BK waz here

LordStrum

I don't speak for my gov.

But if I did, here's what my thoughts would be hypothetically... BK and UPN both have tried to be good allies. Both have fallen a bit short for multiple and debatable reasons. Going forward, the treaty should be revised to fix it's flaws. Communication between them should be a constant effort from both sides.

Inb4strumspanksme

• Upvote 1

q8nfyvc.gif

The attack on NAC was because of miscommunication. We attempted to broker peace but UPN would accept nothing less the SK leaving the war completely. We offered reps and peace wit NAC.

Also, you went into old stuff first. I'm just clarifying the accurate version of events.

Edit: holy shit did you just try to argue that SK saying "our side vs theres" gave you justification to hit TKR? *facepalms*. Guess you're Steve 2.0

I'll repeat. UPN activated its oAP of the MDoAP with VE to enter the war. 

Edited by Pangui
0Lovl.png

And BK is oAP in to hit NPO, but that's somehow worse.

Yea, because I told BK that if anything where to happen to NPO, UPN planned on defending them. Then I wasn't even given a heads up that might put us at odds. Just "Ok, we will take this to our gov"

0Lovl.png

Yea, because I told BK that if anything where to happen to NPO, UPN planned on defending them. Then I wasn't even given a heads up that might put us at odds. Just "Ok, we will take this to our gov"

Nearsightedness on fleek. Should've thought about the implications of that treaty lmao.

Lxr4VfE.png

I can't comprehend the fact that you lied to BK in one war and hit their ally, and in another war optionally came in and hit BK's blocmate, and you have the nerve you suggest that what they did here is somehow worse.

• Upvote 4
6XmKiC2.png

They knew UPN was going to be attacked. UPN has never planned a war in which BK was going to be hit aggressively. I've never been in a channel where people have discussed hitting BK in even defense.

Yeeee just misinforming them amirite

Kinda like how tS was pissy when we declared on you after you signed with SK and Guardian? Get over yourself.

We did get over it after rolling you guys a couple times lmfao

Lxr4VfE.png

... BK and UPN both have tried to be good allies. Both have fallen a bit short for multiple and debatable reasons. Going forward, the treaty should be revised to fix it's flaws. Communication between them should be a constant effort from both sides.

Inb4strumspanksme

Already been done too many times

Already been done too many times

What has? We have never once tried to fix anything about the UPN treaty, even after the past issues we never really tried to change anything. BK and UPN seemed fine leaving things the way they were, and may do so again after this.

209cb3ddfb36e63567a77320a26faeb6.png

Not the same situation here.

Care to explain the difference? UPN saw tS and her new allies as a threat. UPN preemptively strikes tS and withholds it from BK.

tS now sees UPN and NPO as a threat and launches a preemptive strike to take them out. BK withholds this from UPN.

DEIC even planned on the strike to hit their ally SK, and BK planned a strike that involved someone hitting their MD level ally, UPN.

Edited by Pangui
0Lovl.png

Care to explain the difference? UPN saw tS and her new allies as a threat. UPN preemptively strikes tS and withholds it from BK.

tS now sees UPN and NPO as a threat and launches a preemptive strike to take them out. BK withholds this from UPN.

DEIC even planned on the strike to hit their ally SK, and BK planned a strike that involved someone hitting their MD level ally, UPN.

To be sure, during Oktoberfest, DEIC didn't play much of a role in planning the attack on SK, as that we didn't plan to participate in that fight, only against tS and TEst.

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

To be sure, during Oktoberfest, DEIC didn't play much of a role in planning the attack on SK, as that we didn't plan to participate in that fight, only against tS and TEst.

I'm aware, but DEIC was demonized for it, but now that the script is flipped it is okay.

0Lovl.png

Guest Curufinwe

I'm aware, but DEIC was demonized for it, but now that the script is flipped it is okay.

Well, I'm not trying to make the case that 'it's okay,' but I will offer two points of clarification as a response to the issues you have raised.

1) As was outlined earlier in the thread, BK's war is directed against NPO (and Sparta, apparently) rather than UPN. We have no ill will toward UPN (although we were obviously not enthusiastic over your choice to treaty NPO), but your decision to ally and your determination to defend them (which you communicated to me and I communicated to our gov) created a situation wherein you were likely to be pre-empted if and when hostilities occurred. Ideally we would have preferred to see UPN not get hit at all, but given the treaty relationship you have chosen to erect between yourselves, Paragon and NPO it was largely unavoidable if OO and tS were going to successfully wage war against the Para-covenant side of the line. Is it fair? Perhaps not. But, as I've discussed with Kelson, the way in which the treaty web has played out has created a dynamic wherein these types of situations are probably unavoidable as long as cross-sphere ties exist.

2) Both sides have withheld sensitive information from each other in the past in order to support the coalition which they have attached themselves to in a given war. Is it more heinous of UPN to fail to inform BK that tS would be hit during Oktoberfest, or TKR during Bored, than it was to was for us to not tell you that tS and friends were perhaps headed your way? That's for UPN to decide, but from our perspective they're not so dissimilar. If you actively plan to hit our closest allies and thereby draw us into a war where we will be open to counters by your allies (as happened during Oktoberfest) it is still a fairly significant blow to BK, even if your allies refrain from hitting us outright in the first wave of attacks. I would argue that we're evaluating different shades of gray here - both BK and UPN have kept information from each other to further coalition goals for reasons they believed were justified, which is probably an inevitable result of our links to other spheres.

Edited by Curufinwe

A couple of years on, you are still rather special.

<3

Bring back LiQ bro

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

You needed a heads up so as to understand that planning to defend your ally would lead to you being viewed as being in the opposing coalition?

Untitled.png