The Knights Radiant Declaration of War

Dalinar

Guest Curufinwe

Oh so it's only a MDoAP bloc. Well then, I am less understanding now on why TKR felt obligated to support BK and not NPO. You make a good point too with NAPs being Non-Aggression, not Non-Defending your allies.

I feel like Lordship already covered this: beyond the formal wording of the OO treaty, TKR and BK have a strong informal bond; we're blocmates, we've fought side by side in every war since Proxy and we're in constant communication through forums and on IRC during both war and peace. Basically, we're probably each others closest allies (along with tS and BoC), so the idea that they would attack us in defence of a relatively new partner that is extremely heavily tied to the other side is pretty unlikely, regardless of the specific wording of the OO accords.

All I'm getting from this thread is that NPO doesn't understand the difference between a treaty and being allied.

trea·ty
ˈtrēdē/
noun

1. a formally concluded and ratified agreement between countries.

al·li·ance
əˈlīəns/
noun

1. a union or association formed for mutual benefit, especially between countries or organizations.

We have a TREATY with npo, which we did not break or dishonor in anyway due to our NAPs and alliances with t$ and bk. Y

We have an ALLIANCE with BK and t$, via our bloc with bk and former protectorate status/formal alliance with t$.

You wanted us to declare war on bk in defense of you, when we are formally allied in literally the closest way possible with bk. And thats ignoring the fact that our NAP made us literally unable to declare war on them. A declaration of war is an inherently aggressive act, whether its in defense of another or not. It would be us attacking them. If you had communicated properly and asked us to help in some way that didnt break our NAP, such as resources or money, we might have been able to work with that, but you didn't and instead got immediately salty we didn't completely forsake all our longterm political ties for you guys, who have only been on orbis for 6 months and we have never even fought a major war with.

A treaty is basically a business agreement between nations and/or alliances. It does not make us allies. In fact, by promoting diplomatic relations with LITERALLY EVERYBODY on the other side of the fence from us with treaties, you made yourself an enemy. If you had wanted to become an ally, you could have communicated more, worked with us and asked to join the obsidian order. Or even asked for an NAP or some other form of more concrete declaration that we were allied. But you didn't, and now we're here. 

And thats not even mentioning that you're all dirty commie scum.

lol what? A NAP treaty is a more concrete form of declaring you're allied than a MD treaty? Man PnW is a strange place.

Also a NAP here stops you from defending allies because that's 'aggressive'.

169bf17d969529aeddf73528387b11cd52ff7117

And while it's true a treaty doesn't necessarily mean you're allied, a MDoAP certainly does. You almost act like having a treaty with someone and being an ally are mutually exclusive. TKR & NPO were allies and any attempt to spin it otherwise is just absurd.

FirstDraft-v2_zps55ce6098.png

I'm not entirely sure how you want us to defend NPO without attacking our allies and violating our pact not to attack our alllies.

They expect you to bend over, break your words with an entire sphere just for NPO because it'd benefit them more. Of course if the situation was reversed, NPO probably wouldn't blow their allies war plans just for one single ally and NPO members, don't say you would. You chose to ally majority to the side opposing TKR, and then expect them to betray their two longest allies they have held, but this has been said before over and over, and somehowore people have it to them over and over until we all sound like a broken record.

Edited by Riza Hawkeye
  • Upvote 3

PoJQyFJ.gif

lol what? A NAP treaty is a more concrete form of declaring you're allied than a MD treaty? Man PnW is a strange place.

Also a NAP here stops you from defending allies because that's 'aggressive'.

169bf17d969529aeddf73528387b11cd52ff7117

And while it's true a treaty doesn't necessarily mean you're allied, a MDoAP certainly does. You almost act like having a treaty with someone and being an ally are mutually exclusive. TKR & NPO were allies and any attempt to spin it otherwise is just absurd.

Uhhh their bloc treaty supercedes all other treaties iirc and BK and t$ are the ones hitting NPO right now. One is in a bloc with TKR and the other is an MDoAP partner, and with the NPO having most treaties on the other side of TKR, guess what treaty will be ignored. Like I said before, NPO just salty af they got mollywhopped for their first war lmfao

Lxr4VfE.png

From what I've read so far, some members of NPO are disappointed over different things over the events that transpired between TKR and NPO leading up to their current stance against VE; some some bemoaning the lack of transparency between the two alliances, others believing that TKR should have defended them despite their other treaty obligations. It seems that at least one of you - Roq - understands that TKR was gonna take BK/BOC and tS' side in the conflict due to our being in the same bloc and sphere respectively - things could probably have gone smoother communication-wise between your two alliances, but in all honesty, we at BK must share some of the blame for the friction between you since we put TKR in a pretty bad spot with our attack. That said, we don't regret making the attack, since war is basically half of the game, and we're just having a little fun here after a long period of static nothingness in true GPA style. Our only regret would be the slander TKR has had to face as a result of us simply trying to the play, win, and have fun.

Personally, very glad to have TKR come to our defence, and we value your efforts as you once again face off against a superpower in game. You continue to be one of our greatest and closest allies, and it's truly a pleasure to talk and fight with you guys.

Hopefully TKR won't have to suffer further slandering to their name

o/ TKR

o/ NPO - it's been fun fighting you, better luck next war

• Upvote 3
Screen_Shot_2015-09-17_at_11.58.16_pm.thumb.png.b00a465ac4d36381a4e529773e5fdfd9.png

From what I've read so far, some members of NPO are disappointed over different things over the events that transpired between TKR and NPO leading up to their current stance against VE; some some bemoaning the lack of transparency between the two alliances, others believing that TKR should have defended them despite their other treaty obligations. It seems that at least one of you - Roq - understands that TKR was gonna take BK/BOC and tS' side in the conflict due to our being in the same bloc and sphere respectively - things could probably have gone smoother communication-wise between your two alliances, but in all honesty, we at BK must share some of the blame for the friction between you since we put TKR in a pretty bad spot with our attack. That said, we don't regret making the attack, since war is basically half of the game, and we're just having a little fun here after a long period of static nothingness in true GPA style. Our only regret would be the slander TKR has had to face as a result of us simply trying to the play, win, and have fun.

Personally, very glad to have TKR come to our defence, and we value your efforts as you once again face off against a superpower in game. You continue to be one of our greatest and closest allies, and it's truly a pleasure to talk and fight with you guys.

Hopefully TKR won't have to suffer further slandering to their name

o/ TKR

o/ NPO - it's been fun fighting you, better luck next war

VE is a super power?

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

So you are saying that you were preparing for a potential war with tS before we made any aggressive move towards you whatsoever because something in our interaction with you somehow made you feel like 'we have a chip on our shoulder' and wanted to come for you?

Perfect. Then I have made the right decision in my capacity as tS FA. Thank you for your confirmation.

I won't be returning to the TKR subject as it's been done to death.

Final clarification since you twisted my words on that one: we were not preparing for a potential war with tS until we started hearing we were potentially getting hit and there were threats put out there by that time following the declaration on MI6.  Otherwise, most scenarios that were likely to happen were more likely to be aggressive war targeted at allies like Alpha/VE rather than say TKR/SK, but we would have defended the latter if they were being targeted. We have only prepared for our allies to get hit or roped into wars up to this point and had other things to focus on.   I'm ascribing the motivations for this action being taken after the "For Steve" thing happened.

I can say for certain if two of our allies thought taking out SK or TKR was the best way to start a war, we wouldn't be onboard.

Edited by Roquentin

Do me a favor VE, let your nations know. Nuking people is bad, it puts them on beige & prevents your armed guys from hurting me. 

http://prntscr.com/bhah2m

My viking warriors will appreciate the chance to fight in battle, rather than just sitting around.

• Upvote 2

Do me a favor VE, let your nations know. Nuking people is bad, it puts them on beige & prevents your armed guys from hurting me.

http://prntscr.com/bhah2m

My viking warriors will appreciate the chance to fight in battle, rather than just sitting around.

Seriously I would love to fight one alliance that actually knows how to properly fight a war.
  • Upvote 3

omZZUOt.png?2  

<&Partisan> I'm roleplaying a not snake

"Pixels > Friends" ?

Class move gentleman. Class move.

These were the 3 options TKR could take, given NPO on one side, and BK, T$, and Guardian on the other, all with MDoAP treaties.

1. Sit out the war(Not really an option, the populous would have been going for IC's throat  after having to sit out war for so long)

2. Join NPO's side(Not really an option, given that Bloc treaty supersedes all other treaties, and we've been allies with T$ and Guardian forever, and value those treaties at a much higher value than that of NPO's)

3. Join T$'s side(What we did)

I don't sleep enough

Also, I am an Keynesian Utilitarian

Lastly, Hello world

Voted Most Honorable Alliance 2015

Oh how times have changed. 

What's more honorable in this case, defending NPO, an alliance who clearly was attempting to use this MDP as a political ploy so they could !@#$ over our bloc-mates and blood brothers, or defending T$ and BK, who we've fought, bled, and won for for over a year?  What's more honorable, stabbing our longest-lived allies in the back for the sake of a treaty that has only ever existed for the machinations of NPO rather than any sense of common bond or decency, or publicly declaring that we value real friendship and actual alliances over a paper that was only even intended to !@#$ us over in the long run?

Oh, right.  You're from Rose.  I wouldn't expect you to know a damn thing about honor.  The only thing you carried over from 2015 was knowing how to shit the bed at wartime.

Edited by Sargun
  • Upvote 1

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

Good god. Expecting your ally not to be actively complicit in an attack directly against your is now a "political ploy". I was willing to believe this was merely treachery, but perhaps yall are sincerely bad at this.

You're from Rose.  I wouldn't expect you to know a damn thing about honor.  The only thing you carried over from 2015 was knowing how to shit the bed at wartime.

Damn Sargun, back at it again with that absolute savagery... 

hqdefault_live.jpg

Edited by Lord Darien
  • Upvote 3
 ^oo^
 (..)
 ()  ()
 ()__()

Good god. Expecting your ally not to be actively complicit in an attack directly against your is now a "political ploy". I was willing to believe this was merely treachery, but perhaps yall are sincerely bad at this.

Really?  You actively insult us and scheme against our older, friendliest allies who we have fought with before and yet when we refuse to go along with your plans against our closest friends we're the treacherous ones?

And you want to talk about being bad at this?  Maybe you should take a look in the mirror.  This isn't the old game, boy.  This is a new one, and you're not the goddamn kings anymore.  Nobody's going to kowtow to you out of fear of that name over here.  Better start getting used to it.

edit: alright fellas good old hospital opiates are kicking in, i'm out. deuces

Edited by Sargun

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png