Syndicate declaration of war on the New Pacific Order and the United Purple Nations

Prefonteen

Insulting the people who don't see things like you do, isn't gonna help your case you know.

Nor will your nonsensical posts. Or any of the posts for that matter -- since the forum is largely inconsequential, and the sides have more or less been formed. 

Props for having the self awareness to recognise your faults though.  :lol:

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I fail to see when I called anyone "mentally handicapped" for not agreeing with me.

I really do enjoy when you are the mouthpiece of tS government.  Ironically, you might be more logical than Partisan though.  You still trying to convince people that city 20 costs 5.8 billion?

Glad that you came around. An improvement on the fully qualified village idiot.

I have still seen nothing concrete to show that NPO was actively plotting an attack on tS. And I was one of the few idiots who decided to actually read the two threads full of shitposts.

The logic behind hitting us is clear. But it is also clear that it was tS who wanted this war... anyone with a bit of time, and who isn't mentally handicapped will be able to see that.

And as a sidenote like I said, I just find it funny that some of my predictions in regards to you have come true yet again. I find it bizarre how some others are not capable to see right through you. 

Careful now, calling people bad names and having negative opinions on a person's character is apparently an OOC attack nowadays :P

Nonsense aside and onto serious matters though, from my point of view, that screenshot from whatever branch of NPO's forums was enough for me personally in regards to a "reason" to start  a war. Not because of any real dislike for NPO or indeed any alliances within that sphere including UPN contrary to what a few NPO members will claim but solely upon reasonable and rational thoughts in regards to that NPO screenshot. I am a bit more gung ho in my diplomatic outlook so probably and thankfully a good thing I am not involved in FA or gov at all for that matter but for me personally, that screenshot was enough " reason"  for a declaration of war against NPO. People can disagree with me in that view or opinion but given the screenshot itself and the greater FA context, I regard our actions as the logical course of action. Sure, there has been plenty mud thrown around with all this nonsense of OOC attacks and blurring between games but the implications of that screenshot solely within this realm were really enough in my opinion to justify hostilities.

As far as I view it, that screenshot implied clear intent upon NPO's behalf to attack tS at some point in the future. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter who did what first because that will always come down to perspective, NPO will say our sphere started militarising first, someone on our sphere will claim NPO or at least one of alpha's allies were aiding or at the very least acting as a stash for $ and resources alpha had accrued before the war and so on. I don't think it really matters because at the end of the day we have two alliances/spheres who viewed each other as a threat and both took valid steps to address the threat. NPO allied a bunch of alliances historically opposed to tS and who had fought tS before, tS decided to act upon a possible and in my opinion proven threat. 

Essentially NPO acted like an enemy, allied with tS'  historical and current rivals and was caught out with screenshots indicating hostile intent. Any alliance  who acts like an enemy, looks like an enemy and hangs around with enemies in my book is usually an enemy. I don't like the fact that UPN had to be attacked and I dislike the fact that I or alliances within my greater sphere will most likely end up being at war with Polar particularly but at the end of the day, this is just the nature of the game we all play and I certainly don't hold any malice against any alliances involved. We all made our choices in our allies and sticking by them and we will all have to live with these choices and move forward and hopefully not let the eventual peace be held hostage by certain parties who have no intent other than to act like a pack of hooligans and vandals using whatever nonsense they can create to justify their actions.

Also, a shout out to hans who took a couple hard knocks so bambino could lay the smack down on me. +10 respect.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant
  • Upvote 1

Untitled.png

I have still seen nothing concrete to show that NPO was actively plotting an attack on tS. And I was one of the few idiots who decided to actually read the two threads full of shitposts.

The logic behind hitting us is clear. But it is also clear that it was tS who wanted this war... anyone with a bit of time, and who isn't mentally handicapped will be able to see that.

And as a sidenote like I said, I just find it funny that some of my predictions in regards to you have come true yet again. I find it bizarre how some others are not capable to see right through you.

To be fair saru, it's clear not just tS wanted this war. BK, Mensa, guardian are all involved, no? I'm sure there were some war blue balls surrounding the Alpha war not expanding. who knows, maybe this war is syndicate giving its allies what they want? All I'm saying is it's not just syndicate that wants the war.

Also GPA is super happy right now.

scSqPGJ.gif

I really do enjoy when you are the mouthpiece of tS government.  Ironically, you might be more logical than Partisan though.  You still trying to convince people that city 20 costs 5.8 billion?

Hey Steve. Remember that time last night where you accused me of inciting people to hate you IRL without a shed of evidence, and then k/banned me when I called you on it?

Yeah. Me too. Can you try to stay away from the ad hominem attacks concerning me? Thanks.

Saru (and Hans as well),

People will continue to give their own interpretation and spin to the DoW. I've made our official position clear. Here's the thing: We have become quite accustomed to traditional politics- the version of politics which you have historically played.

We found a pattern in the matter in which every single war has occurred. That pattern consists of claiming to want reconciliation while you rebuild and/or outgrow someone (read: so long as it's convenient). During this period you generally consolidate your allies by signing various treaties. This is followed by the creation or receipt of a 'CB" or 'spark' when said rebuild is done and/or when it becomes convenient. At that point, the entirety of your coalition which claims to want peace reluctantly militarizes to 'defend its treaty partners', and entry via chains occurs, or implied threat of entry forces us to ignore top 5 - top 10 alliances who are under protection of uninvolved parties, while they hit our allies unimpeded. Chainability is only considered when politically convenient.

By the end of these wars (the only exception being our war with you, admittedly), we come out with lenient terms. All parties vow that they want to reconcile differences, and the cycle repeats itself. The key here is the position yourself as amiably as possible and to cast any responsibility for aggression on the supposed CB. Similarly, any responsibility for your involvement and for your own actions is cast on your treaties. Your treaties, by nature, become yur collar in these situations.

I do not dispute that you probably do have good intentions right now. Shit, I do not dispute that you probably have good intentions in general. What I do dispute, is that your actions this time around are any different from the historical pattern which I described above. We came out of last war (a war in which we did go out of our way to avoid you by avoiding VE. An unfortunate miscommunication then gave you a reason to enter. It could have been solved politically- we tried that too by making diplomatic offers). We also went out of our way to make sure the relation did not go sour, and continued to invest post-war.

We did not do this because we were hell-bent on allying you. We did it because we wanted to move past the same old pattern in a permanent way. We made this clear to you too. Similar things were tried with other parties. Unfortunately, our attempts were rebuffed and we received mix signals from your own camp. A treaty that was to be signed in April was rebuffed for internal issues. It was admitted that it had to do with lingering sentiment which suddenly cropped up. Fast forward a few months, and we see Hansarius, who historically held such sentiment against us, elected. We also see a sudden reemergence of anti-t$ rhetoric in our embassies coupled with this election. And finally, we see a sudden treaty signature with the New Pacific Order.

I understand the logic you have given me. You have, indeed as you claim tried to deescalate the situation and you have indeed claimed that you want amiable relations. But deescalation now would not have been in our long-term interest, as we fully expected the opposing sphere/coalition which you pushed yourself close enough towards to be considered a part of to eventually come for us. Why? Because that is the nature of the game, and that is how each party involved has historically operated.

You are free to call me two-faced and run around yelling that your 'predictions came true'. I think you have, consciously or unconsciously played a large factor in the creation of the current situation, and yes. We do have reason to feel threatened by you.

Similarly I will give back to you that you 'were waiting for us to show it in actions' yet simultaneously you were consolidating a political opposition, while we waited for you to reciprocate us for multiple months. It's the nature of this world and I can't fault you for it. Similarly however, I don't think you have much right to fault us for deciding to push the button now, on our terms. Heck, is that not what we spoke of for months on end after oktoberfest, and what we eventually came to understand from you guys? I do see the irony in the situation.

os9LcJK.gif

If you're going to peddle horseshit, encouraging pattern recognition in those you oppose might not be wise. But yes, I'm sure that attacking UPN for the very thinnest of reasons possible will go a long way towards building trust between you two and creating a brighter future.

• Upvote 2

1. Alpha provided heavy start-up aid to the NPO and was the only reason we could grow as fast as we did. This may have been a bit of a mixed bag at this point.

2. Alpha is hit by tS and TEst due to the aforementioned fact we were always likely to back them despite not really being prepared materially. During that time, it becomes evident some alliances within their sphere harbor a desire to fight NPO and that having ties to their sphere will do us little good if the chains are played right. 

3. We continue to work with alliances that are actually friendly with us and not suspicious/hostile with particularly aggressive members.

4. (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) war happens and since "For Steve" is largely considered a joke, it isn't expected to be taken seriously. After it goes up, threats are thrown out on (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) forums and then we receive reports more or less straight away from friendly alliances that someone is going around trying to get them to turn based on that. We begin trying to do damage control on the CB on the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) forums and with other alliances in PW and put heavy efforts into it. We inform people there is a possibility the Syndisphere will pursue retaliation for MI6 being attacked.

5. Militarization by the Syndisphere begins the day AFTER MI6 hit, with BK being the most aggressive in militarizing, along with being an alliance that has MI6 members in government and many who appear to be hostile to NPO within its ranks.  It continues several days.  Once it becomes evident that this could turn into a fight for our survival due to this perceived desire for retaliation, we decided to use it as an opportunity to do more recruitment from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and gain some wartime income.

6. The Syndicate has someone who is willing to give them information from the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) NPO forums and they decide to post the screen shot without the date on the forums and ignore all other allusions to NPO being under threat and focus entirely on one piece of the argument: a screenshot of a few lines Chimaera said to a newbie NPO member. They dance around for the entire topic when other reasons for us perceiving a threat, including the militarization by their allies is presented as having existed before the 9th(when the thread went up) and keep pushing the narrative that the Chimaera convo was doctored for political purposes, despite this being proven to not be the case and ignore the chronological evidence throughout the topic. Even when they do make concessions, they eventually revert to "LALAALLALAAA  NOT LISTENING NOT LISTEENINGCROPPED SCREEN SHOT CROPPED SCREENSHOT" almost seeming like there's  talking points memo distributed throughout their sphere.

7. Eventually they decide to attack and present the consolidation of the Paracovenant sphere and NPO's very slow integration as sufficient reason to attack.  Afterwards, Syndisphere members attempt to circle back and invent ex post facto justifications like the screenshot from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) NPO forums, which occurred well after several events that were sufficient cause(the militarization) for NPO to prepare for a defensive war.

• Upvote 2

Going to nip this in the bud pretty easily.

The (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) declarations occurred 9 or 10 days ago ( perhaps 8, timezones and all reading dates differently on forum posts) . Most alliances allied to Syndicate and certainly all these in today's declarations have military builds allowing for a maximum of 3 days being required before nearly everyone achieves maximum militarisation. Some have ( Mensa I believe) an even smaller window required before reaching max militarisation. If what you say is true and these declarations from earlier today are a result of events which happened 9 or 10 days ago, this war would have occurred much sooner. Instead, today's declarations have occurred 3 or 4 days after the screenshot was presented implying the motivation originates from that screenshot which is based within this realm.

Untitled.png

Going to nip this in the bud pretty easily.

The (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) declarations occurred 9 or 10 days ago ( perhaps 8, timezones and all reading dates differently on forum posts) . Most alliances allied to Syndicate and certainly all these in today's declarations have military builds allowing for a maximum of 3 days being required before nearly everyone achieves maximum militarisation. Some have ( Mensa I believe) an even smaller window required before reaching max militarisation. If what you say is true and these declarations from earlier today are a result of events which happened 9 or 10 days ago, this war would have occurred much sooner. Instead, today's declarations have occurred 3 or 4 days after the screenshot was presented implying the motivation originates from that screenshot which is based within this realm.

It was less than 8 days ago ie. it'll be 8 days ago in approximately 12 hours.  It's not true.  BK had very low mil in peace time and their score has skyrocketed precipitously in the time from 6/6-6/13. Other alliances keep similarly low military during peace time. Mensa definitely keeps a higher amount, but not everyone in Syndisphere is Mensa.

Edited by Roquentin

-snip-

This is clearly an objective and completely unbiased post! Nothing narrow-minded or one sided about it whatsoever! Clearly we should all believe everything you write and take your post at its face value, because it's totally not like your point of view is skewed to hell by your experiences as a UPN member, oh not at all. You are most equitable and impartial good sir, a most true and trustworthy source of information and surely you would have no interest in spinning things to make it seem like UPN is good and The $yndicate is bad, of course not! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

This is clearly an objective and completely unbiased post! Nothing narrow-minded or one sided about it whatsoever! Clearly we should all believe everything you write and take your post at its face value, because it's totally not like your point of view is skewed to hell by your experiences as a UPN member, oh not at all. You are most equitable and impartial good sir, a most true and trustworthy source of information and surely you would have no interest in spinning things to make it seem like UPN is good and The $yndicate is bad, of course not! :rolleyes:

^Put a "For Steve!" and your quite near the truth.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

So, to sumarize everything I've read here:

1) t$ is pissy because they see things as going round and round and that the cycle never ends where they have to fight people they have historically fought

2) Both UPN and t$ attempt to repair the chasm that is their relations since January/February

3) t$ reaches out with a treaty that essentially would have left UPN's allies holding the bag and open to attack with with no way for UPN to really respond without losing a lot of face

4) t$ gets all pissy about a polite declining of the offer even though UPN continues to try to be friendly and avoid conflict

5) t$ gets all pissy that ONE member of the "old" guard is re-elected while most of the other council seats were from people who leaned being towards t$. Said old guard member publicly states that he wants to bury the hatchet.

6) t$ gets even more pissy that UPN make the natural steps towards people that don't act butt hurt whenever they disagree (referring to the fact that the NPO treaty took literally the majority of Emmad and Victor's term to get to)

7) t$ gets even more pissy that UPN expands tC (something that'd taken a lot of Emmad and Victor's tenure)

8) t$ declares war on UPN even though UPN, since last Thursday, has been actively attempting to get peace.

8) t$ blames the victims of the war and then laments that they can't break free of the cycle.

The cycle is going to be the same no matter what happens. Diplomatic incidents are going to happen, tensions are going to rise, war is going to happen. The only thing that is going to change are the players. If you don't like the fact that your'e fighting the same people, maybe go somewhere else where the people are different or stop betraying the trust that you've built up. You had several members of UPN's government CONVINCED that you really wanted to be friendly and not fight us. If anyone here isn't being consistent with the "turning over a new leaf" message, its you.

You can't honestly believe that UPN signing NPO wouldn't be seen as a major threat to us. Whether or not UPN has good intentions is irrelevant. You are allied NPO who we believe do not have good intentions and if they decided to attack tS, you would defend them from our allies counters. You can call us liars all you want, but we sincerely did not want to war UPN again. Hell, we didn't want to war NPO either (we have mutual allies). However, this was the best course of action for our long term survival.

• Upvote 1
6XmKiC2.png