Star Wars: Who are Rey's Parents?

Kastor

So a big discussion in the Star Wars fanbase is who Rey's parents are. A lot of people think its Obi-Wan Kenobi, but I have my doubts. Obi Wan died way too early to be Rey's father, but some have claimed it could've been her Grandfather. Although I have doubts about that as Obi Wan was on Tatooine and they never showed him meeting anyone. Though it could be true, but its a stretch.

Another theory was it was Luke's Daughter, but I don't think it is him. Star Wars loves its big reveals and twists and this isn't one. Ben is the skywalker here and I doubt Luke had any relations with anyone. Plus Rey is too powerful in the force for Luke's mere force abilities.

Here's my theory: and its a bit of a stretch but if you think about it, it fits. Rey, is Emperor Palpatine's daughter/granddaughter.

Here me out here, the person who is Rey's parent has to be someone who is a big shock to audiences, it has to have that WOW!!!! Effect. The person also has to be a force user, Rey is too powerful to not be a force user's daughter. Rey also means King, and Star Wars has never been one to beat around the bush on names.

Now here's my theory. The story will go like this. Ben(Kyle Ren) was on the light side of the force, and turned to darkness. Rey was on the dark side(being Palpatine's daughter) and turned to the light sode. And when they battle, they'll have to push away the other side, before one consumes them. Plus, I believe Ben will turn back to the Light and kill Rey, who will turn evil.

Thoughts?

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Here me out here, the person who is Rey's parent has to be someone who is a big shock to audiences, it has to have that WOW!!!! Effect. The person also has to be a force user, Rey is too powerful to not be a force user's daughter. Rey also means King, and Star Wars has never been one to beat around the bush on names.

Thoughts?

Based on the above statement.......who would have more of a major "WOW" effect AND who was a very powerful force user......and my answer below is.......

Yoda......duh!!!!!

Please don't troll guys I really like Star Wars.

Wasn't trying too.......well, maybe a little.

I don't mean to also point out a very repetitive plot, but Anakin, Luke and Rey also started their movie debutes on a desert planet. 

Very good point!  I mean the original 3 (Episodes IV-VI) were pretty much all about Luke.  The next 3, (Episodes I-III), were pretty much all about Anakin.  Now with the start of next 3 (Episode VII), I think these will mainly focus on Rey.  Besides the beginning of each trilogy starting the same, on a desert planet, how did each of those episodes end?  Toward the end of each one, the main character leaves their home world under the guidance of a more seasoned/experienced mentor if you will.  Granted Anakin's mom was still there, but he was a slave so he didn't have much to look forward to if he stayed.  They all left because of issues with the Republic/Empire and wanted to be trained so they could kick their asses.

X4EfkAB.png

Here's my theory: and its a bit of a stretch but if you think about it, it fits. Rey, is Emperor Palpatine's daughter/granddaughter.

The reason she isn't Palpatine's daughter is the same reason she isn't Obi's daughter. 

The obvious answer is Luke, is there anyone else significant for it to be?

IpHGyGc.png

The reason she isn't Palpatine's daughter is the same reason she isn't Obi's daughter. 

The obvious answer is Luke, is there anyone else significant for it to be?

Too obvious. Luke isn't the father.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

That begs the question who else is significant, I don't follow the star wars universe so I don't really know who else could be her father or mother. 

Her being Palpatine grand daughter is interesting, Obi Wan's grand daughter is probably more likely and would resemble the relationship between Obi Wan and Luke but now Luke is the master. 

IpHGyGc.png

• 2 weeks later...

If I was the scriptwriter the story would so continue: in the families where there are twins there are often twins in the following generations. In the families where we separate the twins in the birth for their safety we can do this another time. The most important question is : why Han Solo is coming in the next opus ? as a ghost ? a flashback ?

• 1 month later...