Baseball away games' bonus

Nyanro

Everyone playing in OBL notice one thing: There are a lot of people hosting games, but there aren't so many playing away games.

Why is it like this?

Simple: If you host a game you're always winning some $$, whether you win or lose. However playing away games is 'risky' - you can (and as noob you will) lose game and get nothing for all your work with captchas.

I noticed there are currently only like 10 teams playing away games regularly:

Athretvari Jellyfish
Brith Bashers
Daemons Hell Daemons
Felandia Athletics
Imperium Panzers
Marinas Island Apostrophes
Numars Blues

Pleiades Shooting Stars
Xelradia Strikers
Yoitz Wolves

others play really rarely or not at all - they host games all the time instead... but who can blame them? Hosting is more profit

What we need - for more players to actually play AWAY games is some incentive.

What I propose is a bonus of 0.01(or more) to every stat (Pitching/Batting , Speed , Awareness )of every player for every AWAY game played.

but since many of forementioned teams are MAXed (overall rating of 100.00) I additionaly suggest +500$ bonus for every stat that is maxed (up to 1500$ bonus for 1 maxed player & up to 13500$ bonus for maxed team per every away game they play) . I believe that these changes would balance the numbers of host/away players and would promote playing in Orbis Baseball League overall.

Role playing reasons:
Think of it as growing faster through the battle with enemy teams in unknown enviroment(stadium) so players adapt faster :)

And for maxed players: Since they are maxed and famous , it's additional payment for advertisements in TV etc. :P

giphy.gif

tl;dr

Play away game -> +0.01(or more) to all stats of all players in your team

Your player has maxed stats --> +500$bonus for every 100.00 out there.

Please~

• Upvote 2

Nah, it's important to note that if you have your teams maxed and are constantly doing away games, even with less money per game you end up making more due to the sheer speed that you can play. 

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Nah, it's important to note that if you have your teams maxed and are constantly doing away games, even with less money per game you end up making more due to the sheer speed that you can play. 

That's true but I think adding the stat thing would definitely give some teams a better push to actually play away game and we can definitely ignore the money idea since it would push the max you can make for winning a game to 25.5k a game.

If anything away teams should get a very small cash bonus for each game they play even if they don't win.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Well not sure what's easier to implement, but stat +0.01 for every player would equal +0.27 so about one mini-training session = 2000 $

Not really a great cash for big fish (but they have better chance for winning standard way anyway) , but 2k could be pretty nice for baseball beginners (who just continue to lose and getting nothing now)...

still not sure what's easier to write in code (some kind of % from the winner award or just stable, unchanging bonus?)

but it's kinda discouraging when you have 14away games waiting (+6ppl host once again during you clearing the queue) and you get 0-not much$ from all this clicking.

Edited by Nyanro

That's true but I think adding the stat thing would definitely give some teams a better push to actually play away game and we can definitely ignore the money idea since it would push the max you can make for winning a game to 25.5k a game.

If anything away teams should get a very small cash bonus for each game they play even if they don't win.

Just decided to do math exhausted so I could've !@#$ed up but assuming you played an away game every 30 seconds 24/7 it would still take over 200 days straight to max out your players (assuming they start at 0) so it seems kinda useless. An utterly tiny cash bonus might be better instead, consider it merchandising sales instead of tickets.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Jellyfish.png
The management of the Athretvari Jellyfish would like to thank you for highlighting this issue!

YoitzWolves.png

A simple formula might be 10% of host's ticket sales (not winnings, just 10% of earnings for hosting) for the losing away team.

Edited by Tyro Leif
  • Upvote 1

ScientificHumanism.png

• Administrators

If we change the incentive from hosting games to playing away games, everyone will be trying to play away games against no opponents.

In my opinion (and why it's configured how it is) it's more important to make sure there's always a game available if you want to play, than to have the opportunity to make money but having no opponent to play against.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

If we change the incentive from hosting games to playing away games, everyone will be trying to play away games against no opponents.

In my opinion (and why it's configured how it is) it's more important to make sure there's always a game available if you want to play, than to have the opportunity to make money but having no opponent to play against.

It isnt so much to change the prime incentive to host. It's to encourage just a bit more playing of away games by providing a tiny reward (in relation to winning).

The problem now is that too many ONLY want to host now, gumming up the games. If players received just "something" for the what is admittingly the more tedious task of playing away games, then the games may flow better.

I would strongly recommend reconcidering something along the lines of 5-10% of the host's ticket revenue (not winnings) to the visiting (away playing) team if they lose the game.

ScientificHumanism.png

YoitzWolves.png

A simple formula might be 10% of host's ticket sales (not winnings, just 10% of earnings for hosting) for the losing away team.

Wow, it's so cute! You've just made me spend my 1 SheepyCredit :P

And I agree 10% of host earnings would be really nice and it wouldn't break the balance.

And yeah if team playing away wins continuously they get kinda fair pay, but only if they win... what about losers , why this system promotes leeching so much? :P

Wow, it's so cute! You've just made me spend my 1 SheepyCredit :P

And I agree 10% of host earnings would be really nice and it wouldn't break the balance.

And yeah if team playing away wins continuously they get kinda fair pay, but only if they win... what about losers , why this system promotes leeching so much? :P

Sheepy SO owes me. Grrrr....

ScientificHumanism.png