Military Unit: Mines

Andrezj Kolarov

The idea is basically two new military units; Land Mines and Sea Mines. You can surround your entire land or sea borders with mines, at maximum your mines are 100%, which means that your entire land or sea borders are completely mined, you can buy 20% of either land or sea mines a day, meaning it would take up to 5 days to completely mine your land or sea border.

What would mines do? Well in defensive battles they would greatly increase the casualties the enemy takes and increases your chances of winning the battle, even if your are outnumbered. Land mines would destroy attacking Soldiers and Tanks, while Sea mines would destroy attacking Naval Ships.

What's the down side? Well firstly when mines destroy enemy units they also destroy themselves (obviously), so you would need to pay to constantly replace them, and you can only build 20% a day. Also mines make it unsafe to launch attacks, so if you have land mines deployed you cannot launch ground attacks, and if you have sea mines deployed you cannot launch naval attacks (no matter what % mines you have). You can of course launch airstrikes while still having mines deployed. Also, if you have Sea Mines deployed, not only can't you launch naval attacks, but you can't trade either. Both types of mines can also be targeted and destroyed by enemy Aircraft.

How much would they cost? Not sure on basic prices, but they would cost Steel, Munitions and Money to build, but they wouldn't have upkeep cost. How much exactly would depend on how big your nation's total land size is.

• Upvote 2

This sounds good, only thing that the number of mines deployed should not be revealed and an enemy nation has to either guess it out or find out using a spy ops.

Destruction of mines through planes should be limited as the mines are always hidden and are difficult to be targeted.

• Upvote 1

This sounds good, only thing that the number of mines deployed should not be revealed and an enemy nation has to either guess it out or find out using a spy ops.

Destruction of mines through planes should be limited as the mines are always hidden and are difficult to be targeted.

Good point.

i wonder if they are created by no. 1-50 and when your choose randomly choose the exact no. of the land mine is, detonation comes..'cos the map is only used for for what resources you can mine, and is not available for land mines.

=======

can the sea mines only denotes any troops other than yours?

Edited by Arthur James

I have a slightly different idea... how about you can attack while having mines deployed, but you have to go through a confirmation box that tells you only a percentage of the soldiers you take will actually make it to the fight, while the others are killed. It would add  bit more strategy than "you can't attack", making it "you must sacrifice a percentage of your soldiers to attack". Once perks come around, there could be a "Mine Detection" perk that decreases the percentage of soldiers that are killed when going through an area ridden with mines.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

In real life there are lanes that allow the forces that employed them to move through in both directions. Sometimes units do wander into their own minefields irl. This game is not real life though so whatever.

Really this is not a spectacular idea mechanics wise.

Edited by LordRahl2

-signature removed for rules violation-