Syndicate declaration of war on the New Pacific Order and the United Purple Nations

Prefonteen

That's fair -- and I would agree that the likes of Mensa got restless. I was moreso speaking in reference to tS trying to paint that it was NPO/UPN who wanted this, and between the two camps, it should be obvious who was itching for it.

I think that's a valid point, and I doubt anyone on our side would try to disagree. Wars are more fun, plain and simple!

• Upvote 1

And when the tides turns against you, as it always does eventually for people as dishonest as you, you'll run and claim that "oh tS has a new gov, all is well" just like Mensa did with Pfeiffer who became a liability for your side.

You know, if we at t$ were to fire Partisan for being a liability, we would have done it a year ago when we were still allied to VE and Rose, and Impero commanded us to do it.

We didn't, and look what a funny year we have got. Facing ever growing odds and still defeating them.

Lets see if we survive this one, and next time your allies let you be part of the real fight.

Edited by Ivan the Red
  • Upvote 1

You signed VE, getting closer to the Paragon bloc, and came after us in Oktoberfest.

You mean right after it was leaked that tS had been proactively trying to get us rolled? We had ample opportunities to attack you, but didn't. Eventually when it came down to the war it was funny how ya'll went up in arms then -- and are now defending a position that is a whole lot weaker than ours then. I mean it is to be expected, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

You signed Rose, which hoped to lure us in a treaty trap in the previous war, something we tried to avoid, by not attacking VE. You literally took the first chance you had to attack us ( the SK communication mistake ), it could have been solved diplomatically, it wasn't. 

No. The first chance was when the whole community saw that you were actively pushing to get us rolled, and trying to get the plans started.

We legitimately tried to move on, with something SOLID, enough of words, promises, that we see broken everytime.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  You have to be trolling at this point?

we can talk about it further

Nobody cares any longer about your empty words.

• Upvote 1

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I think that's a valid point, and I doubt anyone on our side would try to disagree. Wars are more fun, plain and simple!

And again, for the most part UPN members understand that, and from what I have seen in public and internal discussions there is a level of respect for all but one of our 'enemies' and no hard feelings towards them. Apart from the alliance with the continuous lies and spin coming from several directions. 

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I demand proof that there was any intention of hitting TS, that anyone threatened TS, that anyone threatened to chain in on TS, or that anyone threatened to chain in because of treaties on TS.

If all others but Partisan could ignore this post I'd greatly appreciate it, as I'd like his WoT not someone elses. 

kthx.

edit: i was way more happy when this was just a "meh let's go to war because" rather then a "we were threatened so we pre-empted"

Happy to oblige:

You are misinterpreting my post. I was describing a historical phenomenom observed by the syndicate. This has occurred in the past wars, and we have no reason to expect it to be different this time.

If you go back to my explanation, and my explanation only (ignoring posts from other syndicate members), you will find that it specifically stated that t$ felt that its long term interest was threatened by aforementioned recurring pattern. It does not have to do with a *current* event of supposed 'plotting against us'. The problem with making such claims on my part would be that I have no way of knowing if there is or is not any unless information magically ends up in my hands. We have, in this case, based our decision to go to war on the past, and our recognition of similar events playing out.

We pre-empted the likelyhood of traditional politics being followed and the opposing side to simply wait for a CB (be it deliberately or not) before chaining everyone and their mother in on us in an equally large but more advantageous war down the road.

So yes. You can continue to be happy. :)

os9LcJK.gif

You are misinterpreting my post. I was describing a historical phenomenom observed by the syndicate.

"observed" --  :lol:

I guess you've been reading the Wiki pages on yourself.

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Hey Roger.  I remember when we gave you evidence and you rejected it as "this is not evidence".  Then we gave you more and you said that wasn't evidence either.  Then we said it's all over the forums and you said "where?".  Then when we showed you where it was, you deflected.  

This guy said "One of your members is being nasty". We asked "where?". He said....#politicsandwar. He literally said the entire channel was a proof of something, but he failed to give any kind of log or definitive proof.

Or are we supposed to dig through a year of logs just to find something? If you want to solve something, do give us the means to do so, otherwise, save yourself the trouble of speaking.

Edited by Valakias

Hey Roger.  I remember when we gave you evidence and you rejected it as "this is not evidence".  Then we gave you more and you said that wasn't evidence either.  Then we said it's all over the forums and you said "where?".  Then when we showed you where it was, you deflected.  I remember in peace talks when you added terms on us for peace, but keep telling everyone you have offered "just white peace" because those "terms" weren't "terms".

Anyone can see that you've gone after me personally to manufacture a war and sure, when you have that much vitriol it's obvious what is going to come of it.  And you act like you handle each instance "internally", but I have no way to tell and they keep happening so I'm left to assume you really are just lying about that yet again.

The problem with talking to you and the reason you were booted is that when you are presented with facts, you call them opinions.  When presented with evidence you claim it's no such thing.  When presented with the cold-hard truth that you are manipulative and lie to your membership, to your allies, and to everyone else, you act like you are some beacon of truth.  You can't even tell the truth about your aggressive war on NPO/UPN.

Just like when you were caught in a lie on these very forums, about the 1v1 offer, you then deflect and plow ahead with more lies.  And when the tides turns against you, as it always does eventually for people as dishonest as you, you'll run and claim that "oh tS has a new gov, all is well" just like Mensa did with Pfeiffer who became a liability for your side.

You have not presented logs of anything. You have not elaborated on anything with anything other than your own word, and linking to an IRC channel. So no, I do not consider that 'evidence'. I consider it you making statements and not backing them up.

Regardless, I'm not too interested in having meaningful discussion with you personally after the manner in which you ended the one last night (which as you may recall was you making some OOC remarks, if I am to follow your own logic concerning OOC, and then banning me from the channel).

You followed that up with engaging me on these forums with an ad hominem in a discussion that did not concern you. Yet you accuse me of making matters personal? I do sincerely ask you to reflect on your behavior and knock it off.

os9LcJK.gif

The problem with both sides is that you both seem to think you're entirely in the right. You're all part of the same compost heap. 

There is no 'entirely in the right' -- given the context of the game. The logic for the war is obvious: some were getting restless, some others more politically minded felt they were losing relative power and decided to strike out instead of waiting and hoping everything works out. Trying to deflect from that though is ridiculous, and deserves to be called out. 

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

The problem with both sides is that you both seem to think you're entirely in the right. You're all part of the same compost heap. 

Pretty much.

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

There is no 'entirely in the right' -- given the context of the game. The logic for the war is obvious: some were getting restless, some others more politically minded felt they were losing relative power and decided to strike out instead of waiting and hoping everything works out. Trying to deflect from that though is ridiculous, and deserves to be called out. 

Right. I'm fairly sure I've been pretty upfront about our motivation here, no? I would get into it a bit more with you, but i'll reserve that bit for our joint channel, if you're so inclined.

With regards to the OWF: I'm not too inclined to expand further on our CB. It will just become repetition at this point.

os9LcJK.gif

Right. I'm fairly sure I've been pretty upfront about our motivation here, no? I would get into it a bit more with you, but i'll reserve that bit for our joint channel, if you're so inclined.

With regards to the OWF: I'm not too inclined to expand further on our CB. It will just become repetition at this point.

I'm not fluent in parseltongue.

• Upvote 6

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Right/wrong? Its good practice.

Also good for validating/disproving some ideas for mechanical changes bouncing around. You should be interested since it is invalidating at least one of your ideas.

-signature removed for rules violation-

everyone hates each other, i understand. but we should all agree that we needed a good military thrashing on both sides to release some steam ok, i've started mostly ignoring all the FA efforts as i can now enjoy the war bit.

this is a pretty well matched war, i like this war. let's fight the good fight and chain more allies in to be part of the funfest!

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

Key difference is it's not being used as "remove distractions from incessant posting" mode. Some of our dudes have other worldly concerns.

God NPO shit posting is awful. You know if you say shit like "other worldly concerns" then you sound like a douche bag.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Happy to oblige:

You are misinterpreting my post. I was describing a historical phenomenom observed by the syndicate. This has occurred in the past wars, and we have no reason to expect it to be different this time.

If you go back to my explanation, and my explanation only (ignoring posts from other syndicate members), you will find that it specifically stated that t$ felt that its long term interest was threatened by aforementioned recurring pattern. It does not have to do with a *current* event of supposed 'plotting against us'. The problem with making such claims on my part would be that I have no way of knowing if there is or is not any unless information magically ends up in my hands. We have, in this case, based our decision to go to war on the past, and our recognition of similar events playing out.

We pre-empted the likelyhood of traditional politics being followed and the opposing side to simply wait for a CB (be it deliberately or not) before chaining everyone and their mother in on us in an equally large but more advantageous war down the road.

So yes. You can continue to be happy. :)

Fantastic. So we can all agree that ts are the big bad bullies.

Carry on with the shitposting you fools.

Fantastic. So we can all agree that ts are the big bad bullies.

Carry on with the shitposting you fools.

I just thought about it...  Your story in PnW is literally being bullied around.  That sucks man.

• Downvote 1