"Home field advantage" and challenge games..

LordRahl2

Sheepy,

I don't think when you added the home field advantage code you meant for it to apply to challenge games. It appears that they are being effected though based on who issues and accepts the challenge game. I assume the games should occur on a "neutral field" or something.

Biggest impact is to player run tournaments or whatever you would like to call them.

Kthxbye.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

Who told you there was a "home field advantage"? There hasn't ever been one.

About 60k games worth of experience.

Obviously, if you say that there isn't one - then there isn't, but that makes absolutely no sense to me. :confused:

• Administrators

I think I actually looked at this before, and compared the results of all the games in the database, and found that it was about a 50/50 split. But yes, I'm sure there's no home field advantage.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

That is incredible. Every regular player I have talked to has noticed that they are less likely to win away games, specifically in overmatch games.

Actually thinking about it:

If there is an even split then that is a problem. Most away games are played by high skill players, generally lower score players use home games and don't move the que, so that would imply that there is a home game advantage.

• Administrators

The database says that the number of games won by the home team vs. the away team is: 152051

Number of games where away team wins vs. home team is: 280903

And again, there is nowhere in the code that a "home team advantage exists" and if anything, the numbers would suggest the opposite (like an "away team advantage" exists.)

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Actually, those make sense. Thanks for checking.

As I said, high skill teams play away games and low skill teams host them (generally speaking). Probably we are just seeing things.

• Upvote 1