6/14/2016 - Alliance Seniority, Sneak Peek of City Templates & Bulk Infra/Land Purchasing

Alex

• Administrators

MAP's broken in 3... 2... 1...

I didn't actually make these changes recently - I just announced them now. So if nothing was broken before, nothing is broken now that I've posted this :P I just made a video and wanted to share it and build some hype.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I didn't actually make these changes recently - I just announced them now. So if nothing was broken before, nothing is broken now that I've posted this :P I just made a video and wanted to share it and build some hype.

I retract my statement and prepare it for the next update

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

love the change. long time coming and I'm excited for it.

I usually end up swapping from econ to war on my phone and it can take 45 mins, so aslong as it is mobile friendly this will save me a ton of time. Will also save load on the server before war breaks out... not that it will help during war but you know, one step at a time.

• Upvote 1

Yay for templates \o/

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

For seniority, is there not a tracker for date that the player joined an alliance? Some kind of audit log for actions the user has taken maybe? Slight aside, I'd love to see your databases on this sort of thing.

If I was at 10 infra and bought 190 infra, does the 100 or the 90 get bought first? Same question with land.

If I have a city with two improvements (two coal) and I imported a template with one coal and one iron, does it sell both coal then rebuy the coal?

sith_sig.png

was important; now retired 

Sharp increase in usability? Lower demand on players performing repetitive tasks to instead shift the focus to actually thinking about mechanics.

Sheepy, I love you.

• Upvote 1

Good update. Looks cool. 

MAP's broken in 3... 2... 1...

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free PaW, the right of the People to keep and bear MAPs shall not be infringed. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

If I was at 10 infra and bought 190 infra, does the 100 or the 90 get bought first? Same question with land.

If I have a city with two improvements (two coal) and I imported a template with one coal and one iron, does it sell both coal then rebuy the coal?

It buys the smaller amount first. In his video he does 10 infra to 1000 and I checked the math.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

• Administrators

For seniority, is there not a tracker for date that the player joined an alliance? Some kind of audit log for actions the user has taken maybe? Slight aside, I'd love to see your databases on this sort of thing.

No, it was not tracked at all until previously.

It buys the 90 first, which is cheaper.

It buys the smaller amount first. In his video he does 10 infra to 1000 and I checked the math.

Correct.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

So the city template doesn't automatically buy infra and land? E.g. 2k infra city copied to new city, you still have to buy the 1990 infra first, then import the template?

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

So the city template doesn't automatically buy infra and land? E.g. 2k infra city copied to new city, you still have to buy the 1990 infra first, then import the template?

Correct - you'll get an error if you attempt to import a template that has more improvements than you have slots available.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Could it be made to purchase infra for us? The bulk infra purchasing saves a ton of time, but my nanoseconds are valuable. Or could it be made to automagically save templates from all our cities and store others we import, allowing us to select a template from a drop down menu? I love the ability to quickly switch to a wartime template, but copying and pasting lots of text would be cumbersome if world war 7 (8?) breaks out and I'm stuck on mobile.

(Really great update, btw. I'm just seeding ideas)

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

Could it be made to purchase infra for us? The bulk infra purchasing saves a ton of time, but my nanoseconds are valuable. Or could it be made to automagically save templates from all our cities and store others we import, allowing us to select a template from a drop down menu? I love the ability to quickly switch to a wartime template, but copying and pasting lots of text would be cumbersome if world war 7 (8?) breaks out and I'm stuck on mobile.

(Really great update, btw. I'm just seeding ideas)

There's always room for improvement. Having a dropdown selection to be able to paste in templates from other cities is a great idea. As for having it buy infrastructure for you as well, I'm not sold on that yet. My main concern is it would be very easy for a player to screw up and accidentally buy a ton of infrastructure when they really didn't mean to.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic