Tariffs

Nationalist

Have different tariffs from the alliance and global market. We'll raise tariffs on the global market to bring jobs back to BK!

• Upvote 3

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

I think it would add an interesting dynamic to the game if alliances were able to be able to set different tariff rates on internal trade and global trade, and also to embargo entire enemy alliances.

Right now alliance markets and embargoes are not used very much, and this might change that.

• Upvote 1

Too much power to alliances, who says that alliances should have the power to do this on behalf of their members? Strange idea coming from a "Nationalist".

i don't think this would go well with taxing purchased resources (ie. i buy 100 steel but only get 90)... it would have to be only on money earned from trades, and you can already tax those resources as they're created, meaning this would only give alliances the new ability to tax people who are playing the market, while potentially adding in a double tax on resource producers. i'm not sure if i agree or not, tbh.