Can't Verify Myself as Human from China

Culdee

This isn't necessarily a bug per say but a very huge inconvenience if one is living in China and trying to enjoy Politics & War:

When I go to the market in-game to buy coal, and get 'randomly' selected to 'verify' my identify as a human, I get re-directed to the 'Unlock Trading Ability' verification page:

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/trade/unlock/

Okay fine.  It's good to verify oneself as a human, but here is the problem:  the verification active content thingy embedded in the webpage is from GOOGLE.  Google and everything affiliated with Google is blocked in China:

google.com

google-analytics.com

When I get to the verification page, the embedded verification object thing never loads. Ever.  It can't, which means I'm not permitted to buy anything from the market until I complete the verification. Hence, every time I need to buy resources off the market, it's often a catastrophic inconvenience because I need to buy goods while they're cheap, between blockades during a war, or I'm reaching my minimum and need to top up before I run out and pay my steel mill workers overtime to do nothing.

Can we just switch the verification object to something NOT Google affiliated? Thaaaaaaaaaaaat be great. ;)

Edited by Culdee
  • Upvote 1

Stigma on chinese is real. I think Sheepy supports Donald Trump... Secretly...

Anyway, try Firefox? Or Waterfox? Both are good browser and works like charm. They also hardly get infect with viruses and they functions almost like google chrome with add-ons.

Commander-in-Chief of Svalbard Island

Badassery Rating: 100% / Popularity Rating: 100%

• Administrators

Interesting predicament, I was unaware they were that strict in China. I presume using some sort of proxy is not an option?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I think that a proxy/VPN would work. There are some good free ones I hope you can download from China. If not, ask some friends, I guarantee you will have at least one who has a VPN set up.

Edited by Techcraft2

Stigma on chinese is real. I think Sheepy supports Donald Trump... Secretly...

Anyway, try Firefox? Or Waterfox? Both are good browser and works like charm. They also hardly get infect with viruses and they functions almost like google chrome with add-ons.

I've tried IE 11, the latest version of Firefox, and Chrome.  The verification module cannot load regardless of the browser used. 

Interesting predicament, I was unaware they were that strict in China. I presume using some sort of proxy is not an option?

A proxy is a very inconvenient option.  Beijing is cracking down on proxies too now, and are getting very good at blocking them as well.  There are only certain 'windows' of time during the day that a proxy works (very early in the morning China time).  During the evening, proxies/VPNs are so slow they cannot even connect most of the time---including paid VPNs such as ExpressVPN.

The bottom line is that proxies only provide the minimum needed to play the game, but at a huge inconvenience.  If proxies/VPNs weren't available, then P&W wouldn't be playable at all, at least concerning trade/markets which I consider an essential component.

Edited by Culdee

• Administrators

I've tried IE 11, the latest version of Firefox, and Chrome.  The verification module cannot load regardless of the browser used. 

A proxy is a very inconvenient option.  Beijing is cracking down on proxies too now, and are getting very good at blocking them as well.  There are only certain 'windows' of time during the day that a proxy works (very early in the morning China time).  During the evening, proxies/VPNs are so slow they cannot even connect most of the time---including paid VPNs such as ExpressVPN.

The bottom line is that proxies only provide the minimum needed to play the game, but at a huge inconvenience.  If proxies/VPNs weren't available, then P&W wouldn't be playable at all, at least concerning trade/markets which I consider an essential component.

I'm kind of in limbo here - I'm not sure what to do. Changing from Google to a different captcha would likely inconvenience everyone else that plays the game, because they would no longer be the easy point and click captchas, they would require typing in funny letters and numbers, etc.

I'll try and brainstorm a solution, in the meantime, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

This isn't necessarily a bug per say but a very huge inconvenience if one is living in China and trying to enjoy Politics & War:

When I go to the market in-game to buy coal, and get 'randomly' selected to 'verify' my identify as a human, I get re-directed to the 'Unlock Trading Ability' verification page:

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/trade/unlock/

Okay fine.  It's good to verify oneself as a human, but here is the problem:  the verification active content thingy embedded in the webpage is from GOOGLE.  Google and everything affiliated with Google is blocked in China:

google.com

google-analytics.com

When I get to the verification page, the embedded verification object thing never loads. Ever.  It can't, which means I'm not permitted to buy anything from the market until I complete the verification. Hence, every time I need to buy resources off the market, it's often a catastrophic inconvenience because I need to buy goods while they're cheap, between blockades during a war, or I'm reaching my minimum and need to top up before I run out and pay my steel mill workers overtime to do nothing.

Can we just switch the verification object to something NOT Google affiliatedc Thaaaaaaaaaaaat be great. ;)

Have you tried using a cell to play PW or does China crack down on that as well

I'm kind of in limbo here - I'm not sure what to do. Changing from Google to a different captcha would likely inconvenience everyone else that plays the game, because they would no longer be the easy point and click captchas, they would require typing in funny letters and numbers, etc.

I'll try and brainstorm a solution, in the meantime, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Google captchas aren't as convenient as you think they are.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

• Administrators

Google captchas aren't as convenient as you think they are.

They are far more convenient than alternatives.

Forums Rules | Game Link

I gotcha.  The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

I just wanted to make this issue 'official' by putting here in the tech support forums for future consideration when designing verification methods.  Hopefully a solution will present itself that provides the best of both worlds.

• Upvote 1

Would it be possible to have one of each captcha and allow the game to accept input from ether or?

All hail Irken

All hail the Tallest!