Dodgy ad

Phiney

I seem to get a spazzy virus warning sometimes when I'm playing the game on my phone which means I've gotta close the window completely, presuming it's a dodgy advert or something but it's definitely not good.

• Upvote 2
T7Vrilp.png

• Administrators

Really? Can you screenshot it sometime?

All ads are served by Google Adsense, so they should be free of anything sketchy.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Really? Can you screenshot it sometime?

All ads are served by Google Adsense, so they should be free of anything sketchy.

I've had a couple of other people say it too. Its pretty bad to be fair, it comes up flashing saying youve got viruses and to download some software and wont let you close it it just keeps popping up. I'll try and rememeber.

T7Vrilp.png

• Administrators

I've had a couple of other people say it too. Its pretty bad to be fair, it comes up flashing saying youve got viruses and to download some software and wont let you close it it just keeps popping up. I'll try and rememeber.

Seriously?

When this happens next, please do screenshot it or at least get the exact URL. Almost sounds like some sort of player script injection rather than an ad. I would never put anything like that in the game.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Seriously?

When this happens next, please do screenshot it or at least get the exact URL. Almost sounds like some sort of player script injection rather than an ad. I would never put anything like that in the game.

It hasn't happened for me in awhile, but it happened a few times and I though nothing of it. I'll try to if I see it again.

Edited by Chappie

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

BZ4MSSk.png

It doesn't appear that you're on the site in this screenshot. Any idea of what page you were on before you were (presumably) redirected there?

Forums Rules | Game Link

happened to me this morning, sorry I didn't SS

Android Galaxy S6 on secure home network (Time Warner).

The thing ONLY happens on P/W.

It doesn't appear that you're on the site in this screenshot. Any idea of what page you were on before you were (presumably) redirected there?

It redirects you to that site and the warning bullshit pops.

• Upvote 2

-signature removed for rules violation-

What lordrahl says. It's not a real virus. I've had it happen on different pages, bank, alliance list etc. It redirects and then won't let you leave, and I'm on a secure home network. Notice the pw in the url.

Different phone, network and country to rahl

Edited by Phiney
T7Vrilp.png

• Administrators

Anyone having this issue on iPhone? If it's strictly limited to Android devices, I did read about a big malware issue with Android phones.

http://www.themarysue.com/10-million-android-phone-malware/

Forums Rules | Game Link

Anyone having this issue on iPhone? If it's strictly limited to Android devices, I did read about a big malware issue with Android phones.

I browse on my phone A LOT and only get the issue on paw, no way it's anything but paw.

T7Vrilp.png

From the article, "Most of these are outside the US." Even with that it says that 280,000/107 million devices are infected in the US, so odds are we don't all have that one particular. I've had my phone less than a month, but it only happen on PaW (only once so far). To add to that, my work makes me have an anti-virus app on my phone, so it is even less likely. 

EWWWWWWWWWWW

See above quote. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

• Administrators

I've never had this happen on my iPhone; and like I said the only ads are served through Google Adsense. Either Google is serving these ads or someone was able to do some sort of JS injection into the site, but the latter seems quite unlikely as it's happening on various pages.

The other option, of course, is that it's something to do with your phone software, as I suggested previously.

Forums Rules | Game Link

!blame user

Doesn't instil much trust and encouragement in you sheeps when your first thought is always to Blame the user. Especially if it's happening to multiple people and you still refuse to believe. It's a problem with your one game, not our 20 phones.

T7Vrilp.png