Syndicate/Terminus Est v Alpha War Propaganda Thread.

Avakael

The hatred from you guys is real, like jesus.

You know this is a game right?

I mean things got personal between Mensa/Rose and I don't even think it was this heated. You all look pretty petty in this thread, I don't blame Steve for just posting pictures in here.

This thread is mostly Ivan unleashed.

Speaking more broadly: You're right- this is a game. I don't think any of us take the in-game grudges and/or animosity seriously out of character. We are playing a political simulator however, and I personally find heated rivalries to provide a lot of flavor to an otherwise bland geopolitical dynamic.

Revel in the hate, keegoz. Let it consume you, and join us.

• Upvote 4

os9LcJK.gif

True. Remeber that alpha guy who, following Steve's demilitarization ddecree, started decomissioning soldiers and then found he couldnt decom tanks cuz had purchased the same day?

ncfCvbv.jpg

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 4

Hahahaha. I <DO> love tacos.

(Steve has a pretty thick skin, I think. But if there's anything in anything that I've said that he takes personally in an OOC sense that is absolutely not my intent and I really am sorry. Parti is right, I think, in that too many IC warm fuzzies aren't good for the game, and I think Alpha and t$ can attribute a lot of the fun we've had in the last few months to each other. I'm cool with that, at least.)

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

I mean things got personal between Mensa/Rose and I don't even think it was this heated. You all look pretty petty in this thread, I don't blame Steve for just posting pictures in here.

Remember that time that you were the worst? Oh wait that is every time.

jk ilu bby :)

Speaking more broadly: You're right- this is a game. I don't think any of us take the in-game grudges and/or animosity seriously out of character. We are playing a political simulator however, and I personally find heated rivalries to provide a lot of flavor to an otherwise bland geopolitical dynamic.

Honestly, you and your alliance have gone well beyond the IC line into OOC territory...but whatever.

But....back to better things!  Like more...you know....propaganda!

d8ThzCD.jpg

Edited by Placentica

Honestly, you and your alliance have gone well beyond the IC line into OOC territory...but whatever.

d8ThzCD.jpg

10/10 accurate.

The OOC bit is a hefty accusation and if you do feel I or any of my members have crossed an OOC line, i'd invite you to share it with me so we can address it. I'd appreciate it if you can elaborate on where and how specifically this occurred.

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

10/10 accurate.

The OOC bit is a hefty accusation and if you do feel I or any of my members have crossed an OOC line, i'd invite you to share it with me so we can address it. I'd appreciate it if you can elaborate on where and how specifically this occurred.

As any of my members can attest to, and our behavior in the leadup to Proxy should have demonstrated, we take OOC attacks very seriously. If you're able to demonstrate any instance where this has occurred that has not already been addressed by Partisan or myself, please reach out to one or both of us immediately about it. We'll get it fixed.

The only two things I can think of were an incredibly ill-advised post that I ordered be taken down even before Moderation got around to it, and a really horrendous youtube vid that was posted in your IRC channel, which to the best of my knowledge we've already apologized for and have disciplined the member for posting.

Edited by Roy Mustang

As any of my members can attest to, and our behavior in the leadup to Proxy should have demonstrated, we take OOC attacks very seriously. If you're able to demonstrate any instance where this has occurred that has not already been addressed by Partisan or myself, please reach out to one or both of us immediately about it.

The only two things I can think of were an incredibly ill-advised post that I ordered be taken down even before Moderation got around to it, and a really horrendous youtube vid that was posted in your IRC channel, which to the best of my knowledge we've already apologized for and have disciplined the member for posting.

There's that much hate flowing around orbis' oceans? Sounds like we need to a better job controlling where we throw our garbage away to and not letting the poor innocent sea animals choke on such hazards.

Oh wait, stevaroos and parti-pythons don't live in the oceans, but at least the concept is correct.

I'm literally the only person in this game who calls you Placentica tho.

I tend to leave out the last 'c' and call him Placentia. Edited by Valdoroth

Honestly, you and your alliance have gone well beyond the IC line into OOC territory...but whatever.

Seeing as how he was replying to you, Partisan, I think he's accusing you of attacking him OOC-wise ( As well as others ).

However, considering his recent attitude about log dumping, he's probably pointing it on that.  That's just speculation though.

Or maybe it was when people called him a liar?  I'm just guessing.

• Downvote 1

d8ThzCD.jpg

vFRjcuD.png

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

d8ThzCD.jpg

"[...] drifted into OOC territory [...]"

But Partisan is a pale nerd tryhard who doesn't go outside...

Neat. OOC attacks suck imo. We're all pale nerd tryhards.

Not my finest work, granted....but I got half way before I realized it was terrible.  Oh...wait everything I've made is terrible....

kWgaYki.jpg

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 2

It's not hate from my part. It's genuine surprise at the lack of efficience displayed by Steve.

This war was a lot more closer than the number of nations involved per side may suggest. Most of t$ was out of range, and Alpha had a small advantage on the top tier. One 19 and five 18s vs one 19, one 18 and four 17s. Not much, but an advantage.

The opening hours of the war were very similar to the Rose-t$ front of the Rollback war. Then, when things looked like going south for us, Steve just relocated all reserves solely on his own attackers, neglected to use his own nation for counters, and to my surprise I found my enemies deleting their military.

Despite that, by round 2 all we had in shape to take on Steve's 20-city nation, was a single 17 and two 16s. If he had not ordered demilitarization, that would have been three 16s only. If he had allocated his reserves better, and had used his own nation to help his companions, he wouldn't have stood alone. They would have won the tier and could have proceeded down. Or just stayed safe on the top and claim a moral victory.

Instead of that, his whole war strategy based in bluffing his own nation and conservation of his army at full strenght, at the expense of everything else, only allowed his nation to last about fifteen minutes into round two.

As things tuned on in round #1, odds were in our favor for round 2. But he had a significant chance of ruining our day. Small, a 20%, perhaps a 30%, but still a chance. iInstead of taking it, he refused to roll the dice. Threw away a few poorly timed ground attacks without rebuilding (which ended poorly for him when we rebuilt and counteratracked), then scrapped the remmants of his army and switched to nuke turret mode (which has allowed him to nuke us all for a day, by tomorrow he will only have his single daily nuke to launch at the eight targets grinding his infra).

I write all this not to humiliate him, but in the interest of keeping this game sporting. If I wanted to humiliate him I'd just point out that twenty minutes after our attack he scrapped his military improvments for resource production, efectively quitting the war.

Edited by Ivan the Red
  • Upvote 1

"[...] drifted into OOC territory [...]"

But Partisan is a pale nerd tryhard who doesn't go outside...

Neat. OOC attacks suck imo. We're all pale nerd tryhards.

Excuse you, sirrah, I am a halfway-tanned nerd tryhard.

• Upvote 1

g23Jm5K.png

Not my finest work, granted....but I got half way before I realized it was terrible.  Oh...wait everything I've made is terrible....

kWgaYki.jpg

At least you know it's terrible :P

Thanks for the comic debut, even if I'm miscast (I don't run Econ)

It's not hate from my part.

yes it is. you are just a griever like most of tS. i have no idea who you are, but you sure came out of the wood work to be the biggest tryhard in PW. i want you to keep posting because you make tS look bad and look like a bunch of children.

It's genuine surprise at the lack of efficience displayed by Steve.

no, it's not genuine. it's shitposting. stop trying to use big/made-up words that don't even fit or apply in this case, you "malaprop-dropping catachrestic". see i know how to use google too.

This war was a lot more closer than the number of nations involved per side may suggest.

no the number nations (120 vs 30) pretty well explains this was a designed curbstomp. and you could 3v1 nearly everyone in Alpha. this war was never close. if you had gone it alone, maybe. but that says more about alpha than it does about tS.

Most of t$ was out of range, and Alpha had a small advantage on the top tier..

no, no they were not. you 3v1'ed nearly all of us. alpha had no advantage on any tier due to the declare's ranges.

Steve just relocated all reserves solely on his own attackers

no, we declared wars on attackers in defense of Alpha nations that had a chance to win their wars due to extreme incompetence on your side. we had 4-5 nations that this happened to. you completely messed up your huge advantage and couldn't win 3v1's in 4-5 instances. huge huge fail.

neglected to use his own nation for counters,

lol, you are terrible at understanding the war system. do you understand how stupid it is to counter when you have 1/3rd your max capacity of air?

I found my enemies deleting their military.

lol, learn what decomming is vs. deleting. i hope you don't run milcom in tS. or any part of any alliance's gov.

Despite that, by round 2 all we had in shape to take on Steve's 20-city nation, was a single 17 and two 16s.

false. you had about 8 nations in range of him, all maxed out. poor you! a single 17 and two 16 cities! what a bunch of noobs! that's only 49 cities to take on a 20 city nation that had only 13 cities worth of aircraft. how ever will you achieve victory!

TEst suicided planes into placentica airforce at the last second to prevent him from maxing out.  lol, if you think a heavily damaged 20 city can take on 3v1 - 49 vs 20 city attack. you fail hard here, you tryhard.

If he had not ordered demilitarization,

again, learn the war system and the new updates. at low infra levels, your max caps aren't your max barracks/factories. it's infra capped so there is no point in keeping improvements you can't even use.

If he had allocated his reserves better, and had used his own nation to help his

given your complete lack of understanding i don't expect you do get it here either. you have been wrong on pretty much everything you've said, tactically.

part 1, return in 1 minute for part 2

They would have won the tier and could have proceeded down. Or just stayed safe on the top and claim a moral victory.

there was no tier we were ever going to "win" because you brought in another, much more active/organized alliance, TEst, to make sure that didn't happen. you 3v1'ed us to make sure we had no military after round 1. other than the times when you failed spectacularly in a some of the 3v1's.

Instead of that, his whole war strategy based in bluffing his own nation and conservation of his army at full strength, at the expense of everything else, only allowed his nation to last about fifteen minutes into round two.

when it's clear you can't win a 3v1, you do what is necessary. i hope the next time you are defeated you can continue to waste steel fighting back a 3v1. 

As things tuned on in round #1, odds were in our favor for round 2.

55553046.jpg

if they hadn't been hugely in your favor by round 2 then you are the worst two fighting alliances to ever graced orbis. if you can't 120 vs 31 and win, you should disband your alliance.

But he had a significant chance of ruining our day. Small, a 20%, perhaps a 30%, but still a chance. iInstead of taking it, he refused to roll the dice.

no, he did not. after TEst/tS sucided into his nation late on day 5, he had 2/3rd air capacity (like 13 cities worth). he did "roll the dice" and RNG prevailed.  you brag like you didn't have 2 buddies helping you out. you want to shitpost? take someone on 1v1. you are are like that bully that picks on the kid, but then when the kid fights back, you have all your friends beat him up for you.

Threw away a few poorly timed ground attacks without rebuilding (which ended poorly for him when we rebuilt and counteratracked), then scrapped the remmants of his army and switched to nuke turret mode (which has allowed him to nuke us all for a day, by tomorrow he will only have his single daily nuke to launch at the eight targets grinding his infra).

wow, i just can't believe you are this dense? do you realize that if you rebuy, you can't decom and save steel for future rounds? do you lack basic war skills bro? do you not understand that all our spies got wiped out by day 2? why would he keep nukes to get spied away? are you really that dense to think he'd have nukes for round 3? why not lit them off onto high infra targets. it makes tactical sense. due to your huge need to shitpost you are ignoring basic logic.

I write all this not to humiliate him,

actually you are trying, but only humiliating yourself.

but in the interest of keeping this game sporting.

yes, lets go play a game of cricket and talk about horses!

If I wanted to humiliate him I'd just point out that twenty minutes after our attack he scrapped his military improvments for resource production

you couldn't humiliate placentica if you tried...and you are trying. you only make yourself look like a griever.

again, you don't understand infra caps on military and how to wage a long-term war and basic resource conservation methods. eventually tS will lose a war, but i hope you don't learn this lesson before then.

efectively quitting the war.

yes, placentica is quitting the war, you heard it here first folks!

listen, i'm going to level with you because you are probably upset. this is your moment to really rub it in, right? but you are making yourself look like a clown. you are making your alliance look like a bunch of clowns and grievers. in your huge efforts to shitpost, you aren't even trying to be someone accurate.

so STOP.

STOP trying so hard.

STOP trying to act like we did something to you.

STOP acting like you are too cool for school and know what you are talking about. it's pathetic. it's as pathetic as me going line by line through your shitpost.

just act like a decent human being. is that really too hard for you?

Edited by HopeSolo