Kasich ? Trump or Cruz ? Clinton or Sanders ? Who do you support ?

Jefftopia

Lets remember what is to come.

e6HDQlA.jpg

Protectionism == lack of economic plan apparently.

Not regime changing all over the place has been the United States policy since 2001? Friendship with Russia? United States needs to work on it's implementation if so. 

Tell me, without Googling it, what is Trump's economic plan to reverse the $19 Trillion dollar debt? Tariffs?

I disagree with Sanders on just about every issue, but I have to give him credit for being about as genuine as a politician can get. That being said, here's three statements he's made that shows just how stupid the man really is...

He said he can't understand why student loan rates are higher than mortgage and car loan rates. (Student loans aren't backed with any collateral)

He said the first thing he will do as President is have "his" Supreme Court overturn Citizen United. (SCOTUS isn't "his". It's a separate branch of government that only rules on cases it decides to hear and rule on)

He says there aren't enough jobs for Americans with college degrees, but wants to make college "free". (He obviously doesn't comprehend the concept of supply and demand)

Elder and Minister of Finance for The Coalition

Tell me, without Googling it, what is Trump's economic plan to reverse the $19 Trillion dollar debt? Tariffs?

Very easy, ensure that expenditures<revenue

Ripoff useless government programs, even out trade, progressive tax rate.. 

Edited by Vahak

the paradise of north korea.

Reduce tax rates, tariffs, ensure businesses stay/move in/to America, get allies to pay more for America's protection, repeal certain wasteful programs. It's also not 19 trillion, it'll be more very shortly so Trump will have to deal with more debt. It's not hard to tell you without google, Trump has repeated such things heavily. 

Very easy, ensure that expenditures<revenue

Ripoff useless government programs, even out trade, progressive tax rate.. 

Reduce tax rates, tariffs, ensure businesses stay/move in/to America, get allies to pay more for America's protection, repeal certain wasteful programs. It's also not 19 trillion, it'll be more very shortly so Trump will have to deal with more debt. It's not hard to tell you without google, Trump has repeated such things heavily. 

Virtually everything mentioned a President is incapable of promising.

Granted, it is better than what Clinton is promising which is mostly that women will have the same equal pay as men and have required time off leave for extended times with pay during child birth.All of this should have instituted by now anyways but it sounds like a play to appeal to a bracket.

Virtually everything mentioned a President is incapable of promising.

Granted, it is better than what Clinton is promising which is mostly that women will have the same equal pay as men and have required time off leave for extended times with pay during child birth.All of this should have instituted by now anyways but it sounds like a play to appeal to a bracket.

The Republicans will be good little boys don't worry. Their opposing thus far is more a cynical "we'll lose with Trump" than anything else I'd say, something fixed the moment he wins. Additionally it plays badly to block actions backed by the "people's mandate". 

• Upvote 1

25% top tax bracket and closing some loopholes will do almost nothing to reduce the debt. Likewise it would benefit the same people that it's always benefited, the rich. His tax cuts alone would cost the economy almost 10 trillion in 10 years. He'll be hard pressed finding enough loopholes to close that will cover that.

25% top tax bracket and closing some loopholes will do almost nothing to reduce the debt. Likewise it would benefit the same people that it's always benefited, the rich. His tax cuts alone would cost the economy almost 10 trillion in 10 years. He'll be hard pressed finding enough loopholes to close that will cover that.

The tax plan is but a small portion of the economic reforms and it's role is not to reduce debt but to encourage work, with a 'tax everyone' stance, work is not very rewarding, the very low tax rate for the lower classes (0% income tax 25,000$-single 50,000$-married) will reward them for work by allowing them to keep more of what they earn. Such a tax plan will increase the value of the dollar allowing you to buy more stuff with less money. 

It is not difficult to just simply cross out the expenditures to achieve a balanced budget, government programs cost trillions in itself, less spending needed. 

Government welfare alone has estimates reaching over a trillion dollars, with obamacare having a cost of over a 134 billion dollars a year which Trump plans on getting rid of among other things. No loopholes are needed in this area, this is pretty easily straightforward, government programs are unpopular in our majority republican senate. 

The Obama administration runs a trade deficit with countries such as China. Imports allot but doesn't export much, this is caused by American companies leaving America to produce goods and then sell them back home to net a nice profit, this helps the businesses a bunch but hurts the country's economic health since it costs us, the tariffs Trump proposed is a way for us to make money out of this by taxing imports to penalize this tactic used by billionaires and to encourage businesses to come back home, we will start to make our own goods. 

• Upvote 1

It is not difficult to just simply cross out the expenditures to achieve a balanced budget, government programs cost trillions in itself, less spending needed. 

Government welfare alone has estimates reaching over a trillion dollars, with obamacare having a cost of over a 134 billion dollars a year which Trump plans on getting rid of among other things. No loopholes are needed in this area, this is pretty easily straightforward, government programs are unpopular in our majority republican senate. 

Maybe, do it and show us what you cut.

http://crfb.org/stabilizethedebt/

Maybe, do it and show us what you cut.

http://crfb.org/stabilizethedebt/

That implies it's all so simple. Cutting something will have an effect, it can be a good or bad one as some government programs will generate more cash than it loses so it ain't quite so plain and simple. Additionally that doesn't take into account things such as the 35% tariff.

That implies it's all so simple. Cutting something will have an effect, it can be a good or bad one as some government programs will generate more cash than it loses so it ain't quite so plain and simple. Additionally that doesn't take into account things such as the 35% tariff.

I literally posted that in response to a guy who said, "It is not difficult to just simply cross out the expenditures to achieve a balanced budget".... He implied that is was simple so I presented him with a relatively simple exercise.

I literally posted that in response to a guy who said, "It is not difficult to just simply cross out the expenditures to achieve a balanced budget".... He implied that is was simple so I presented him with a relatively simple exercise.

What says the numbers on such a thing are correct? Are they going off the cost of it and ignoring what it brings in? Whats the deal with it?

congrats_text.png

"You reduced the debt to 52% of GDP in 2022, and kept it at a sustainable level through 2030."

I assume they take their numbers directly from current budget and budget projections. As with most exercises of this type they are almost never 100% accurate or inclusive, but tend to include the largest costs under the assumption that those they left out make little difference in the end.

From their website:

The Stabilize the Debt simulator was designed to illustrate how budget choices affect debt held by the public in the medium and long term. The numbers in this simulation measure the cumulative change in debt from 2015-2024. The simulator also calculates whether the debt will remain stable through 2030.

To construct our list of options, we reviewed proposals and suggestions from a number of groups in and outside of government. Many of our cost and savings estimates are based on the Congressional Budget Office's (CBO) "Budget Options" reports, and other CBO documents. For some Social Security options, we relied on short- and long-term projections from the Office of the Chief Actuary of the Social Security Administration. Other estimates came from the Office of Management and Budget, the Joint Committee on Taxation, and our own calculations.

Generally speaking, we assumed that most policies would phase in over time. Since most non-Social Security options are only formally estimated over a ten-year period, we used our own calculations to extrapolate their effects in the second decade. In most cases, this meant assuming past growth rates would continue. When there were specific reasons to believe these trends would not continue, our extrapolations differed.

To convert from deficit impact to cumulative debt impact, we calculated the interest effects of each policy change, and then calculated cumulative deficit and interest costs. Although our calculations were done in consultation with experts, any budget estimates are inherently uncertain – depending not only on the exact nature of the policy, but also on the economic situation and on behavior responses to policy which may be difficult to predict. Beyond the ten-year budget window, this uncertainty increases.

This simulation does not employ dynamic scoring in calculating its figures. Many of the options, individually or together, may significantly impact economic growth, such as tax cuts or investments in infrastructure and research and development. However, given the uncertainty in magnitude of these effects, we adopt the standard scoring convention which assumes that policy changes will not lead to changes in macroeconomic variables. As there is no standard for applying dynamic scoring, we follow common budgeting procedure as practiced by organizations like CBO.

Edited by Hodor

What did you do, hit all the options that reduces costs while ignoring those with costs?  lol.

No, but i did try that now. 

You reduced the debt to 34% of GDP in 2020, and kept it at a sustainable level through 2030.

Additionally that doesn't take into account things such as the 35% tariff.

Doesn't even have the option to sell off government assets, government buildings land and vast energy resources, its more about budget work, they should include some of Trump's expected actions to reduce debt if made president. 
Edited by Vahak

I assume they take their numbers directly from current budget and budget projections. As with most exercises of this type they are almost never 100% accurate or inclusive, but tend to include the largest costs under the assumption that those they left out make little difference in the end.

From their website:

The Stabilize the Debt simulator was designed to illustrate how budget choices affect debt held by the public in the medium and long term. The numbers in this simulation measure the cumulative change in debt from 2015-2024. The simulator also calculates whether the debt will remain stable through 2030.

To construct our list of options, we reviewed proposals and suggestions from a number of groups in and outside of government. Many of our cost and savings estimates are based on the Congressional Budget Office's (CBO) "Budget Options" reports, and other CBO documents. For some Social Security options, we relied on short- and long-term projections from the Office of the Chief Actuary of the Social Security Administration. Other estimates came from the Office of Management and Budget, the Joint Committee on Taxation, and our own calculations.

Generally speaking, we assumed that most policies would phase in over time. Since most non-Social Security options are only formally estimated over a ten-year period, we used our own calculations to extrapolate their effects in the second decade. In most cases, this meant assuming past growth rates would continue. When there were specific reasons to believe these trends would not continue, our extrapolations differed.

To convert from deficit impact to cumulative debt impact, we calculated the interest effects of each policy change, and then calculated cumulative deficit and interest costs. Although our calculations were done in consultation with experts, any budget estimates are inherently uncertain – depending not only on the exact nature of the policy, but also on the economic situation and on behavior responses to policy which may be difficult to predict. Beyond the ten-year budget window, this uncertainty increases.

This simulation does not employ dynamic scoring in calculating its figures. Many of the options, individually or together, may significantly impact economic growth, such as tax cuts or investments in infrastructure and research and development. However, given the uncertainty in magnitude of these effects, we adopt the standard scoring convention which assumes that policy changes will not lead to changes in macroeconomic variables. As there is no standard for applying dynamic scoring, we follow common budgeting procedure as practiced by organizations like CBO.

Well as you said your deal there is with him. Ultimately some things will be cut, others replaced, and if there is still a money problem the tariffs and other policies should make it up. 

Alright, thanks for the info but I stand by what I said.

Edited by Rozalia
  • Upvote 1

congrats_text.png You reduced the debt to 48% of GDP in 2020, and kept it at a sustainable level through 2030.  I'll be honest, I cut a lot of stuff, but had a couple add items as well.  I think we've all gotten use to how things are, if we as a nation want to really get serious about getting our debt under control, it's going to take some hard choices and a lot of belt tightening to make it happen.  Will it suck....you're damn right it will, but hopefully, we'll be able to "Right the Ship" sort of speak.

X4EfkAB.png

congrats_text.png You reduced the debt to 48% of GDP in 2020, and kept it at a sustainable level through 2030.  I'll be honest, I cut a lot of stuff, but had a couple add items as well.  I think we've all gotten use to how things are, if we as a nation want to really get serious about getting our debt under control, it's going to take some hard choices and a lot of belt tightening to make it happen.  Will it suck....you're damn right it will, but hopefully, we'll be able to "Right the Ship" sort of speak.

Completely agree. 

First thing he should do to fix the debt is undo what the last pro-business republican president did to our tax structure. We went from surplus to utter ruin under a dude a lot like Trump.

First thing he should do to fix the debt is undo what the last pro-business republican president did to our tax structure. We went from surplus to utter ruin under a dude a lot like Trump.

Who was this dude like Trump? Lets hear how alike they are. Go on, don't get nervous. 

Much of the debt sits at the Federal level. Much can be given to the States to ensure, and let them cut it if they see it not as a necessity.

Who was this dude like Trump? Lets hear how alike they are. Go on, don't get nervous.

You don't know who the last republican president is? Sad. Very nasty guy.

Let's see... They are both stupid. Embarrass themselves and America every time they speak. Both whores to globalism (corporatism). Were/will be subordinate to their veep. Have/will transfer the net worth of the middle class to the wealthy via the stock market. Both ruinous to America. Trump will be at least as detrimental to the US and the global economy as was W.