Is this really necessary? There is no magic or supernatural powers in the gameplay of P&W so it seems to me inappropriate that it should be allowed in official RP. It's no different than if a Christian country made a RP post saying "Angels from heaven descended to defend our country from the invaders" or "God threw lightning bolts at the invaders".

• Upvote 5

I'd watch out what y'all say about magic. Some people might take that as an OOC attack...

• Upvote 5

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

I don't want to have to watch a bunch of obscure anime to know what the details of magic are, so I agree.

Edited by Chappie
  • Upvote 4

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

I think we would need an official sticky detailing magic, what you are allowed to do with magic, what you can't do, etc.

My nation if officially atheist so we dispel all "magic" just by not believing it exists -_-

I think we would need an official sticky detailing magic, what you are allowed to do with magic, what you can't do, etc

NONONONONONONONON!

If you do that, then it'll get to a point where everything is regulated and listed by a rules list. Then, you won't be able to RP at all because every move you make will be judged by an expansive rule list that kills the heart of the what RP is about; if we wanted our every action to be calculated, we'd play the normal game. Part of the freedom of National Affairs is the ability to represent and carry out actions that have no in-game value or representation.

As consequential RP between nations in consensual anyways, then I say there shouldn't be any regulation whatsoever. Any post about magic that's absurd should just be ignored because that's what we do with all absurd posts anyways.

If two nations wanted to RP war, Nation A and Nation B, and Nation A had magic, then Nation B has the right to dictate the limits of the use of magic. If Nation A doesn't go along, then the RP ends. If Nation B has to harsh of limits, then the RP ends- it'll be in the interest of both parties to give enough ground so that the other will feel comfortable RPing.

• Upvote 4

new_forum_sig_2.png

NONONONONONONONON!

If you do that, then it'll get to a point where everything is regulated and listed by a rules list. Then, you won't be able to RP at all because every move you make will be judged by an expansive rule list that kills the heart of the what RP is about; if we wanted our every action to be calculated, we'd play the normal game. Part of the freedom of National Affairs is the ability to represent and carry out actions that have no in-game value or representation.

As consequential RP between nations in consensual anyways, then I say there shouldn't be any regulation whatsoever. Any post about magic that's absurd should just be ignored because that's what we do with all absurd posts anyways.

If two nations wanted to RP war, Nation A and Nation B, and Nation A had magic, then Nation B has the right to dictate the limits of the use of magic. If Nation A doesn't go along, then the RP ends. If Nation B has to harsh of limits, then the RP ends- it'll be in the interest of both parties to give enough ground so that the other will feel comfortable RPing.

That actually makes a bunch of sense. How dare you speak reason!

;)

Edited by Chappie
  • Upvote 3

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

Is this really necessary? There is no magic or supernatural powers in the gameplay of P&W so it seems to me inappropriate that it should be allowed in official RP. It's no different than if a Christian country made a RP post saying "Angels from heaven descended to defend our country from the invaders" or "God threw lightning bolts at the invaders".

• Upvote 1

I just want to point everyone to these rules. 

Let me highlight a few for a tl;dr

• The Nation Affairs subforum purpose is allow players to role play specific events related to their nations.

So - you're allowed to make events for your nation, we can make "global" events for the RP'ers if we ever got to that. Don't have to, but I mean - you can literally make up events for your nation in your RP. So, have fun with it.

• In-Game refences can be made (Wars, Surrenders, Embargoes, etc) so long as it relates to the topic being discussed.

Add in some stuff from the "real world of orbis" to spice up your RP, but if you do make sure it is real references and it is going along with the topic you created or the topic you are posting in. Adding in information based of the "RL Orbis" stuff could make for some fun discussion.

• This subforum is for roleplaying your in-game nations. You must use your in-game nation name, and while you may expound upon the information in-game, things should remain within the realm and scope of the Orbis world and your in-game nation.

Pretty straight forward - if it can happen in your nation, why can't it happen in RP?

• You must roleplay within your means - by that, I mean you must make reasonable posts and requests. You are not allowed to take control of other nations without explicit consent from that nation leader, and posts like "I invade you and kill all your stuff" will be removed.

Probably the most important one - these ones get a lot of warns to users here. Communicate with people you want to RP with to come up with a "story" to share in this forum. Not only will it be more fun, but it will add more flavor to the forums.

• As a general rule of thumb, you should consult the other person you're interacting with when involved in two-way interactions when there is no in-game precedent. For example, if you win a war against someone in-game, you're welcome to make a roleplay post about how you won the war, but if you do so with no in-game action and the other player has not given consent, your post will be removed.

^ real talk

Ultimately............its Role Play. If you want zebras birthing live human babies in your nation, then so be it. Just make sure you're following the rules and don't make it any harder than it has to be.

• Upvote 4

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

Also a quote from the map thread:

Note of interest: Several members of our RP community have based either their nations or their nation's rulers upon anime-inspired nations or rulers. You're free to roleplay as whatever you wish. It's all welcome here, as long as it is constructive and well-intentioned. HOWEVER, that this does not give you an advantage in terms of wars or anything. In terms of roleplay, you're free to be as creative as you like, as long as you do your best to keep it interesting for others, and as long as you agree to follow the rules. That includes not going Godmode or any such thing against other nations, etc.

We haven't gone Godmode with magic, so it shouldn't be anyone's business what we include in our RP.

• Upvote 3

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

I say magic can ONLY be used by Rokkenjima and GMR since they ACTUALLY follow the rules and NEVER op themselves

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

I say magic can ONLY be used by Rokkenjima and GMR since they ACTUALLY follow the rules and NEVER op themselves

I actually agree. Most of the wannabe magic users i've seen are total shite. Like have you seen it? It's cringeworthy at best. Solaris and Eva-Beatrice nail it perfectly.

Edited by Spyglass
  • Upvote 2

I actually agree. Most of the wannabe magic users i've seen are total shite. Like have you seen it? It's cringeworthy at best. Solaris and Eva-Beatrice nail it perfectly.

Of course, that does not prevent magic users to be living in other nations, and being recruited into the army. But I personally think that there should only be a small group of magic users in any other nation's army unless they are one of the stated nations.

Of course, that does not prevent magic users to be living in other nations, and being recruited into the army. But I personally think that there should only be a small group of magic users in any other nation's army unless they are one of the stated nations.

Oh my god. What are you? The hitler of roleplay? Everyone has to follow your standards? News Flash for you. Solaris and Eva-Beatrice never included anyone into their roleplay other than EVA, Yukiteru, and Lelouch. What doesn't help is this forum is full of plagiarism. It's hideous. What? Ideas don't exist anymore? 

• Upvote 2

Oh my god. What are you? The hitler of roleplay? Everyone has to follow your standards? News Flash for you. Solaris and Eva-Beatrice never included anyone into their roleplay other than EVA, Yukiteru, and Lelouch. What doesn't help is this forum is full of plagiarism. It's hideous. What? Ideas don't exist anymore? 

Who are you? Your nation doesn't link anywhere and I can't find ''Spyglass'' or ''Wikiland'' in the game.

Edited by Thalmor
  • Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

I am not saying that. It is just my perspective.

What if, say just what if

The only magic users that EXIST are controlled PURELY by eva and solaris?

This is an rp after all, with cooperation anything is possible! Thats why galactic empire rps exist.

Bottom Line? ONLY MAGIC ELEMENTS IN THE RP IS DONE BY EVA AND SOLARIS  UNTIL PEOPLE LEARN HOW TO RP

• Upvote 1

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

What if, say just what if

The only magic users that EXIST are controlled PURELY by eva and solaris?

This is an rp after all, with cooperation anything is possible! Thats why galactic empire rps exist.

Bottom Line? ONLY MAGIC ELEMENTS IN THE RP IS DONE BY EVA AND SOLARIS  UNTIL PEOPLE LEARN HOW TO RP

ya but magic is not a thing that they made up, if someone made Hogwarts a nation they get to use magic fairly