Legacy Hall

Morgan

Hey all. I propose an in-game feature called Legacy Hall be added to honor players who have passed away and influential members who have retired from the game. Information included could include a portrait, nation name, ruler name, date joined game/left game and date of birth/death date (for players who have passed away), and a brief paragraph to discuss the player's legacy in PW. This feature would fall under the 'World' section. 

Edited by Morgan
  • Upvote 3

Who would decide who joins the "Legacy Hall" ?

Moreau III, greatkitteh, and inst of course. The 3 great pillars of our community.

Edited by Conroy
  • Upvote 5

LordRahl2, on 10 Jul 2015 - 5:53 PM, said: "Imagine it. Lets say that Sheepy had an idea that was at lest questionable. As a way out there idea lets say he thought about adding T-Rexs to the game in some way." "As you know this is hypothetical since Sheepy has never considered adding T-Rexs to the game."

I like the Idea. For example the Grand Principality of Caucasus' Flag is available for everyone to use. Having legacy flags available having a Hall of Fame would be cool. And A few names come to mind. I'm sure everyone would put Lord Frostsword as a first ballot Hall of Famer. I think it would be best to decide it via a voting of Veteran members. Hopefully ones who can take it seriously and not troll. Nominations would be some thing that could be put together.

• Upvote 1

Fire is nice eh?

I like the Idea. For example the Grand Principality of Caucasus' Flag is available for everyone to use. Having legacy flags available having a Hall of Fame would be cool. And A few names come to mind. I'm sure everyone would put Lord Frostsword as a first ballot Hall of Famer. I think it would be best to decide it via a voting of Veteran members. Hopefully ones who can take it seriously and not troll. Nominations would be some thing that could be put together.

Eh. This seems hard to do and we can't have open voting since it would come down to who's alliance has the most members(usually)

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Who would decide who joins the "Legacy Hall" ?

Of course all players who have passed away would be added. And for any player who's been part of the game x-amount of time and officially retires from the game, their nation can be put in permanent legacy mode for viewing along with the other information listed above. The time requirement would take away the need for voting. 

LF wouldn't qualify because he is still an active member of the game. However there are many others who have come and gone who would. 

Eh. This seems hard to do and we can't have open voting since it would come down to who's alliance has the most members(usually)

See above for my response to voting. 

• Upvote 2

The nation age sounds like a good way to do it. The hard part will be coming up a long enough time period though. It can't be too short or else there's not much value to the whole idea. You also have to remember the oldest nation currently is only 645 days old.

• Upvote 1

LordRahl2, on 10 Jul 2015 - 5:53 PM, said: "Imagine it. Lets say that Sheepy had an idea that was at lest questionable. As a way out there idea lets say he thought about adding T-Rexs to the game in some way." "As you know this is hypothetical since Sheepy has never considered adding T-Rexs to the game."

It can't just be age though. The Player has to have accomplished something. They have to have been a long standing member of the community and been apart of wars, governments and contributed to the game. We can't just throw any guy into a hall of fame. They need to be a guy/girl who's done something.

• Upvote 2

Fire is nice eh?

The nation age sounds like a good way to do it. The hard part will be coming up a long enough time period though. It can't be too short or else there's not much value to the whole idea. You also have to remember the oldest nation currently is only 645 days old.

It can't just be age though. The Player has to have accomplished something. They have to have been a long standing member of the community and been apart of wars, governments and contributed to the game. We can't just throw any guy into a hall of fame. They need to be a guy/girl who's done something.

To Conroy and Livius, a combination of a minimum amount of time spent playing the game and the requirement for having accomplishments while playing would seem sufficient. 

• Wiki Mod

I was actually considering doing something like this based on the astroempires model.

http://forum.astroempires.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=113787

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

I think it would best to have it be represented in-game. Make it a Tab underneath Nations. Hall of Fame.  When the player is placed in the hall we say how long they played and what alliances they played for. 

Fire is nice eh?

I think it would best to have it be represented in-game. Make it a Tab underneath Nations. Hall of Fame.  When the player is placed in the hall we say how long they played and what alliances they played for. 

Right. As I suggested in my original post, Livius! 

Right. As I suggested in my original post, Livius! 

Sorry I saw World and didn't think of it, I mean it was a day between your entry and that comment. And no more suggestions from me. We just have to talk with Sheepy and figure out how to make it work.

Edited by Livius Clades

Fire is nice eh?

• 2 weeks later...