5/5/2016 - State Religion & Cosmetic Improvements

Alex

looks really nice :)

• Upvote 1

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

Edit: In seriousness though. I'm fine with projects having images but cities feels like taking too much space for no reason. Religion is nice, but war policies being moved down to military feels weird. Since it was very easy to tell domestic and war policies right off the bat since they were clumped at the top.

Edited by Hooves
  • Upvote 4

Dioist star and crescent is an essential addition. In green.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

All it needs is some arrows on either side of the city name so I can view the next city without going back to the main list.

• Upvote 3

Thanks Sheepy, I always thought that I was able to see too much information at once before. Now I can see even fewer cities and projects at one time, thus preventing me from overloading my brain with too much stimulus.

But on the off chance that I feel like shutting down my brain, how do I undo the changes?

• Upvote 1

I've updated how Cities are displayed on the Nation page. No information was lost, but it now shows your City's image and looks nicer.

I'm not seeing city images...?

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

great job sheepy, how do we change our city pictures???

Click on the city you want to change the image of, look at the bottom left corner of the current image, there's text that says "choose new city image" Which has been around for a while now, but was a bit hard to notice.

PS Objective #21 - but sheepy what if I don't use facebook / any social media! can I skip that one please oh please

• Upvote 1

Hey all -

I know there are some concerns about mechanical issues with the game (particularly war mechanics), and that this update is not about that at all. Still, I hope you can put aside those concerns for a moment while I announce some cosmetic changes to the game.

• State Religion has been added as an option to the game. You can name it whatever you want (within the Game Rules) and select one of a variety of symbols based on real world religions. It has no mechanical impact on your nation, it's just a for-fun thing.
  • I've broken up the "Domestic" section of the nation table into "Domestic" and "Economic" sections. This should keep things a little more organized and easier to follow.
  • I've updated how Cities are displayed on the Nation page. No information was lost, but it now shows your City's image and looks nicer.
  • National Projects are displayed differently (nicer) on the nation page as well. It includes an image and brief description of each project that you have.
  • I've added an "Export" button onto City pages. Don't panic or freak out, it's there so that you'll be able to export improvement templates and share them with others at a later date. I haven't added functionality toward city build templates yet, but this is a first step.
  • I've changed how forms are displayed: inputs are a little larger, and look more modern. Just trying to keep the game with the times; we don't want Politics & War to look like it's from the '90s.

That's all folks! Enjoy the changes, give me your feedback, and let me know if I somehow caused any issues. I tested this extensively on mobile and didn't come across any issues, but if you have any, let me know.

EDIT: I forgot - I also added 3 new objectives!

Can we have optional religions? like for VIPs where we can create our own religion rather than using a real life one?

• Upvote 1

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Can we have optional religions? like for VIPs where we can create our own religion rather than using a real life one?

You can already create custom religions, that was mentioned in the OP.

• Upvote 1

You haven't made in-game religions available in the religion section. There are quite a few. Liviusianism/Dragonism, Purple Gecko, the Blood God and Dioism should be included with religion.

Fire is nice eh?

You can already create custom religions, that was mentioned in the OP.

Lol this is what happens when I don't pay attention rip

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

You haven't made in-game religions available in the religion section. There are quite a few. Liviusianism/Dragonism, Purple Gecko, the Blood God and Dioism should be included with religion.

As previously stated, you can name the State religion as anything, it's only the symbols that are limited, and even those can be customised with VIP.

• Upvote 1

Dont forget religions in Suikoden games which I like to implement for my Suikoden nation

As previously stated, you can name the State religion as anything, it's only the symbols that are limited, and even those can be customised with VIP.

I have been looking where we can do this in the game and I have VIP, but it looks like the system has not been implemented yet.

• Upvote 2

I have been looking where we can do this in the game and I have VIP, but it looks like the system has not been implemented yet.

Yes, from what I've heard, it will be available soon.

• Upvote 1

Yeah but we have large institutions of faith unique to P&W. Those should have been made available from the start. Since they are used and know through the community. And custom symbols haven't been implemented yet.

Fire is nice eh?

Needs Dioist emblem

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

• Jax locked this topic