Same old, same old

Kastor

So apparently everyone is teaming up to fight The Syndicate. This game has gotten so repetitive it's boring. The game is split into 2 sides and you know who's fighting who. There is no major changes anymore(think Paragon, then Paragon breaking up). It's the same thing again and again and it needs to be changed.

• Upvote 6

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

So apparently everyone is teaming up to fight The Syndicate. This game has gotten so repetitive it's boring. The game is split into 2 sides and you know who's fighting who. There is no major changes anymore(think Paragon, then Paragon breaking up). It's the same thing again and again and it needs to be changed.

welcome to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) 

• Upvote 3

Poor Syndicate. If everyone would just control themselves for a frickin minute and stop attacking them for bogus reasons, we could all have nice things.

Poor NPO. Getting !@#$ed because they dont know PW well enough. Welcome to PW politics.

But on the other side i hadnt that much fun in PW for months :P 

• Upvote 1

I feel so bad for them. 

Poor Syndicate. If everyone would just control themselves for a frickin minute and stop attacking them for bogus reasons, we could all have nice things.

For real, demonstrate some self control please. 

Poor NPO. Getting !@#$ed because they dont know PW well enough. Welcome to PW politics.

lol

• Upvote 4

What "Politics"? I haven't seen any politics in this war, the DoW's had basically nothing in them, in order to have "politics" you need to at least have two-way communication.

Also lol at people desperately trying to "separate" this game from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), it's the same people, the same alliances (with some name changes), the same treaty web structures, all just reconstructed. And then your surprised that the cancer killing (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) spreads over here.

Edited by Andrezj Kolarov
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, we know the war apparently is too T$-centric, so what is your recommendation of changing the political center?

how about GPA vs Rose? 

how about VE?

the only way to change the center is by becoming dominant in strength and ally pact...but there aint much alliances can takeover them.

What "Politics"? I haven't seen any politics in this war, the DoW's had basically nothing in them, in order to have "politics" you need to at least have two-way communication.

There's plenty of communication going on, IRC being the best example. Just because you don't notice it and because you aren't privy to all the talk that goes on in backchannels doesn't mean communication and some form of "politics" aren't happening. There's several threads pertaining to the war as well, filled with discussion. Surely that counts as communication between multiple parties.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

There's plenty of communication going on, IRC being the best example. Just because you don't notice it and because you aren't privy to all the talk that goes on in backchannels doesn't mean communication and some form of "politics" aren't happening. There's several threads pertaining to the war as well, filled with discussion. Surely that counts as communication between multiple parties.

And yet, no real CBs. If everything happens behind closed doors in private channels, then the only people who can truly play "politics" in this game are the leaders of alliances. I've yet to see any real drama on Alliance affairs I'd call exciting.

I mean, let's take this current rolling of NPO, you think this even slightly compares to the pure excitement of the Karma War when NPO's hegemoney was finally toppled as the whole world rose up? Please, now that was fun, this is a bore.

And yet, no real CBs. If everything happens behind closed doors in private channels, then the only people who can truly play "politics" in this game are the leaders of alliances. I've yet to see any real drama on Alliance affairs I'd call exciting.

I mean, let's take this current rolling of NPO, you think this even slightly compares to the pure excitement of the Karma War when NPO's hegemoney was finally toppled as the whole world rose up? Please, now that was fun, this is a bore.

Of course this is a bore, it's a repeat of almost every single major war fought the last year, if not longer. Few of us are interested in this repetitive cycle but here we are. However, I refuse to believe anything pertaining to the planet Bob can actually be fun, because that place is complete and utter crap and crap just isn't that fun, unless you're a monkey I guess.

As for CBs, I honestly couldn't give a damn about them. This isn't Europa Universalis or Crusader Kings where CBs are required by the game mechanics, so what do they matter? If we want war, we wage war. Sometimes, even when we don't want war, we wage war. What point is there in coming up with grand, ideological casus bellis that are supposed to justify the conflict? We have our reasons to fight, so we fight. Whether anyone else knows of our reasons and whether or not they accept or disagree with them hardly matters in the end. We fight nonetheless, regardless of the outcome.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

You do realize, of course, that everything surrounding Karma was the exact same as every other war?

A select few were pissed off and started a war, the greater many capitalize on the opportunity to further their own agenda. It wasn't some great crusade, we just had more people who were willing to put effort into their role-play.

On a side note though, a big reason you're not feeling the excitement is because you're sitting in pseudo-neutral alliances trying to glean information from a place where the rest of us tote our party lines. Get involved and make things happen if you're bored.

Quick, suicide into us with no warchest again! That'll change things!

• Upvote 2

You do realize, of course, that everything surrounding Karma was the exact same as every other war?

A select few were pissed off and started a war, the greater many capitalize on the opportunity to further their own agenda. It wasn't some great crusade, we just had more people who were willing to put effort into their role-play.

On a side note though, a big reason you're not feeling the excitement is because you're sitting in pseudo-neutral alliances trying to glean information from a place where the rest of us tote our party lines. Get involved and make things happen if you're bored.

If the very top leadership of PW alliances can't even be bothered writing more than a sentence for DoW's then good-luck convincing anyone else to give a shit about your stupid wars.

If the very top leadership of PW alliances can't even be bothered writing more than a sentence for DoW's then good-luck convincing anyone else to give a shit about your stupid wars.

We already covered this back in 2015.  I'm sure there's a few members in Pantheon that can loosely explain the rivalry between the two spheres here.

• Downvote 1

No one really gives a crap about CBs. I'm not even in favor of formally declaring war. You say this is the same war over and over again, but that isn't entirely true. NPO and several other players are new or newly significant in this round. Since the last go-around they have arrived, consolidated and chosen sides. There are strategic similarities; you can observe those similarities, and the outcomes they generate, and draw your own conclusions. 

Back in the days, I only noticed the Karma War when people began to mass raid the red sphere after NPO could no longer enforce the Moldavi Doctrine. I mean back in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) I had more fun in practically any of the following wars. And I like war here more because you got more to do than just launch a nuke each day.

Welcome to Bloc. The next logical step would be inviting a foreign community (Tumblr, 4chan, etc.), going to war with them, letting them "win," and gaining diverse politics for a while until it causes an original war. 

Or someone backstabbing someone might help. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png