BK waz here

LordStrum

The first bit of hate and it comes from Jaguar?! What the !@#$ Orbis?

BK you are shit.And the fact that you seem to have had the best blitz of the day if depressing af!

• Upvote 1

Ole2.png

Guest Curufinwe

Why did you agree to backstab two allies all because The Syndicate told you to?

Hey, there's the hate Yoso was missing earlier :)

Anyways, I'll go ahead and dispute both parts of your statement - 1) that we 'betrayed' Polaris and UPN and 2) that we are somehow tS's puppet (which literally comes up every war, but okay).

1) I think we can all agree that hitting the allies of allies has become fairly standard Orbesian practice at this point. Given the convuluted nature of the treaty web everyone is tied to everyone else at several removes - Alpha itself (for example) is now two steps removed from tS through Sparta's agreement with Guardian, while BK is one step removed from Alpha through its agreement with Polaris. Therefore, everyone is tied to everyone to some degree (except paperless AAs) and every aggressive move poses the risk of 'betraying' someone, unless you a) neglect to sign treaties or B) Orbis develops two or more distinct and discrete spheres that do not overlap in any way. While the latter may be desirable, we're certainly not there yet, so I'd argue that these situations are unavoidable during times of conflict. Moreover, it's not like we're setting a precedent here - UPN hit tS and SK during Oktoberfest (BK and DEIC's allies respectively), UPN also hit TKR during the Bored War (BK's bloc partner), while Alpha itself hit SK and the Chola during Bored as well (who were tS allies, who you were allied with at the time). So while it's regrettable that NPO was treatied with several of our partners, I'd argue that our offensive (which at this point is confined entirely to NPO) is directed at them and no one else and that no 'betrayal' took place - we certainly bear Polaris and UPN (who I assume you're referencing) no ill will.

2) BK is not, nor is it planning to become, tS's puppet. We are not secretly controlled by Partisan or the other Syndicate gov members and we do not allow them any role in our internal governmental deliberations. We do of course value them as an ally, but BK makes its own FA decisions based on its own interests, as all AAs should. As it happens, in this case our interests are aligned - the consolidation of a (most likely) hostile sphere that could potentially target OO posed enough of a risk to our security that we opted to defend our interests by striking before it could muster its strength to attack us, nothing more and nothing less. As another potential victim of future aggression, tS also had a stake in pre-empting the likely conflict, which explains our decision to coordinate our response. This is not so much a case of one AA 'controlling' another as two independent (but connected) actors working together to try to ensure their future safety, which is how I would characterize BK-tS relations more broadly.

NPO's strategy of shielding themselves using treaty conflictions didn't work, and now you're trying to play the moralist.

Placentica pls.

*Bambino Sighs* Good to know we can at least count on BK to be solidly in the Syndisphere and oppose us even when we actively sought to not have a war. RIP BK.

Just because you tried to keep us neutral to better roll our other allies doesn't mean we were going to let you.

If you're looking for the shitty ally, look at the people who signed with our soon-to-be-enemy on the eve of war.

Edited by Corvo
  • Upvote 1

Just because you tried to keep us neutral to better roll our other allies doesn't mean we were going to let you.

If you're looking for the shitty ally, look at the people who signed with our soon-to-be-enemy on the eve of war.

That's fine.  Just be OK with how it's all going to shake out.

As far as soon to be enemies and what not, the NPO treaty happened before UPN was even aware of all the crap that was spilling over from out of game sources.  If you're going to insult our choices of allies, at least be honest.  We didn't even give the warning to start prepping for war until it was clear that something was happening on your side.

If we're going to talk about shitty allies, let's look at BK and them not honoring the information sharing that UPN wasn't going to be hit.  I get it, it'd betray your overlords t$ and you can't have that because it'd leave you to hang into the wind once this all shakes out, but let's be honest about who the really shitty ally is here in this case rather than throwing the blame on us.

If we're going to talk about shitty allies, let's look at BK and them not honoring the information sharing that UPN wasn't going to be hit. 

Your alliance was attacked this morning. There is your information sharing.

UPN could still join us, im sure we could find some targets for you guys :P

Edit: Did you really expect not to be hit after your active posting members were pro NPO and against t$? This was the best option, you would have been on the other side in a few days.

Edited by Linus Vulp

If we're going to talk about shitty allies, let's look at BK and them not honoring the information sharing that UPN wasn't going to be hit.  I get it, it'd betray your overlords t$ and you can't have that because it'd leave you to hang into the wind once this all shakes out, but let's be honest about who the really shitty ally is here in this case rather than throwing the blame on us.

My oh my, look at this! A war is going on and someone has deigned to criticize our most revered and loyal allies by claiming that they are nothing but puppets for The $yndicate and that The $yndicate is to blame for everything! Such new and refreshing arguments! It's not like someone utters bullcrap like that every single major conflict where T$ is involved with the support of our esteemed allies, that totally hasn't happened a hundred times over already! Thank you for providing this new and highly original viewpoint, I don't know what we'd do without your enlightening perspective!

Lmao seriously dude, just stop.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

Guest Curufinwe

As far as soon to be enemies and what not, the NPO treaty happened before UPN was even aware of all the crap that was spilling over from out of game sources.  If you're going to insult our choices of allies, at least be honest.  We didn't even give the warning to start prepping for war until it was clear that something was happening on your side.

*Ponders UPN conduct during Oktoberfest (when UPN hit tS [a BK ally] without informing BK first)

*Ponders UPN conduct during the Bored War (when UPN hit SK and TKR [our bloc mate] without informing BK first)

*Ponders NPO-UPN treaty (which most of our gov only learned about by reading it on the OWF, despite the fact that it had supposedly been in the works for months and I had spoken to Kelson less than 48 hours before it was signed.

*Ponders allegations that BK supposedly withheld information from UPN and that they are therefore shitty allies

K...

I like how in the same post you mention how long the NPO treaty, which you failed to inform us about, was in the work and accuse us of holding back information...but hey, we aren't mad, because guess what our treaty doesn't have, an information sharing clause...

• Upvote 6

I prefer the term spiritual liege, thank you very much.

I didn't consider DEIC in that mix up.  I think we found the master.  Quick, someone declare on DEIC and cut the head off before they wreck us!

• Downvote 1

Is there a position open in NPO for vacation planner. So many people going on vacation trips yesterday and today so there must be money to be made helping them plan their trips!

• Upvote 2

-signature removed for rules violation-

I guess I need to reread the BK-UPN treaty, I keep missing the part where UPN is exempt from information sharing, but it applies to BK in all circumstances.

It has to be in there, otherwise you would just be a hypocrite, and I know that isn't the case!

• Upvote 3

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA not so great when it's done to you?

Lxr4VfE.png

*Ponders UPN conduct during Oktoberfest (when UPN hit tS [a BK ally] without informing BK first)

*Ponders UPN conduct during the Bored War (when UPN hit SK and TKR [our bloc mate] without informing BK first)

*Ponders NPO-UPN treaty (which most of our gov only learned about by reading it on the OWF, despite the fact that it had supposedly been in the works for months and I had spoken to Kelson less than 48 hours before it was signed.

*Ponders allegations that BK supposedly withheld information from UPN and that they are therefore shitty allies

K...

Quoting for emphasis.

Quoting for blatant hypocrisy.

The double standards are too real.

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

• Wiki Mod

gg BK. Also my condolences for the strain this war is putting on your relationship with UPN.

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid