you came to this conclusion.  But I suggest you go back an re-read what it actually says.  The agreement states just the opposite of what you think it says.

there is no distinction between an attack that is a defined as a raid or one that is part of a broader war.

In fact the reason this is included is precisely because people like you seem to think a raid is not a war and a war doesn't have elements of raiding involved at times.  So to make extra sure that no one tried to exploit, what you find to be a loophole, I asked for this additional clarification to be included.

On another thread, said by Steve:

Your word and any agreement you sign is now viewed as worthless by the majority of alliances here, if not all of them who read this topic.

Sure there are some, who you are fighting for, that won't tell you this to your face.  But everyone is thinking it and most of us are laughing about it.  And in the future you will find out what that really means and the permanent ramifications.

What you said about Arrgh using the definition of raiding to be diferent then war.

The OP:

For the purpose of this agreement there is no distinction between an attack that is a defined as a raid or one that is part of a broader war.

Signed Alpha,

"For the purpose of this agreement there is no distinction between an attack that is a defined as a raid or one that is part of a broader war"

That inherently means that there is a difference, which is inconsistent to what you said about Arrgh

I would also like to point out how you cut out the "For the purpose of this agreement" to change the meaning to just "there is no distinction between an attack that is a defined as a raid or one that is part of a broader war" in your recent reply. The line segment "For the purpose of this agreement" when connected to the whole affirms that there is a difference between raiding and War in this document, posted by Steve. Interesting how you left that one out in your quote though :P

Edited by Fistandantilus

On another thread, said by Steve:

What you said about Arrgh using the definition of raiding to be diferent then war.

The OP:

"For the purpose of this agreement there is no distinction between an attack that is a defined as a raid or one that is part of a broader war"

That inherently means that there is a difference, which is inconsistent to what you said about Arrgh

I would also like to point out how you cut out the "For the purpose of this agreement" to change the meaning to just "there is no distinction between an attack that is a defined as a raid or one that is part of a broader war" in your recent reply. The line segment "For the purpose of this agreement" when connected to the whole affirms that there is a difference between raiding and War in this document, posted by Steve. Interesting how you left that one out in your quote though :P

"For the purpose of this agreement" acknowledges that not all parties to the agreement hold the same views as Alpha. We do view raiding and warring as one and the same, there is no incongruity.

• Upvote 3

"For the purpose of this agreement" acknowledges that not all parties to the agreement hold the same views as Alpha. We do view raiding and warring as one and the same, there is no incongruity.

It doesn't acknowledge that though, and you guys signed something that says "For the purpose of this agreement there is no distinction between an attack that is a defined as a raid or one that is part of a broader war"

"defined as a raid or one that is part of a broader war". Both parties agreed that raids and wars are different by definition and to count them as the same, then signed it.

You guys very well may see raiding/war as the same, but that's not what Steve posted and what you guys signed, and I found it funny.

I didn't think this would be such a big deal or need me to explain it in such detail XD

Edited by Fistandantilus

It doesn't acknowledge that though, and you guys signed something that says "For the purpose of this agreement there is no distinction between an attack that is a defined as a raid or one that is part of a broader war"

"defined as a raid or one that is part of a broader war". Both parties agreed that raids and wars are different by definition and to count them as the same, then signed it.

You guys very well may see raiding/war as the same, but that's not what Steve posted and what you guys signed, and I found it funny.

I didn't think this would be such a big deal or need me to explain it in such detail XD

No it acknowledges that one party of the agreement may and members of the international community may regard raiding as not warring. We do not. I don't know why you have such difficulty accepting that.

• Upvote 1