Orbis on Planet Bob?

Kastor

It's not. You have a similar flag. Similar members. If anyone believes you when you say a few members, they're gullible as hell.  You came over to tS from MI6 originally. Roy did and he was gov of MI6 by January. Manthrax did. Cynic did. List goes on.You're one of the biggest peddlers of warped narratives. It really isn't. The parallels  with it and PW NPO are actually pretty close since tS is basically mainly comprised of MI6's closest allies at the time it was formed along with MI6.

You just refuse to accept arguments that don't fit your closed mindset.

What I find most striking is that there is only one corner in this 'verse which actively tries to portray the t$ = MI6 perception.

And that party is you. Coincidentally, you are referencing it to suit your own PR standpoints by equating us with NPO in that regard.

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

What I find most striking is that there is only one corner in this 'verse which actively tries to portray the t$ = MI6 perception.

And that party is you. Coincidentally, you are referencing it to suit your own PR standpoints by equating us with NPO in that regard.

i'm not particularly invested in it either way. That's where you have it wrong. I even specifically pointed to instances where tS and MI6 were on different trajectories with (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)/PW counterpart alliances ie. on good terms with Alpha/bad terms with NG. Your'e the one taking it as some grave offense to state there is crossover. 

If I'm equating it with NPO, I'm not really sure how it's supposed to make you look bad. It's just a statement of fact that there is crossover.

I don't see how being linked in the minds of people makes it an absolute. That's my problem there. Was the For Steve joke probably ill-advised? yes, but as mentioned before MI6 was previously rolled while Alpha was aligned with tS, so there is no strict parallel in terms of relations between the two.

I can't think of a time where they were the sole influencing factor. I would say (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) impacts P&W far more since a lot of the people who have risen to prominence here seem to have chips on their shoulder about certain things that transpired there and let it influence their FA. I would hate to push it too far, but it seems like there's been an attempt to recreate a historical version of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) but with themselves on top. 

I think this ends up becoming a double standard because a lot of these alliances won't have (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) names but will have (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) roots but will receive light treatment ie. the tS/MI6 comparison attracts a lot of ire despite an equal amount of crossover while NPO/NPO is seen as acceptable. I'm not in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) NPO and was historically opposed to it until maybe 2 years ago and several high gov are non-(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) NPO. A lot of the members are not either. We were going to draw more upon the community but it wouldn't be exactly the same as other iterations.

People are bringing over relationships but complain about certain crossfeuds.  It really seems all to be side-based. If you're the same side side it's cool to hold grudges with people from other games, if not you're a monster for making such comparisons. With Chimaera, it's more he's seen it fit to brandish tS's power at certain points and given he is a bedrock of the MI6 community, he also provides weight to the tS one. A few months back he had considered making his own alliance but realized it would cause further member losses for tS so he decided to direct more MI6 to tS.

I've personally had the pleasure of being able to interact with people who didn't know me before and it's great since I can just do straight talk with no historical baggage and get along on a solid basis. I also have always tried to bury the hatchet with people I had problems with in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), like Steve regardless of the circumstances because I just see hating people across games on a personal level as incredibly immature and limiting.

Now this is getting interesting. let's break it down:

1. You bring forth the argument that because MI6 was previously rolled while alpha was aligned with t$, there can be no strict parallel in terms of relations between the two. Extrapolating that logic to tS-MI6: MI6 was previously rolled and tS did not retalliate. Moreso: tS was allied to alpha at the time and did not care. Therefore, there can be no strict parallel in terms of relations between the two. Thank you for clearing that up.

2. tS operates under a different name, a new brand and is a seperate, sovereign alliance. Our government loathes the manner in which MI6 in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) functions and has not attempted to emulate them in any way shape or form. NPO on the other hand has brought over the name, flag, and actively draws from its member base. As has been shown in the screenshot in the OP, it considers itself the PW *branch* of the larger NPO brand, and has used cropped logs to incite (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) NPO members against supposed PW threats, asking them to join and potentially mule (if they are not interested in activity). Do you truly not understand the difference? Why are we even arguing this?

3. I'm curious as to who you are referring to with your 'chip on shoulder' comment. If you believe t$ and allies are attempting to emulate NPO, you may want to recheck your understanding of our history. We have been attacked more often than we have been the aggressor. We have consistently taken the tougher route because it makes for better OOC gameplay. I would point you towards our unwillingness to ally Guardian when they were in our prime, our unwillingness to fall in line with Rose after our protectorate was up, and our decision to ally a newcomer in VE to form a new sphere. I would point you towards our decision to cancel on Paragon instead of taking the easy route, sucking it up, having me step down and/or smoothing over relations with VE by falling in line. That would have led to quick and easy dominance. 

You seem so concentrated on everyone's supposed hatred for NPO that you forget that this game has a history of its own, with rivalries of its own. You are a newcomer. Yes, you are on my FA radar because you have grown into the top 10 and you have allied a large majority of the top alliances. Yes, you were on my radar when you formed because I recognized growth potential and ambition- something many recognized with me as evidenced by the various diplomatic offers you received at the time. And yes, I am aware of your (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) history. We chose however, to not carry that over and simply let you grow in peace, learn the game and position yourself.

So tell me. Why are you excessively pulling the victim card right now? Why do you insist that there must be some grand hatred or conspiracy against you? The fact of the matter is that your (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) branch brought PW to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) as they incited their war using the 'for steve' comment. It may have been deliberate. it may have been an ill timed joke. The fact of the matter is that it raised eyebrows because it was crossover in itself, and that by virtue of that, you are to deal with cleaning up that mess. What you do *not* do in that situation, is run around victimizing yourself and framing the offended party as being the offender. Especially not while you actively hold a (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) recruitment effort citing an out-of-context cropped line from a mostly inactive non-government member of said party as the perpetrator of a supposed existential threat towards your *Branch*. 

We aren't holding a grudge based on (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). We are annoyed over you crossing (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and PW. We also have in-game, PW-related reasons to be wary of you. Those are things which I have discussed with Mrhat, and those weigh far more heavily for me than any (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)-related stuff.

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Now this is getting interesting. let's break it down:

1. You bring forth the argument that because MI6 was previously rolled while alpha was aligned with t$, there can be no strict parallel in terms of relations between the two. Extrapolating that logic to tS-MI6: MI6 was previously rolled and tS did not retalliate. Moreso: tS was allied to alpha at the time and did not care. Therefore, there can be no strict parallel in terms of relations between the two. Thank you for clearing that up.

2. tS operates under a different name, a new brand and is a seperate, sovereign alliance. Our government loathes the manner in which MI6 in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) functions and has not attempted to emulate them in any way shape or form. NPO on the other hand has brought over the name, flag, and actively draws from its member base. As has been shown in the screenshot in the OP, it considers itself the PW *branch* of the larger NPO brand, and has used cropped logs to incite (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) NPO members against supposed PW threats, asking them to join and potentially mule (if they are not interested in activity). Do you truly not understand the difference? Why are we even arguing this?

3. I'm curious as to who you are referring to with your 'chip on shoulder' comment. If you believe t$ and allies are attempting to emulate NPO, you may want to recheck your understanding of our history. We have been attacked more often than we have been the aggressor. We have consistently taken the tougher route because it makes for better OOC gameplay. I would point you towards our unwillingness to ally Guardian when they were in our prime, our unwillingness to fall in line with Rose after our protectorate was up, and our decision to ally a newcomer in VE to form a new sphere. I would point you towards our decision to cancel on Paragon instead of taking the easy route, sucking it up, having me step down and/or smoothing over relations with VE by falling in line. That would have led to quick and easy dominance. 

You seem so concentrated on everyone's supposed hatred for NPO that you forget that this game has a history of its own, with rivalries of its own. You are a newcomer. Yes, you are on my FA radar because you have grown into the top 10 and you have allied a large majority of the top alliances. Yes, you were on my radar when you formed because I recognized growth potential and ambition- something many recognized with me as evidenced by the various diplomatic offers you received at the time. And yes, I am aware of your (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) history. We chose however, to not carry that over and simply let you grow in peace, learn the game and position yourself.

So tell me. Why are you excessively pulling the victim card right now? Why do you insist that there must be some grand hatred or conspiracy against you? The fact of the matter is that your (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) branch brought PW to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) as they incited their war using the 'for steve' comment. It may have been deliberate. it may have been an ill timed joke. The fact of the matter is that it raised eyebrows because it was crossover in itself, and that by virtue of that, you are to deal with cleaning up that mess. What you do *not* do in that situation, is run around victimizing yourself and framing the offended party as being the offender. Especially not while you actively hold a (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) recruitment effort citing an out-of-context cropped line from a mostly inactive non-government member of said party as the perpetrator of a supposed existential threat towards your *Branch*. 

We aren't holding a grudge based on (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). We are annoyed over you crossing (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and PW. We also have in-game, PW-related reasons to be wary of you. Those are things which I have discussed with Mrhat, and those weigh far more heavily for me than any (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)-related stuff.

1. I'm not really sure of the argument here. 

2. Now you are denying tS drew from MI6's memberbase and that of current/former MI6 allies? Are you denying that tS gives instructions to potential recruits from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) alliances on how to build their nations?  These are all things that have happened and MI6/TOP/Sparta members continue to join tS. Again with the cropped logs thing. I already said it was immaterial and had we been provided with the full conversation instead of it being made a PR issue, it would have still been used.  Our government is very different from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) NPO's aside from Frawley and LoD having roles and LoD mainly serves in an advisory capacity.  Aside from those details there are a lot of parallels. I don't know why you are fixated so much on the distinction other than to use it to signify us bringing (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) over to PW.

3. I wasn't actually referring to emulating NPO. To be frank, it's more reminiscent of the 2009-2011 time in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) especially with the emphasis on getting attacked first and the flooding of the forums by people within the same group. One alliance seems to want to relive those times albeit no longer in the driver's seat they occupied back then but rather behind you.  Almost all  of your bets were  planned for it to be not to much of a risk. When leaving paragon,you had fallbacks  in place and were ready to position your divided opposition to get rolled and you have relied on the divide and conquer dynamic consistently and now complain when you are less successful at it.

4. I haven't ignored the other history. I've been around for it and watched the same thing play out time and time again. I"m not really sure why you are pointing this out. A lot of people still don't like NPO however and they are mainly in some alliances. The fact that you contemplated the possibility of wiping out NPO even if you did not act on it was alarming on its own..

I haven't said anything about a grand conspiracy just that within the ecosystem of PW many see Pacifica as a problem and would deal with it if possible. You have made it clear you see us as a threat long-term.

What victim card? The fact of the matter is there were threatening comments and your allies began to mobilize on the 7th  after MI6 was hit on the 6th and there were reports of a lot of people being upset over the "For Steve" thing.  (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) NPO did not post that. Umbrella did not post that.  Sengoku did not post it.  PW NPO did not post that but nonetheless Alpha's allies were threatened. We made attempts to clear up the rationale for war. They weren't good enough for you. Continuing to pretend the "cropped" log was the only reason we felt threatened is really obscuring the real reason.  Did you not read my posts in the other topic? I would have had no issue using the full context logs.  We had things to go on. This entirely contradicts the understanding you exhibited in your conversation with MrHat and it's disappointing for you to return to this line of reasoning. If someone decides they have some sort of right to come after us because Caustic posted For Steve along with people in your PW allies, we will feel threatened. The thread did not go up until the 8th or 9th and you had plenty of time to clear up your intentions. Instead we were just called out constantly and as soon as it went up, your leak gave you the screen and took out the date. 

This backtracking to the initial chim logs being the sole basis for anything as your argument against us is pretty bad and contradicts a lot of what you said to MrHat. Even if you still have the intention of coming after us, I could respect the fact that you conceded several points.

Edited by Roquentin

It's not. You have a similar flag. Similar members. If anyone believes you when you say a few members, they're gullible as hell.  You came over to tS from MI6 originally. Roy did and he was gov of MI6 by January. Manthrax did. Cynic did. List goes on.You're one of the biggest peddlers of warped narratives. It really isn't. The parallels  with it and PW NPO are actually pretty close since tS is basically mainly comprised of MI6's closest allies at the time it was formed along with MI6. The whole "we have Sparta/TOP people" argument is funny for that reason.

8315460.gif

Truly and utterly incredible the limits you will go to so as to warp outright falsehoods to suit your own narrative.

I am actually amused now, please tell me more how tS is a clone of MI6 and similar to the branches of NPO in that regards.

Untitled.png

8315460.gif

Truly and utterly incredible the limits you will go to so as to warp outright falsehoods to suit your own narrative.

I am actually amused now, please tell me more how tS is a clone of MI6 and similar to the branches of NPO in that regards.

I heard Rose and BK are branches of MI6 as well lmfao

that's probably why all three of these MI6 "crossovers" are all in the same sphere amirite?

Edited by Eumirbago
Lxr4VfE.png

I heard Rose and BK are branches of MI6 as well lmfao

that's probably why all three of these MI6 "crossovers" are all in the same sphere amirite?

It is like a convoluted inbred redneck MI6 family tree apparently. Never mind that guerrilla republik and by extension vanguard which Roq was a member of are also involved in it since cynic was one of the original tS founders and who also founded GR.

Cynic founded GR, GR became vanguard (notice a fair few of NPO's gov originate from vanguard), NPO splinters from vanguard, vanguard later merges into NPO.

Conclusion, NPO is an MI6 splinter :P

giphy.gif

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Untitled.png

The alliances have similar flags?  That is an insult to a very nice MI6 flag and the god-awful abortion of green nonsense used by Syndicate.

The color scheme is different but there are a lot of similarities in symbolism with the animal heraldry and the crown.

8315460.gif

I could just go down the member list and list their origins and it would help my argument. I don't really care about what you think at this point, to be frank. Your incredulity and nitpicking on this point is pretty worthless and I shouldn't have been responding to you at all to begin with.

I was referring to one "branch" in particular with some parallels.

The crossover argument is stupid at this point and I have little investment in it even with tS = MI6.  You pretty much ignored all the things I pointed out.

The derails are in essence tar pits and I'm done indulging them especially with people like you who see themselves as high moral authorities on real life personalities.

As for eumir's comment: BK definitely within Syndisphere. I don't think Rose has much of a concentration like before, but it existed before tS anyway.  If you guys want to keep denying that tS has a lot of MI6 members and MI6 allies at the time of its formation, be my guest and you can keep circlejerking each other.

I have no real narrative in pointing it out other than the fact there is crossover in membership. 

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 1

The color scheme is different but there are a lot of similarities in symbolism with the animal heraldry and the crown.

To be fair, the MI6 heraldry is *literally* ripped from the new James Bond movies, derived from the actual, real world insignia of MI6 - which we didn't want to use lest we, you know, end up on watchlists or some shit.

g23Jm5K.png

I could just go down the member list and list their origins and it would help my argument. I don't really care about what you think at this point, to be frank. Your incredulity and nitpicking on this point is pretty worthless and I shouldn't have been responding to you at all to begin with.

I was referring to one "branch" in particular with some parallels.

The crossover argument is stupid at this point and I have little investment in it even with tS = MI6. You pretty much ignored all the things I pointed out.

The derails are in essence tar pits and I'm done indulging them especially with people like you who see themselves as high moral authorities on real life personalities.

As for eumir's comment: BK definitely within Syndisphere. I don't think Rose has much of a concentration like before, but it existed before tS anyway. If you guys want to keep denying that tS has a lot of MI6 members and MI6 allies at the time of its formation, be my guest and you can keep circlejerking each other.

I have no real narrative in pointing it out other than the fact there is crossover in membership.

^^

Riiiiiiip.

Edited by greatkitteh

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Did you sleep with your sister, niece, aunty or cousin to give birth to these unholy abominations which have become your descendants? 

I banged Stannis Baratheon, and the shadow babies became secret MI6 bastions across Orbis.

Edited by Chimaera
  • Upvote 1

g23Jm5K.png

It's not. You have a similar flag. Similar members. If anyone believes you when you say a few members, they're gullible as hell.  You came over to tS from MI6 originally. Roy did and he was gov of MI6 by January. Manthrax did. Cynic did. List goes on.You're one of the biggest peddlers of warped narratives. It really isn't. The parallels  with it and PW NPO are actually pretty close since tS is basically mainly comprised of MI6's closest allies at the time it was formed along with MI6. The whole "we have Sparta/TOP people" argument is funny for that reason.

We're similar because we opted for a classy coat of arms? That's amusing. I mean, I get that it's part of a supposed accumulation of facts, but surely you understand that's a reach. A coat of arms is entirely in-character for a corporate-themed alliance that got it's start in Europe, and continued on to move it's Headquarters to an offshore banking haven (The Bahamas were chosen entirely because Grand Cayman is too small to appear on the in-game map, but our original in-game HQ is in Switzerland). Feel free to google a few. I suggest RBS for a start :)

While I was indeed gov in MI6 in January, it's probably worth noting that I was brought in for a very specific job (to clean up internal procedures). Once that job was complete I stepped down about as swiftly as possible. I serve solely as the alliance needs me, in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). Conversely, tS initial gov was chosen by one-time vote - I won because I bothered to actually organize the guides. If you can scare Cynic out of wherever crevice he hid in, he can certainly confirm as much. The idea that me becoming MI6 gov had anything to do with tS is pretty comical (in fact, I seem to recall the M's being less than thrilled with me splitting my attention).

The important distinction between tS and (PW)NPO, perhaps, is that we don't recruit saying "hey come over because we're going to need more resources", we recruit saying "hey come over because (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is a game that is entirely past its prime and you're bored". I mean yes, the game needs to grow, but I think it's a perfectly debatable question whether or not the sort of "casual players" that (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) NPO has enjoyed so much success with are actually beneficial to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) or if they would be beneficial to PW. This is a perspective you and I might actually be closer on than most suspect, it would be nice to have a conversation about it that isn't covered with OWF gunk.

If anyone else but NPO or tS is reading this, I commend you but also would like to offer condolences for having no life.

• Upvote 4

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

I'm amazed to see the amount of people who keep arguing about who cloned a community into PnW and who did not, with a guy from an alliance with the same name, flag, theme, organization, values, emperor, charter, member base and allies than a (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) Alliance, going as far as even labeling itself as a "branch" of said (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) alliance.

• Upvote 3